Erfgame Special Creation Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfgame Special Creation Discussion

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:12 pm

I don't know about everyone else, but I love making specials using the Erfgame rules.

I thought it might be fun to brainstorm and discuss any cool units we had thought of. I guess the main reason I bring this up is because I thought of this

Airbus 30/4/4/57/heavy, mount, flight

Two of these can carry a full stack 57 hexes. That seems pretty strong. Park a powerful stack of non-heavies and 2 of these in your capital and protect your entire side
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Re: Erfgame Special Creation Discussion

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 pm

A very handy method of transportation, but it is of a very expensive sort and somewhat vulnerable in combat despite its stack worth of hp.

Personally I prefer something like the
Sand Wurm 22/15/8/19/heavy, burrowing, footbiter, fire breath, ranged, mount

That's a devastating 30 attack (not counting leadership bonuses for a warlord riding shotgun) on ground units, which can come as a surprise attack from underground, and a respectable 15 on pesky air units.

Then there is the
Puppetmaster 16/4/6/19/heavy, simple croakamancy, simple dollamancy, leadership, dance fighting.

Might not look impressive, but it can build up an army of dolls to lead into combat, then replace fallen dolls with uncroaked as it goes, boosting them all up with dance fighting leadership. Oh, and don't forget access to new disciplines with every level. Shockamancy for when there is no army built up yet, foolamancy to make her harder to hit, dirtamancy for more varied units to control, flower power to poison her dolls, etc.
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Sand Wurm is a nice unit, but it's totally different from my Airbus. The Bus should never see combat. It just ferries strong units to a few hexes out from the foe and drops them off. It stays out of trouble itself.

I think there is a lot of potential with Simple Mancy units, but I'd be inclined to give to A/B specials. It only has 1/3 the juice, but it has 1/5 the upkeep and takes half as long to pop.

Been contemplating an "undead" side with Simple Croakamancy Special A units.
GWvsJohn

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:29 am

Part of the reason I like doubling up with the D is it gives her something to do outside of turns where there is combat. That, and the potential for additional simple mancies is very powerful. But I agree, you are more or less throwing your chips into the pot with that one.

One interesting thing with the Airbus is that while it can't transport heavy units itself, it can transport light ones that get promoted to heavy. That'd be a great strike force for taking poorly guarded cities, especially if you had a light special with siege that could go along for the ride as well.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Acorntail » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

I made a program for this purpose actually: http://www.mediafire.com/?8dffyed0g1zhxp4

This can be exported and pasted into the forum like so:

Abbey Champion 12/8/8/10/- (120 + 20)/Forest Capability (0), Leadership (4), Dance-fighting (4), Healer (2), Speed Boost (2), Knight (0)
Knight Class C-Special
'Champions are the warrior-guardians of Redwall Abbey, equally skilled, dangerous and caring. They are slow to anger, and slow to forgive.'
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Side I just thought of, based off the cartoon Gargoyles.

Side Name: Avalon
Colors: Grey, red
Leader Name: Lord Xavid of the Danatos clan
Preferred Terrain:
Caster Preference: Dollamancer,
Caster Non-Preference:
Side Bonus:

Stabber - The Pack - 5/5/3/5 - Vicious men who relish nothing more than the thrill of combat

Piker - 7/4/5/5

Archers - Hunter - 5/9/0/5/Ranged, Garrison - When an enemy needs to be eliminated quickly, Xavid sends his Hunters

Knight - Steel Clan - 10/9/8/5/Flight - Men with intricate suits of armor to resemble Goyle that grant them Flight

Special A - Goyle - 13/7/6/12/Flight, Heavy - Your standard Gargoyle
Special B - Puck - 8/2/2/6/Healer, Surveyor, Builder, Simple Thinkamancy - Puck's are Lord Xavid's assistants, overseeing the infrastructure and communication of the side
Special C - Goliath - 17/9/8/10/Heavy, Flight, Leadership - Elite Leaders of the Gargoyle
Special D - Child of Oberon - 16/8/4/19/Ranged, Bubble Breath, Simple Foolamancy, Simple Changemancy - Mysterious tricksters and shapeshifters who wield powerful magics to aid Avalon

What do you guys think? I really like the special B unit. Pop one of them in every city and your efficiency goes up and all communication needs are taken care of.

For the special D, I picked things to try and proxy general magical skills. Can you guys think of a better combo than Fool/Change/Bubble?
GWvsJohn

Return to Your Games