Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 02 – Jack Decrypted

Postby Aster Azul » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 am

Wow, I am kinda tripped out. So creepy.
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
Aster Azul

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

Rob Balder you mad genius I love you! This is amazing and I cannot wait for The next updates!

I love that he calls her Sister Wanda. Think about it FAQ was a kingdom run by a small man trying to achieve a big dream. Now we have Parson on a path to do the same thing on a much bigger scale. He will bring peace to Erf through war. And here we have two of Banhammer's old court here with him. I think that bring an interesting undertone to the whole thing. Furthermore, it hints at what I fully expect to be an amazing interaction between two fascinating characters.

Does she not care what he calls her because knowing about Charlie's contract is more important? Or because it is Jack Snipe and of all the beings she has decrypted she needs him to be more than just another worshipper? I'm sure if she came down on his personality right now when his "re-aligning" is fresh she could have a serious effect. But she doesn't. That's pleasing.

and what a fascinating look into Jack's mind and decrypting. Amzing update.
Last edited by Mikalyaran on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:25 am

His eyes are blue now, not pink. Do you think he is cured of his brain damage?

Edit* That is to say, that these feelings aren't the pliers, but how he actually felt about her before the trimancer link ruined his brain?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby badninja » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 am

So this is why Wanda and Jack have not told Parson about Charlie, they could not. No wonder Charlie wanted a decrypted he needed to know what they could talk about now as "new" units with their memories. Things just got very interesting and Charlie is going to be in some serious trouble.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby GKBeetle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 am

These audio updates are really quite nice. I like them.

What kind of contract has Jack Snipe had with Charlie? Hmm... This makes me hope for a new Book 0 update soon.
GKBeetle

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 am

What do you suppose Jack meant by thinking that he was on a different "plane" beneath the "visual"? Do you think he is some sort of ghost? An insight into how Decryption and maybe Croackamancy actually work?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 am

Hmmmmm interesting!
I love this different way Jack has of seeing Wanda....she's Sister instead of Mistress to him! Interesting that'd he'd be different, and it alludes back to the FAQ tradition of addressing casters. I like it.
As for Charlie....that makes me suspicious. I'm reading it as suggesting Jack had a deal with Charlie that involved some service which Charlie can no longer call upon. Time will tell I guess.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby teratorn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:32 am

The mention of not so lovely Wanda puts it at the time they fought Olive. So Jack had probably agreed to something similar to the battle calculations Parson needs to provide to Charlie.
teratorn

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:33 am

badninja wrote:So this is why Wanda and Jack have not told Parson about Charlie, they could not. No wonder Charlie wanted a decrypted he needed to know what they could talk about now as "new" units with their memories. Things just got very interesting and Charlie is going to be in some serious trouble.

And he will know it as well. He did get his Archon right? Or will at least since Jetstone badly needs that payment. So once he turns her, and realizes Jack has been de-crypted, he will know that Parson knows.
Mikalyaran

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 am

Unrelated to the plot, I have to say I'm not at all a fan of the 'Pliers in this new art style. They're actually normal sized in relation to Wanda, as opposed to the oversized proportions they always have been.
Mikalyaran wrote:And he will know it as well. He did get his Archon right?
Yeah he doesn't have it yet because Jetstone had it in captivity and they're fleeing to Jetstone city. I imagine he'll send Archons to pick it up next turn.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 am

Now we know why Jack had such a wicked smile in the last panel of book 2. He hasn't gotten to tell Parson yet. But soon not only will Parons know but the Thinkamancer's as well. That gives them a little jump on Charlie.
Mikalyaran

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:41 am

Nevermind, I take back my earlier point after re-reading. It definitely seems like Jack and Wanda are talking about a Non-Disclosure Agreement
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby memnarch » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:42 am

The art seems to be still improving! I think the brown unit in the second picture is the best one yet. The guy to the right of him still looks like he smells something bad though. :P

Jack looks very nice in the second picture, but his nose doesn't seem to maintain size between the two.

On the archonpliers, they can be resized just like any other magic item, but they do seem a bit small here still.
memnarch
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am

memnarch wrote:On the archonpliers, they can be resized just like any other magic item, but they do seem a bit small here still.
Yeah, Wanda has always kept them a size that (to us Earthlings) seems too big, so I assumed that was the appropriate size, and it's odd to see them be smaller.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 am

0beron wrote:
memnarch wrote:On the archonpliers, they can be resized just like any other magic item, but they do seem a bit small here still.
Yeah, Wanda has always kept them a size that (to us Earthlings) seems too big, so I assumed that was the appropriate size, and it's odd to see them be smaller.

Its tight quarters. And I hope we get Ace next if the POV decryptions continue. That would be pretty sweet.
Last edited by Mikalyaran on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikalyaran

Postby starwoof » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:50 am

Woah! That Wanda/Jack are under an NDA with Charlie is a big reveal. Maybe this has something to do with Wanda and Jack being on GK's side. I want to think that maybe Jillian knows something about this cause she's from FAQ too, but my gut tells me no.

memnarch wrote:The art seems to be still improving!

Are we looking at the same thing? I don't think the art is up to par.
starwoof

Postby kukn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:56 am

Intruiging.

Aside from that though, I hope the artist will improve a lot and quickly - for the sake of Erfworld, which deserves more. This update's art looks very amateur and esp. Wanda looks rather gross even with the weird non-skin and plastic proportions (nevermind the awful outfit, but that's a design thing and I don't think much of Wanda's wardrobe style in general, too much skin and no beauty - personal opinion).
Please wait, thinking...
kukn

Postby Noigel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 am

So if Jack had his contract/NDA lifted upon death... the other implication is that Wanda is still under hers. She probably still can't speak about it. After Parson learns of this I bet he chums for what other secrets his allies are bound up in.
Noigel

Postby shamelessmerc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

WHAM!

I did NOT see that coming!

Rob, I love your plotting so much! The number of times you have just taken my breath away like that over the last few months.
shamelessmerc

Next

Return to Reactions