Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Adreena steps up to the rope and aims a spear thrust at the Taker. She will try to avoid it's [sic] direct gaze. [ 5 ] The spear thrust misses - the Taker is far too agile to be caught like that…

Adreena yells: "Count, Raveesh, Sing...will one of you light the damn rope ! " [ 5 ] Adreena succeeds in convincing Raveesh to light the rope…

Sing casts Invisibility and explores the area, trying to determine why he's lower than he should be. [ 12 ] Successful cast! Sing starts walking up the stairs back towards where he had been standing…

If the Taker hasn't crossed the gate, then Craven will attempt to close the gate in order to separate the Taker from the group. If the gate opens inwards towards the group, Craven will then use his shield to lean on the gate in order to keep it shut. {The Taker has not crossed the gate, and Craven starts pushing it closed, but notices that Adreena has laid the rope line behind the gate. Craven changes his mind, and makes an opportunity attack on the Taker…} [ 2 ] Hit! Craven strikes the beast, aided by Adreena distracting attack…

The taker takes a toughness check… [ 5 ] Pass! Craven's blow slides off the creature's slick scales…
Second attack! [ 12 ] Fail! Craven's second attack missess…

Toothry will triple cast Daze at the Taker, hoping to slow it. [ 1 ] Cast successful! The Taker is Dazed, and cannot make any attacks for three turns… Toothry has to look at the Taker to cast, however, and is in turn dazed by the hypnotic gaze of the vile fiend…
Raveesh, following orders from Adreena, throws his lamp around the corner to set the rope alight. [ 1 ] Critical success! Raveesh can sure throw a lamp, and it smashes at just the right place, igniting the oil drenched rope. With a happy "whoosh".

Wildthwing, lying unconcious, and having been dragged over the oil drenched rop last phase, has a trail of oil running from his back to the now alight rope. The flames dash along this line, and whoosh! Wildthwing is now on fire. Wildthwing has to take a toughness test... [ 14 ] Fail! Wildthwing is cwoaked.

Character Stats
Spoiler: show
Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
Race: Human Profession: Healer
STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
Armour: Light Armour
Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
Funds in hand: 95

Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
Armour: Light Armour, Heavy Shield
Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
Funds in hand: 80

Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
Race: Elf Profession: Caster
STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
Armour: None
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
Funds in hand: 0

Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
Race: Human Profession: Scout
STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

Weapons: Dagger, 1 Hunting Spear, Crossbow (14 bolts), Atatl
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, Spade.
Funds in hand: 125

Name: Craven [Swodaems]
Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
Funds in hand: 200

Name: Toothry A'ah [Lipkin]
Race: Transylvito Profession: Caster
STR 4 DEX 2 INT 4 SPT 1
Agility 3 Craft 5 Fighting 5 Knowledge 10 Perception 6
Persuasion 2 Shooting 5 Speed 5 Stealth 2 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook
Armour: None
Special: Befriend: One person likes you for 5 minutes. He will help & defend you, but not do anything suicidal. He will remember afterwards what you did. If you attack him it breaks the spell; , Daze: Enemy cannot attack for 3 turns. He can still move & defend himself. Range 30'; Detect Enemy: Gives the location of the nearest creature who intends to harm the caster up to 60'; Terrify: Enemy must pass a Toughness skill check to attack caster. Lasts 3 rounds.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Gentleman's cane, Writing Set, Chalk, Cape.
Funds in hand: 0
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am

OOC LTD Dave, Why didn't Love Shack get to reduce Wildthwings status to wounded before the flames caught hold ?

His previous orders were :-
ETheBoyce wrote:Doctor Love Shack will heal Wildthwing if he comes in, or help pull him to safety if he's still standing around like a goof

/OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 am

Shack spent last phase pulling Wildthwing in. No orders at all this phase...

(WhirdCheese seems to have gone quiet, so I figured there was no great harm in cwoaking Wildthwing)
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 am

OOC/ So, now that I'm dazed, am I immobile? Or am I just not able to attack and cast? Also, is there a reason you are using "cwoaked" instead of "croaked?" Wanda is a Croakamancer, not a Cwoakamancer.

BIC/If he's able to do so, Toothry will beat a hasty retreat.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 am

Lipkin wrote:OOC/ So, now that I'm dazed, am I immobile? Or am I just not able to attack and cast? Also, is there a reason you are using "cwoaked" instead of "croaked?" Wanda is a Croakamancer, not a Cwoakamancer.

Not immobile, just can't attack.

And just because I think it sounds better.
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am

Team, are we going to run or fight?

If we choose to run, we might be able to finish this encounter with no more damage taken. The taker might decide to run anyway. (Either from the fire, or it may see no point in continuing after it eats Wildthing.)

If we're going to fight, our best bet is to have Adreena and Craven double team it. Toothry and Sing cast whatever spells they think will be most useful and Shack heals as needed. Alternatively, we could also try to defeat the taker via shenanigans like my 7 step plan. (1. Use our cloaks to smother Wildthing's burning corpse. 2. Loot the corpse for useful items. 3. cut off one of Wildthing's arms or legs. 4. tie one end of Wildthing's rope to his corpse and the other end to his grapple. 5. embed Wildthing's grapple in removed arm or leg. 6. Toss removed arm or leg to Taker and let the Taker eat it. 7. Toss Wildthing's corpse into shaft, thereby pulling the Taker to his doom.)

LTDave, Is my rope still attached to Wildthing? And how big is the Taker? I've been thinking of it as being similar in size to the basilisk from Harry Potter.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 am

OOC
Swodaems wrote:Team, are we going to run or fight?

If we choose to run, we might be able to finish this encounter with no more damage taken. The taker might decide to run anyway. (Either from the fire, or it may see no point in continuing after it eats Wildthing.)

If we're going to fight, our best bet is to have Adreena and Craven double team it. Toothry and Sing cast whatever spells they think will be most useful and Shack heals as needed. Alternatively, we could also try to defeat the taker via shenanigans like my 7 step plan. (1. Use our cloaks to smother Wildthing's burning corpse. 2. Loot the corpse for useful items. 3. cut off one of Wildthing's arms or legs. 4. tie one end of Wildthing's rope to his corpse and the other end to his grapple. 5. embed Wildthing's grapple in removed arm or leg. 6. Toss removed arm or leg to Taker and let the Taker eat it. 7. Toss Wildthing's corpse into shaft, thereby pulling the Taker to his doom.)

LTDave, Is my rope still attached to Wildthing? And how big is the Taker? I've been thinking of it as being similar in size to the basilisk from Harry Potter.

Nice plan as long as the Taker is big enough to swallow the grappling hook...otherwise all you're going to do is rip it's meal from it's gaping maw.

I had a much simpler plan of using my spade to flick the burning rope around the Taker rather like a "township necklace"
or of course we could be quite black-hearted and use Wildthwings burning corpse :twisted:

:? :cry: Sorry Whirdcheese /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Lipkin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 pm

OOC/ Is the Taker's daze a passive ability? Or is it safe to look at now that it is also dazed?
Lipkin

Postby LTDave » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:25 am

Swodaems wrote:

1. Yes.
2. About the same size as an Adder. No, not as big as a basilisk. Call ita a largish Cobra.

Lipkin wrote:OOC/ Is the Taker's daze a passive ability? Or is it safe to look at now that it is also dazed?

Someone would have to look to find out...
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am

OOC/ The size of a cobra? We've been running from a snake the size of cobra?! Sheesh. Would it count as an attack if I were to pick it up and put it in a bag? You said I can't attack, but can I still cast? Could I use befriend?
Lipkin

Postby Swodaems » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:54 am

Hopefully the Taker's small size will make it fearful of the burning rope.

Looks like I need to reclaim my rope from Wildthing's burning corpse. I'm pretty sure the other end of it is still in my pack.

If the fire on Wildthing is easily smothered, Craven will simply smother the fire with a cape, cloak, or bedroll. If it can't be smothered, then Craven will either, A: untie his rope from Wildthing (if safely possible), or B: use his sword to cut off as little of the rope as needed.

If Craven can still act after doing the above and it is possible to attack the taker without risk of setting himself alight, then Craven will make another attempt to hit the taker with his sword.

We should figure out how to divvy up Wildthing's gear. His hammer, pick, and grapple are unique pieces of equipment that might come in handy later on. He had a 2 handed battle axe and a 1 handed axe for weapons. If his armour is still useable, Sing or Toothry could use it, seeing as they have no armour. I'm thinking that the heavy shield should go to either Craven or Adreena, and whoever gets it passes their current shield on to someone else. (Adreena's shield isn't listed as light or heavy.)

LTDave, does a heavy shield restrict movement at all?
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 am

Swodaems wrote:Hopefully the Taker's small size will make it fearful of the burning rope.

Looks like I need to reclaim my rope from Wildthing's burning corpse. I'm pretty sure the other end of it is still in my pack.

If the fire on Wildthing is easily smothered, Craven will simply smother the fire with a cape, cloak, or bedroll. If it can't be smothered, then Craven will either, A: untie his rope from Wildthing (if safely possible), or B: use his sword to cut off as little of the rope as needed.

If Craven can still act after doing the above and it is possible to attack the taker without risk of setting himself alight, then Craven will make another attempt to hit the taker with his sword.

We should figure out how to divvy up Wildthing's gear. His hammer, pick, and grapple are unique pieces of equipment that might come in handy later on. He had a 2 handed battle axe and a 1 handed axe for weapons. If his armour is still useable, Sing or Toothry could use it, seeing as they have no armour. I'm thinking that the heavy shield should go to either Craven or Adreena, and whoever gets it passes their current shield on to someone else. (Adreena's shield isn't listed as light or heavy.)

LTDave, does a heavy shield restrict movement at all?

Adreena is ALREADY overencumbered. And her shield should be light, Wildthwing got the heavy shield.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 am

Lipkin wrote:OOC/ The size of a cobra? We've been running from a snake the size of cobra?! Sheesh. Would it count as an attack if I were to pick it up and put it in a bag? You said I can't attack, but can I still cast? Could I use befriend?

Pick it up? Counts as an attack. And are you agile enough to pick up a Taker?

Can you cast? Defensive spells only.

Swodaems wrote:LTDave, does a heavy shield restrict movement at all?

Not so you'd notice.
LTDave

Previous

Return to Your Games