E3 '09

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

E3 '09

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 pm

So, E3's coming up, and there's a lot to be excited about; they're letting attendants in instead of just industry players, and there's no more of this E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) Expo crap, and it looks like there's a lot of games to look forward to as well. What are you excited about? What do you see happening?

Personally, Assassin's Creed is going to be exciting, most likely. Shame I can't play it myself. There's a new Ace Attorney game coming out (Objection!) as well as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and LEGO Rock Band make me want to cry. A lot. On the other hand, Rabbids go Home has me interested; I have the first Rabbids game and I love it, so I expect this to be awesome. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep makes me want to cry, since I don't have a PSP, but otherwise, I don't have an opinion on Sony's stuff. I'm sure Halo 3: ODST will make a lot of people REEEELY happy, even if I don't care for it (and lack an X-box of any type). Star Wars: The Old Republic is going to make people excited as well, but I don't care much for MMORPGS.

As for the unnamed games so far... this is what I see:
Square Enix (3) - One is going to be Kingdom Hearts 3, most likely. Another will likely be the next Final Fantasy/Remake. And then there's going to be their unrelated to either game that they release every year or so.
Tecmo (3) - Well, this could be another Dead or Alive, but it could be more Ninja Gaiden. If you ask me though, its Monster Rancher DS. And if not, I have a few weapons to go buy. Completely unrelated, I swear.
Capcom (1, maybe) - Could be Mega Man, unlikely to be Ace Attorney, since there's already an announced one to be showcased.
Konami (1, maybe) - OHMYGAWD, METAL GEAR! (Metal Gear Awesome is not on Youtube reference, in case you didn't get it)
Ubisoft (1, maybe) - Avatar game? If so, better be a hell of a lot better than the others, they all sucked. Another Rabbid game? Just like Capcom's Attorney series, there's already one to be showcased, so unlikely. Prince of Persia? Tom Clancy? Another... *shudder* Imagine game?

And that's just what we're all expecting, there could be so much more. I hope that there's no new consoles being announced, really, but that's unlikely at this moment. Valve'll be there, what can we expect from them? I'm sure Sega'll announce another Sonic game that sounds good but will fail in the end. Namco Bandai might be bringing out another Tamagotchi or Digimon game...

But what of the big three? Will Nintendo announce Gold and Silver remakes (for us non-Japanese fans, who don't have it confirmed officially?). Another Mario game? More Pikmin? Or, who knows... maybe they're going to announce a NEW series! Maybe the new DS? More Wii peripherals? Who knows really. Too bad I don't know Sony and Microsoft enough to comment on them.

The only question now that I haven't addressed yet is whether Atari's dropping out will have an impact.

Anyway, if you've stayed through my ramblings, tear them to pieces, and then post your own, ok?

Also, I got the majority of my info from Wikipedia's article on this year's expo. Shut up, I'm too tired to search for other sources.

The previous was copied verbatim from the GITP thread of the same name, also created by me.
Oh how I wish I could be a tool.

Alas, I mere middle schooler am I, and the resources I lack to pay the fee.

Boop the economy, by the way.

A tool in spirit, I suppose.
The Dark Fiddler

Re: E3 '09

Postby jioan » Sat May 30, 2009 11:34 am

All I want to see is a new Pikmin game. I've played hundreds of games on Pikmin 2 and played the original several times. Of course I wouldn't mind a new Metroid, Legend of Zelda, or Mario game. Although if its Mario it will probably not be the main series because Nintendo usually only releases one of those a console. (The exception being the SNES with both the Lost Levels and SMB3.) I'm also looking forward to what Blizzard may announce. I'm hoping for a Warcraft 4, a WoW expansion, or at least a confirmed Starcraft 2 release date.

As far as new consoles go I don't want to see any new ones yet. I don't want time being wasted on a new console when really I only care about the games.
Also the HeartGold and SoulSilver pokemon games have been confirmed for release in America in 2010. (Check Serebii)
jioan

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sat May 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Blizzard won't be at E3 likely, they have their own Blizzcon.

Also, Serebii:
A) Says that nowhere.
B) Can't always be trusted.

The Dark Fiddler

Postby jioan » Sat May 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Sorry, my bad about Blizzard I thought I read somewhere that they were attending this year. O-well. Maybe Ubisoft will make a new Lost Magic game. :)

Anyway here (http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/) it says under release dates on the right side of the page that it is coming out in 2010 for US and Europe. Whether this is accurate or not I can't say for sure, but serebii is a reliable site and I haven't found anything false there before unless it was a simple error or they specifically said it was speculation. I believe this isn't the actual release but a time frame Nintendo stated it would probably be released in. However the fact that its there at all shows it has been confirmed.
jioan

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sat May 30, 2009 7:47 pm

It hasn't been confirmed, that's just a very good guestimate, because really, they can't wait more than year after the Japan release for the U.S. release.

The Dark Fiddler

Postby jioan » Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 am

The date actually suggests it has confirmed. Which it has, but not officially just by nintendos actions. According to http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/12/corocoro-reveals-pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-deets-ninte/ which has cited its own sources Nintendo has filed for American trademarks of the games. Why else would they do this unless they were going to release the games here. (You'll notice the post was checked over and that some false speculation had once been in it. I can assure you it has been removed and everything left is true.) So, in a way we were both correct. It hasn't been officially confirmed but it is coming to America.

Anyway back on topic. Am I the only one who wants to see a remake of Earthbound? Not just a port like Chrono Trigger but an actually remake such as FFIII and FFIV for DS.
jioan

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 am

Mother 3 is more likely.

That's saddening.

The Dark Fiddler

Postby zarwin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:39 am

I wasn't interested at all in ODST until E3. It looks good. It looks at least a bit different, and it looks polished (with a few plasma splash exceptions.)

It's too early to pass judgment on Reach, but my initial reaction is "meh."

New metroid game sounds promising.

NATAL was underwhelming, and so was whatever Sony brought to compete.

Metal Gear on the 360, good for me.

Assassin's creed 2 makes me happy.

Left 4 Dead 2. It sounds good, but it seems like the first one just came out. I'd rather see episode three and Half life three.

God of war three made me look at PS3 prices a few times. Almost worth it.

It's better than last year, but I wish there had been more.
zarwin

Postby Prometheus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am

I'm looking forward to Golden Sun DS. It might actually be a truly fantastic RPG on the DS (imagine that).
The first step to being right all of the time is to admit that you're wrong most of the time.
Prometheus

Return to General Gaming