Aion - new MMO

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Aion - new MMO

Postby depricated » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 am

Beta 6 just ended for Aion and next month it will hit shelves.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Aion is a new MMO developed by NCSoft. You might remember NCSoft from such games as Lineage, City of Heroes, and Guild Wars.

The theme is post-cataclysmic. I would say apocalyptic - and it is apocalyptic in a very biblical sense even - but post-apocalypse has come to be tied closely with a post-Nuclear War Earth. This isn't.

The precursor to the game is a war torn between Good and Evil. At the center sits the god Aion, whose physical manifestation is as the Tower of Eternity. Aion created a race of beings to protect the world, which turned against Aion, calling themselves the Balaur. Aion created 12 Empyrean Lords to defend against the Balaur. Some humans learned to harness the power of the Empyrean Lords, grew wings, and became known as Daeva. After a time, enough Daeva came to be born that 10 of the Empyrean Lords lead an army of them against the Balaur. With only 2 Lords guarding the Tower, the Balaur attacked it and shattered it, shattering the world.

Those who survived on the bottom part of the world grew in the light of the sun and were beautiful and good. These are the Elyos. On the top part of the world, scattered with the wreckage of the Tower of Eternity, the inhabitants never see sunlight. They grew demonic with claws and red eyes. These are the Asmodians.

What I present to you now is a preview of the Asmodian starting zone and cinematics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LsXQI-q0zY
depricated

Re: Aion - new MMO

Postby MolotovH » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 am

Looks like pretty decent graphics; I'm particularly a fan of the "jump off a cliff into an abyss and grow wings on your way down" scene.

Also, just as I opened this thread, I thought to myself, "I wonder if there are any other KoL players on this board..." :D
MolotovH

Return to General Gaming