Warbarons.com = Warlords 2 online

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Warbarons.com = Warlords 2 online

Postby Muzzafar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 am

One of the old school PC turn-based strategies that Erfworld was probably inspired by is the Warlords series.
Warlords 2 is perhaps the most popular game in the series and, some argue, the best of them all.

There were several attempts to make an online game that would work like Warlords 2. Warbarons.com project is the only one that reached the beta-test stage so far (as far as I know).

Warbarons.com offers games for up to 8 players (only free-for-all at the moment with teamplay promised soon). The gameplay is turn-based, with turns made within 12, 24 or 36 hours for normal games and much faster (something like 10 minutes) for fast games. You get an e-mail notification when it is your turn.

For those unfamiliar with Warlords 2 - a short list of features:
- cities produce units (from lowly scouts to mighty dragons and archons)
- units can be stacked (up to 8 units to a stack)
- heroes can be hired to lead your troops (heroes earn XP and level up improving their skills)

There are many differences between the rules of the game and the laws of Erfworld universe (for example, there is no magic in Warlords 2 or Warbarons). But this game still comes close to a game that could be developed based on Erfworld.

The game is free of charge. Games can be password protected (meaning only people knowing the password can join). So it would be great to get a few interested Erfworld fans to play a game.

Anyone interested?
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Warbarons.com = Warlords 2 online

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 pm

You might be able to get together a group if you go over to the "Your Games" forum and ask the people playing the forum-based Erfworld games.

If there's enough people, I might be interested once we get closer to summer.
WaterMonkey314

Re: Warbarons.com = Warlords 2 online

Postby Saladman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and got in on one of their regular games, but I'd be up for another if there's interest here. (Though it seems quiet so far.)
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Return to General Gaming