Moving Along

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Moving Along

Postby DJMandwich » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion of this book and the beginning of the next phase/chapter. It sounds as though it should update at a pretty regular pace, and I would surmise that some pages are already finished. But getting there...this slow crawl is killing me. Is it possible to rush these last few pages of Book 2 art-wise and then go back after the fact and update them? I would take rough sketches, or stick figures, or even blank panels with speech bubbles.

I understand that it is important that Book 2 be finished by Xin for the sake of continuity, and I agree wholeheartedly. Of the three artists, she's been my favorite so far (sorry David), and I wish her all the best. But on the other hand, I can't wait to get back to reading my favorite webcomic. So is there some way that we can rush ahead to where David can begin doing updates, and Xin can update her rushed pages while David continues the saga?

Also, what about IPTSF? That would at least keep me sated, and that doesn't even need art to be appreciated.
DJMandwich

Re: Moving Along

Postby 0beron » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Eh, they're gonna do it how they want to do it, and I think at least your suggestion for the Book 2 pages would be awful and a detriment to the comic.
Inner Peave might be able to continue, but given the heavy text content I imagine that takes Rob a while to do anyway, so removing Xin from that process prolly wouldn't change much anyway. Keep in mind also that "Team Erfworld" has a lot on their plate right now in general what with the motion comic and the website project.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby frei » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Suck it up, girl scout. This is Erfworld. You get an update every two or three weeks. Anything faster than that is a happy gift or the Erfabet.
frei

Postby DJMandwich » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I know these last few updates were definitely not in response to my post, but I just want to say thank you, Mr. Balder. 1 update per 5 days is a pace I can appreciate very much. Both Books are at a very suspenseful point right now, and the 1 update per two weeks pace was killing me, especially considering the promise of increased pace after Book 2 is finished.
DJMandwich

Return to Everything Else Erfworld