Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:54 am

Sing will teleport to the other side of the shaft.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:32 am

Adreena will cut a length of her rope about the width of the passage and quickly douse it in oil. She will lay it down at the end of the corridor (across the corridor obviously, between the gate and Raveesh) saying...
"Someone get ready to light this from your lamp once we retreat across it. It should hold the snake. !"

"Wildthwing, Craven,...we're retreating !"

She will retreat along the passage past the rope.

OOC BTW Adreena no longer has D'Steps gem even though it is still listed in her possessions /OOC
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm

LTDave wrote:Wildthwing takes a toughness check… [ 12 ] Fail! Wildthwing is wounded, semi-dazed, shaken, and deafened all in the same phase.
I think Wildthing may be unable to run thru the door with the rest of us due to his wounds. I think we may need to take measures to help him out.

Craven grabs one end of his rope and ties a quick knot around Wildthing's leg. Then he runs thru the door, letting the rope trail out behind him.
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC BTW Adreena no longer has D'Steps gem even though it is still listed in her possessions /OOC


{read back through the events - at no point did the team actually act on the plan, even though ample opportunity was given...}
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 am

Hi LTDave,
If you're referring to this post as "ample opportunity" I had assumed that the line " Now might be a good time" was us actually enacting the agreed plan. I did not realize it was only an opportunity to enact the plan which required us to re-state our agreed intentions. I certainly did not think that Jax would be fool enough to let us carry a known GPS gem to our destination.


LTDave wrote:The night phase passes without incident, and the new dawn breaks over Lord Wye Island with sudden "pop".

Jax calls the stacks to order, watches as they gather their gear, and climb on board Stephanie. She gives a particular glare to stack seven, and a very slight nod to Adreena.

"Let's roll."

Stephanie flaps her wings and tail and the whole unlikely caboodle launch into the sky, headed south.

After a few hexes' journey, Jax walks back to meet A'ah and Adreena. "Now might be a good time."


Character Stats
Spoiler: show
Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
Race: Human Profession: Healer
STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
Armour: Light Armour
Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
Funds in hand: 95


Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
Funds in hand: 80


Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
Race: Elf Profession: Caster
STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
Armour: None
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
Funds in hand: 0


Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
Race: Human Profession: Scout
STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

Weapons: Dagger, 3 Hunting Spears, Crossbow (16 bolts), Atatl (over-encumbered)
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, Spade.
Funds in hand: 125


Name: Craven [Swodaems]
Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
Funds in hand: 200


Name: Toothry A'ah [Lipkin]
Race: Transylvito Profession: Caster
STR 4 DEX 2 INT 4 SPT 1
Agility 3 Craft 5 Fighting 5 Knowledge 10 Perception 6
Persuasion 2 Shooting 5 Speed 5 Stealth 2 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook
Armour: None
Special: Befriend: One person likes you for 5 minutes. He will help & defend you, but not do anything suicidal. He will remember afterwards what you did. If you attack him it breaks the spell; , Daze: Enemy cannot attack for 3 turns. He can still move & defencd himself. Range 30'; Detect Enemy: Gives the location of the nearest creature who intends to harm the caster up to 60'; Terrify: Enemy must pass a Tougness skill check to attack wizard. Lasts 3 rounds.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Gentleman's cane, Writing Set, Chalk, Cape, Doombat.
Funds in hand: 0
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:29 am

^What he said.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Spoiler: show
On the gem: Well, I guess I'm just being a bit of jerk then. There's a gap between the "opportunity" post and the "moving on" post of 70 or so hours, with posts between from lipkin and werebiscuit. At the time I thought "ok, fine, they don't do it" and it seemed like the right thing to do. It just gives me a hook for future story, which I can always GM ex machina anyway. I'm not an rpg'er, so if I'm breaking conventions or threshold concepts I apologise. If desired, I can retcon the gem and bat away. Post your thoughts in a spoiler in your next set of orders.


Sing will teleport to the other side of the shaft. [ 14 ] Fail to cast - Sing's spell fizzles…

Adreena will cut a length of her rope about the width of the passage and quickly douse it in oil. She will lay it down at the end of the corridor (across the corridor obviously, between the gate and Raveesh) [ 1 ] Adreena is incredibly adept with her rope, knife, and oil. The rope is strung across, and Adreena stands by to "light it up"

Craven grabs one end of his rope and ties a quick knot around Wildthing's leg. Then he runs thru the door, letting the rope trail out behind him. [ 13 ] Success! Wildthwing is trussed up like a twoll ready to be roasted…

The Taker strikes at Wildthwing… [ 9 ] Miss! Despite being wounded and semi-dazed, Wildthwing manages to block the attack…


Image
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 am

(2nd attempt) Sing will teleport to the other side of the shaft.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Keeping hold of the rope, Craven will move to where Sing is, start yanking on the rope, and ask Raveesh, Toothry, and Shack to help him pull Wildthing in.
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:15 am

Lipkin wrote:The caster gave Jax a look of disdain.

"Slowly."

Toothry took the gem and, producing a piece of parchment from his cape, wrapped the gem up so it was easier to grip. He placed it between Victor the Doombat's claws, who began to furiously flap his wings, attempting to get air born.

"Even with the penalty to his move for over-encumberment, he should still be able to get far enough to serve our purpose.

This was the post that I took to mean the bat and gem plan was enacted. I figured you would want to roll or something, or just decide if it would work, so I didn't say the Bat full on took flight.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 am

Fair 'nough.

Any orders for the current situation?
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 am

Adreena WILL wait till Wildthwing either retreats under his own volition or is pulled across the oiled rope before setting light to it. if the taker rounds the bend before Wildthwing she has a spear in her other hand ready to keep it at bay on the other side of the rope.
She will shout at Wildthwing
" WILDTHWING, GET BACK ROUND HERE, NOW ! "

Spoiler: show
Nothing much to add to what I said previously. Except that so much is assumed to happen between update posts, especially on journeys that I didn't find it unusual that the plan wasn't depicted, since we had already agreed what was going to happen. I had previously noticed that the gem was still in Adreena's possession but again didn't find in unusual, thinking it was just another of your :twisted: MANY :P oversights since I didn't believe Jax would let us carry it further.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:30 pm

OOC: Nothing from me, but maybe Shack could toss a heal Thwing's way?
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 am

Doctor Love Shack will heal Wildthwing if he comes in, or help pull him to safety if he's still standing around like a goof
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 am

Sing teleports across the shaft. Why walk when you can leap? There seems to be a problem, though: he's a level below where he was before. Hmmm.

The Taker strikes Wildthwing, wounding him again. Wildthwing is now unconscious.

Craven and Adreena pull on the rope, and Raveesh and Shack join in. Together they haul the now unconscious Wildthwing around the corner and over the oil drenched rope.

The Taker slithers around the corner and rises up, hissing and spitting, fangs dripping with Twoll blood and venom...

(No map update)
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 am

Adreena steps up to the rope and aims a spear thrust at the Taker. She will try to avoid it's direct gaze.

" I'll keep it busy,.. Craven, you help me. Shack see to Wildthwing... Count, Raveesh, Sing...will one of you light the damn rope ! "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am

Spoiler: show
(forgot to include this in last set of orders: ) My vote is to retcon the bat and gem away. Both the PCs and NPCs made a big deal about trying to get rid of it, and it's horribly out of character for all parties involved to just suddenly fail to execute or follow up on it.


(OOC: Since our characters don't appear to have levels, I assume that being 'a level below' refers to my position in space, and not that crossing the shaft hit me with a form of level drain... :D )

Sing casts Invisibility and explores the area, trying to determine why he's lower than he should be.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am

LTDave wrote:The Taker slithers around the corner and rises up, hissing and spitting, fangs dripping with Twoll blood and venom...

(No map update)

Has the Taker crossed the gate yet? For that matter, which of the 2 corners did it just slither around?

If the Taker has crossed the gate, then Craven's orders are to follow Adreena's advice and help her hold it off. (Move next to Adreena and stand ready with sword and shield, striking at the Taker if possible.)

If the Taker hasn't crossed the gate, then Craven will attempt to close the gate in order to separate the Taker from the group. If the gate opens inwards towards the group, Craven will then use his shield to lean on the gate in order to keep it shut.
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 am

OOC

Swodaems wrote:
LTDave wrote:The Taker slithers around the corner and rises up, hissing and spitting, fangs dripping with Twoll blood and venom.

...
...
If the Taker hasn't crossed the gate, then Craven will attempt to close the gate in order to separate the Taker from the group. If the gate opens inwards towards the group, Craven will then use his shield to lean on the gate in order to keep it shut.

Swodaems, I'm pretty sure that the "gate" is a grille or Sing wouldn't have been able to teleport through it as his teleport has a visual range (see below) . Not sure a grille will stop a snake.
LTDave wrote:
Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]

Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.


/OOC
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Toothry will triple cast Daze at the Taker, hoping to slow it.

"I don't know what good that rope will do, but we are running out of time!"
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest