Consequences of a Spacerock capital: Unit types for GK

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Consequences of a Spacerock capital: Unit types for GK

Postby drachefly » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Whispri wrote:Dwagons can be tamed without Arkenassistance and Gobwin Knob is right next door to a Dwagon infested mountain range.

Good point. I still think it fits together more neatly if GK could pop dwagons before, but the strength of that is significantly decreased.
drachefly

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:36 pm

I really think Dwagons are due to the Arkenhammer and not a unit GK could pop otherwise. At one point Parson makes a comment about Dwagons being loyal to the hammers. If they could be popped "normally" I doubt that would be the case.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby drachefly » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 am

Why not? If it tames them, it can likely turn them, so they'd all be loyal to it even if they popped locally.
drachefly

Postby kefkakrazy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:I really think Dwagons are due to the Arkenhammer and not a unit GK could pop otherwise. At one point Parson makes a comment about Dwagons being loyal to the hammers. If they could be popped "normally" I doubt that would be the case.

It's possible that Dwagons are a Gobwin Knob "super" unit (just like Archons for Charlescomm and Megalogwiffs for Faq) and that GK can pop them natively, but that the Arkenhammer boosts the spawn rate/production.

I'm fairly certain that it's been mentioned that Charlescomm can pop Archons without the Arkendish's help; not sure about that. I AM positive that one of the Text Updates has indicated that the Arkendish makes Charlescomm better at producing Archons than any other Side.
kefkakrazy

Postby wih » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:51 am

It didn't directly say that the 'dish gave a boost. It said that:

- Other cities exist that can spawn Archons
- But, these cities pop them at a slower rate

- This implies that Charlie's ability to pop Archons - because it is quicker than standard - is somehow unnatural.
wih

Postby drachefly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 am

Not necessarily unnatural - it could simply be that he scouted out the best city for popping archons and took it.

I wouldn't bet on it, but we can't rule it out.
drachefly

Postby kefkakrazy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 am

drachefly wrote:Not necessarily unnatural - it could simply be that he scouted out the best city for popping archons and took it.

Fair enough. Been long enough since I read it that I'm willing to concede that it may not have explicitly called out the Dish as the reason for his upgraded Archon summoning. Still, it remains as the most likely explanation.
kefkakrazy

Postby Deo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:55 am

drachefly wrote:Not necessarily unnatural - it could simply be that he scouted out the best city for popping archons and took it.

This might mean that cities themselves have attributes we don't know of though.

I believe it was mentioned that Charlie can pop an archon every turn, or three with a turnamancer (Wiki), if this is not an arkendish ability but a city ability does that imply that cities might have attributes like +100% archon build rate (+300% with turnamancer?), Restriction: City can only build archon unit types?.

I am less likely to believe this simply because we havent heard anything about cities having specials of this natural before, though it could be possible that it just hasn't come up in comic before. If cities do have abilities (open ability slots at level 5?) like that though it could explain some the more interesting parts of cities we have seen. Olives garden, Spacerocks Garrison, GK's tunnel system, though some these imply that L5 specials would have to be made, as Olive made her garden and besides some of the natural tunnels at GK, Sizemore admitted to digging out most of it, though we dont know details on the garrisons construction.

Alright, well i got off-topic.

Any who, I am not sure if we will see a sudden shift in unit types or not. Specially since if Spacerock generates the same units we have seen Jetstone using up to now, it would clash with the feel of Gobwin Knob units. I almost feel that we will see similar units, but adjusted for life under Gobwin knob.
Deo

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld