Twibes of Erfworld

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Twibes of Erfworld

Postby LTDave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 am

Twibes of Erfworld
Erfworld Empires IX – by LTDave

The Old One croaked in the night.
Finally.
The last dozen turns had been really hard on everybody. All that coughing and complaining and the crazy orders.
Now it is your chance to show what you can do. You are the new ruler of the twibe. You are the leader they need – the Titans’ choice for thisturn.

Twibes of Erfworld is a play by PM game. Players will interact with the GM and each other via Private Messages. There will be some interaction on the forum thread. Like most LTDave games, the bulk of the rules are hidden (or non-existent). If you can dream it and have the resources for it, you can probably do it. It’s a bit like the Marbit Island series, except more competition than cooperation. There are some obvious things, however:
There are three main resources: Food – Materials – Schmuckers
Your people eat food – if they don’t, they die. They make stuff out of Materials. They upgrade and pay maintenance using Schmuckers. Food is gathered, hunted, or farmed. Materials are cut from trees or mined out of the ground. Schmuckers are… well, earned. In a variety of ways.
Up to nine structures can be built in a hex. Each tribe will start with Tents (that provide shelter and produce new people) and a Workshop (that turns Materials into Tools and other items).
Once a hex is explored / scouted, it will remain visible to the player. If another player moves into a hex you have previously scouted, you will know about it – though you may not know exactly what is there.
There will be at least one turn per week, and many more turns in the early rounds.

Time to make some decisions (this information can be posted on the forum):
What is your twibe’s name and kind/race/species?
What is your twibe’s colour(s) and symbol?
What is your ruler’s name?
What is your twibes story? How did you come to this place?
What are your twibe’s base stats? (10 points to distribute between Combat, Defence, Hits, and Move, with at least one point in each)

That’s enough to get started. I would like at least three players, and can probably handle up to five. Sweeping Dwagon will continue as normal, so no worries there.
Cheers
LTDave

Re: Twibes of Erfworld

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:30 am

No time for long post, but I'm interested. Will edit later.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 am

What is your twibe’s name and kind/race/species? The Cwafters, Gnomes
What is your twibe’s colour(s) and symbol? A wagon wheel, brown
What is your ruler’s name? Chief Builder
What is your twibes story? How did you come to this place? The Crafters are a funny tribe. They prefer to build things, and trade those things with other tribes. Largely pacifists they only fight when they can't leave hex. They would up where they currently are due to some issues with another larger tribe deciding they wanted everything the builders had for free. The builders were forced to abandon their equipment, and start over.
What are your twibe’s base stats? (10 points to distribute between Combat, Defence, Hits, and Move, with at least one point in each) 1 Combat, 3 Defense, 3 Hits, 3 Move.
Last edited by understandslittle on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50 am

I'll give one of these a shot - not sure how much time I'll have though. :P

Twibe B.G.s - Boogie-woogie-men. An offshoot of the Boogymen, Boogie-woogie-men are a species of short, men-like creatures with large, frizzy hair and a knack for staying alive. They're small, but that just helps them get down.

Red, Orange, Blue and Green. The symbol is a disco ball over a field of like-coloured disco tiles.

His Bootylicious the Funklord Beat Box.

The Dance-Dance Revolution was swiftly ended - Beat Box and his brigade of Backup Lancers were upstaged by the lord Bogey, and exiled from the Bedroom Forest. No longer would Beat Box frighten Gobwins for a living. He and his spin-off had fought for their right to party, and they were determined to do so every day. The Funklord led his ensemble through the desert, emerging in this new land. Finally, the Boogie-woogie-men could dance their nights away.

(I tried my best, there wasn't much to work off.)

What are your twibe’s base stats? (10 points to distribute between Combat, Defence, Hits, and Move, with at least one point in each)
Hits: 2
Combat: 2
Defence: 1
Move: 5
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby LTDave » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 am

Two turns processed for two players. I have room for more...
LTDave

Postby understandslittle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 pm

You know you're in deep water when every single unit has (Starving!) next to their name.
understandslittle

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry for taking so long, but was trying to settle on the twibe I wanted. I had wanted to do a crafting twibe, but Understandslittle beat me to it, and I don't want to copy him too much.

And so:
What is your twibe’s name and kind/race/species? The Huuns, a race of half horse half man units.
What is your twibe’s colour(s) and symbol? A tun, white on black.
What is your ruler’s name? Khan
What is your twibes story? How did you come to this place? The Huuns are a varied race with many twibes spread around, but all fight and bicker with one another. All of the posturing leaves each twibe too weak to do anything of true consequence. Khan plans on changing that. He has removed his twibe somewhat from the others, planning to gather strength, conquering other, lesser twibes, and then return to sweep up his brother twibes, and from there, perhaps even entire sides!
What are your twibe’s base stats? (10 points to distribute between Combat, Defence, Hits, and Move, with at least one point in each)4/2/2/2 (I know, move should be higher, but I just wanted a combat focused twibe, and just got through a game of Civ V as the Huns ;P)
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 am

I'll process in the next 12 hours or so - any more sign ups?

[3 sets of orders processed. Also: FIRST BLOOD!]
LTDave

Postby understandslittle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am

Damn starvation.

I haven't actually done any crafting yet. Too busy trying to set up food sources.
understandslittle

Postby Deo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 am

Well, if sign ups are still open, then here is my tribe.

Clanna Dedad. Cwuthin, Strong and thick-skinned, but slow, giants.

Red, and Yellow. A shield covering a fortress.

Deda Mac.

Clanna Dedad sailed a crossed a great ocean from their ancestral homelands leaving behind a great war for supremacy between their kinsmen. In this new land they hope to make a new home free from the strife of brother against brother that had enveloped the old world they left behind. They knew this new land might be harsh at first, but hopefully with unity between members of the Clanna they overcome the trials of these savage wilds and build a kingdom that would be the envy of those they had left behind.

2. 3. 4. 1. (Lets hope that move doesn't come back to bite me in the rear).

Figured i would try a tribe with a different stat setup then those currently in play and see where that gets me. Hopefully, we don't all starve to death from super slow hunters :(
Last edited by Deo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 am

Cool cool. Welcome to Games.

I'll process in about 12 hours.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:31 am

What is your twibe’s name and kind/race/species? The Sons of Howus
What is your twibe’s colour(s) and symbol? Black and gold. Symbol is a stylized eye in the center of a gold 8 pointed star on a black background.
What is your ruler’s name? Lord Abbadabba
What is your twibes story? How did you come to this place? Thousands of turns ago, the Titan that walks, the Emprah himself, created 20 perfect Warlords. 20 brothers that were truly fit to rule, even more fitter than Royals. Howus was the greatest of these. Inevitably, the brothers quarreled, and warred. Most of them, and the Emprah were croaked. Howus was mortally wounded by a blade which was ensorcelled with a foul Flower Power/Weirdomancy poison. Due to his super-Erfian stamina, Howus was able to survive for hundreds of turns despite the poison, but inevitably he succumbed. He ceded his tribe to his chosen heir, Lord Abbadabba. Abbadabba has decided it's time for the Sons of Howus to take their rightful place as the rulers of Erfworld.
What are your twibe’s base stats? Combat 3, Defense 3, Hits 3, move 1. The Sons of Howus are hearty and tough, excellent warriors with spear, blade and axe. They wear heavy, black plated armor that can turn all but the toughest blows. The downside is that this armor slows them down, making maneuvering difficult.
GWvsJohn

Postby Acorntail » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

All these 1-2 move races - the boogie-woogie men will run circles around you all!
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:37 pm

3move. Anything more and it would get to non-combat oriented, any less would be to slow.
understandslittle

Postby Deo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 pm

We had a extreme movement tribe, a very high combat tribe, and a somewhat high defense/movement tribe with a lack of combat ability when i made mine.

Figured i would try to make a tribe as different as i could, hardy, defensive, and slow with a decent punch.
Deo

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Game is full for the moment - five players.

I'm processing orders and sending them out. No battlespace conflicts yet...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Just as a heads up for everyone - I'm getting rid of autofeeding - if you want your twibe to eat, you need to order them to do so.

If you don't order it, they'll starve and cwoak.

Cheers!
LTDave

Postby Deo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:53 pm

"Can i eat now m'lord?"

Heh. Well that should be interesting.
Deo

Postby LTDave » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:07 am

A slot has opened if there are any lurkers who would like to start a twibe.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

Dun dun dun!
LTDave

Next

Return to Your Games