Scarlet: Unaroyal or Hobbittm

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Scarlet: Unaroyal or Hobbittm

Postby Muzzafar » Sun May 10, 2009 3:48 am

We know the make up of the Royal Crown Coalition:

- Jetstone (3949) x
- Unaroyal (1714)
- Sofa King (981)
- Foxmud (208) x
- Hobbittm (141)
- Transylvito (29) x
- Charlescomm (15) x

We have also seen liveries of some of the sides:
- Jetstone are yellow and ochre (both infantry and warlords)
- Foxmud are pink and purple (both infantry and warlord)
- Sofa King warlord (Duke Nozzle) is purple and ochre

We know that there are troops clad in:
- dark and light blue (both infantry and dark skinned warlord)
- red and orange (both infantry and warlord Scarlet)

We know that Charlescomm are probably Archons and Transylvito are Vinny and doombats.

So Scarlet for sure cannot belong to Jetstone, Foxmud, Transylvito or Charlescomm.
That leaves Unaroyal, Hobbittm or Sofa King.

I doubt about Sofa King for the following reasons:
- Duke Nozzle (who we know belongs to Sofa King) wears different colors (although it is worth noting that Prince Ansom as Chief Warlord to Jetstone wears his own colors too)
- Duke Nozzle and Scarlet are both in the war council (and it seems unlikely that one faction in the coalition will get two representatives in the council) and Scarlet acts and talks quite independently of Duke Nozzle and looks like an equal to him

I bet on either Unaroyal or Hobbittm although I have no idea which one exactly. What do you think?
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Scarlet: Unaroyal or Hobbittm

Postby privatepepper » Sun May 10, 2009 4:15 am

I say Unaroyal, because such a large portion of the Coalition would certainly have someone present.

Hobbittm seems unlikely to me, because it implies vertically-challenged units.
There's not much to be said. Follow me, and I will teach you the paths of love, of hate, of fire, of death, of life, of ice. Follow me, and I will lead you through years of victory and ruin.
privatepepper

Postby Xewleer » Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 am

Agreed. It would be an extreme insult to have the third largest group NOT represented in the alliance by a powerful commander who has Ansom's ear. After all, he has to juggle, like eight, completely different sides at once. Having someone like her on staff as a close confidant is an extremely good political move. Also, the red/oranged liveried troops are often seen, especially in the panels before they breached the walls. Let me put it this way, Ansom cannot afford to slap Unaroyal in the face by NOT having one of their own as an important commander. Also, I don't even think they've (the creators) have drawn a single hobbittm soldier of note.

Yep yep.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Muzzafar » Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Guys, you seem to forget the blue warlord.
Scarlet and the blue warlord are Unaroyal and Hobbittm (if we rule out Sofa King), we just do not know, which belongs to which.
So if Scarlet is Unaroyal, then the blue troops are Hobbittm. And they are both present in the council. In fact, the only faction that does not seem to have a member in the council is FoxMUD.
I would not hurry with assigning Scarlet to Unaroyal - the blue warlord can be Unaroyal and that means that Scarlet is either from Hobbittm (or, unlikely, Sofa King).
When we discuss numbers we have to remember 2 things:
1. We do not know if the numbers mean unit count. They might mean some sort of unit value (where some units are equal to more than 1). For example, Charlescomm lists 15, although we only saw the 3 Archons when Charlie was allied with Jetstone. 2. We have to remember that there are other unit types than infantry. Those orlies, unipegataurs, cloth golems, sourmancers, tcotchkes, siege towers had to belong to somebody. The blue warlord says "We lost more than 40 percent of our siege". Does she mean her side or RCC in general?
As for Hobbittm, I don't think that the name necessarily suggests that this faction consists of hobbits. It might just be a funny name.
Muzzafar

Postby R3u » Sun May 10, 2009 5:47 pm

If you check the page itself though, all of the things listed in post 1 of this thread are "capital sides" -- marbits, elves, and all natural allies are listed seperately from these factions.

Data about Unaroyal:
* They have far more troops in the siege than Hobbitm
* "Uniroyal" is a tire company with red in their logo

Data about Hobbitm:
* Far fewer troops.

Data about the commanders, and troops, that we've seen:
* In One Page, the blue commander is the first to order the siege continue. Either this is a brave move by a commander with few troops; or Blue works for Unaroyal (and thus, has the troops to make a siege happen). Both are possible.
* At the bottom of other pageswe can see roughly equal numbers of red and blue troops. Later, during the dance fight, there are two red sound effects, one blue sound effect, and one yellow. Assuming this is relevant at all, the colors could coincide with the factions that are dancing : Yellow for Jetstone, then red and blue for Hobbitm and Unaroyal. Perhaps red is the most numerous? Or could this be chance?
* After Ansom's croaking, Scarlett is the one that took the pliers. This would be a tantalizing clue about the leadership of the coalition, if any of the other commanders were alive at this point. But they're not.
* In the last panel of this page, we get a look at some troops in neighboring hexes at the end of the battle. They seem to be wearing red, rather than blue.

Overall..I have no freaking idea which is which.

Additional question: What side were the Unipegataurs on?
R3u

Postby Muzzafar » Mon May 11, 2009 11:42 am

R3u wrote:If you check the page itself though, all of the things listed in post 1 of this thread are "capital sides" -- marbits, elves, and all natural allies are listed seperately from these factions.

I am well aware of that. But it is not likely that Scarlet belongs to marbits or elves or Barbarian.
Data about Unaroyal:
* They have far more troops in the siege than Hobbitm
* "Uniroyal" is a tire company with red in their logo

Data about Hobbitm:
* Far fewer troops.

Yes, but don't forget Sofa King. The only confirmed Sofa King unit so far is Mr Nozzle. They supposedly had 980 units other than him. (I am saying that maybe blue or red troops are really from Sofa King. Not very likely, though.)

Data about the commanders, and troops, that we've seen:
* In One Page, the blue commander is the first to order the siege continue. Either this is a brave move by a commander with few troops; or Blue works for Unaroyal (and thus, has the troops to make a siege happen). Both are possible.

After dwagon raids the blue warlord comments that they lost more than 40 percent of their siege.
* In the last panel of this page, we get a look at some troops in neighboring hexes at the end of the battle. They seem to be wearing red, rather than blue.

The three troopers closest to "the camera" are dressed in red. Then we have 4 troopers in blue livery. The remaining mass is painted evenly in brownish-red.
Muzzafar

Postby Bobby Archer » Sun May 17, 2009 2:01 am

R3u wrote:* In One Page, the blue commander is the first to order the siege continue. Either this is a brave move by a commander with few troops; or Blue works for Unaroyal (and thus, has the troops to make a siege happen). Both are possible.

As Muzzafar points out, the blue warlord also notes that the coalition lost 40 percent of its siege (the towers and bears). All this suggests is that whichever side blue is has most of the Coalition's siege. It would make sense that, in Ansom's absence, the warlord with the most siege equipment takes charge of breaching the walls.

I think something that may be adding to the confusion is the definition of "siege units." Although the RCC's plan is to besiege the city of Gobwin Knob, the "siege units" are those that are most important in the siege portion of the attack (surrounding the city and breaching the city walls). The battle bears and siege towers are the most important units for this, without them the RCC cannot breach the walls. That's why Parson tried to surgically destroy them.

Also, the coalition make-up Parson gets in his Stupid Meal comes after the attack on the siege. If Hobbittm had most of the RCC's siege, their numbers would have dropped sharply. They could have had a greater number of troops at the beginning of the campaign, which would have put them above FoxMUD. Add in the importance of siege, and it wouldn't be surprising to find the leader of a fairly small contingent of troops on the war council.

Just some thoughts to further complicate matters. And now I wait for the word "siege" to start looking like a real word again...
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby The Old Hack » Sun May 17, 2009 3:52 am

Bobby Archer wrote:Just some thoughts to further complicate matters. And now I wait for the word "siege" to start looking like a real word again...

::casts Translatamancy on 'siege':: ::sparkles clear, leaving 'seat' ::

There you go! :)
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Bobby Archer » Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Muzzafar wrote:1. We do not know if the numbers mean unit count. They might mean some sort of unit value (where some units are equal to more than 1). For example, Charlescomm lists 15, although we only saw the 3 Archons when Charlie was allied with Jetstone.

Just had a thought related to this: just because we only saw Charlie actively using 3 archons doesn't mean he hadn't committed more to the RCC. He brought a decent number of units into Gobwin Knob's airspace when he was acting on his own. Who's to say he hadn't been moving other archons closer to the battlespace the whole time? The three archons we saw for a while might just have been those that were close enough to Gobwin Knob to reach Jillian on the first turn after the alliance.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby Muzzafar » Fri May 22, 2009 6:36 am

The more I think about it the more I lean to the idea that either Scarlet or Maya Angeblue is from Sofa King along with Duke Nozzle.

It now seems very unlikely to me that either Scarlet or Maya can represent Hobbittm:
1. Look at the numbers in the Coalition and then at the comic. There are about the same number of infantry in blue livery and orange livery in the comic. How can some of them represent Unaroyal (1714 units) and the others - Hobbittm (141 units)?
2. It is very likely that Foxmud (that gave 208 units) was not represented at the war council. How likely is it that Hobbittm (with 141 units) was represented?
3. None of the units seemed to have had the same livery as Duke Nozzle. Who or what are the 980 units from Sofa King beside him?

Based on that I figure out one of the girls is from Sofa King together with Duke Nozzle. (Otherwise it does not reconcile with numbers.) We already saw that a Chief Warlord can wear different colors than his infantry and warlords (e.g. Ansom, Sir Webinar and Jetstone infantry). Perhaps Duke Nozzle is a Chief Warlord and either Scarlet or Maya is a high level Warlord (similar to Webinar).
Muzzafar

Postby Darkside007 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:43 am

Why wouldn't the smaller groups have membership in the council? They're as independent as the larger sides.
Darkside007

Postby The Old Hack » Fri May 22, 2009 8:38 am

Darkside007 wrote:Why wouldn't the smaller groups have membership in the council? They're as independent as the larger sides.

Indeed. If anything, participation in the council might be based on whether the side has contributed any Warlords or Royals. Given the status-consciousness of old Ansom, it would be extremely rude to exclude any Warlord and unthinkable to exclude a Royal. It would barely be understandable that a side would not be represented if it only contributed lower rank units and common troops, and even then it might be simply that its representative for social reasons preferred to stand in the background and not speak up in such a much higher ranked company.
The Old Hack

Postby InInUrForumz » Fri May 22, 2009 8:41 am

The Old Hack wrote:
Darkside007 wrote:Why wouldn't the smaller groups have membership in the council? They're as independent as the larger sides.

Indeed. If anything, participation in the council might be based on whether the side has contributed any Warlords or Royals. Given the status-consciousness of old Ansom, it would be extremely rude to exclude any Warlord and unthinkable to exclude a Royal. It would barely be understandable that a side would not be represented if it only contributed lower rank units and common troops, and even then it might be simply that its representative for social reasons preferred to stand in the background and not speak up in such a much higher ranked company.

A point very well made. After all, Transylvito was the smallest single group in the coalition (except for Charlie's mercenaries), and Vinny was in on leadership decisions. Part of that may have been because he was a friend of Ansom's before the campaign started, but still, it sets a precedent for smaller groups having a voice.
InInUrForumz

Return to Everything Else Erfworld