Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby balder » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 pm

New One is up.
User avatar
balder
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby M.A.D » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Ace looks like a thug who's also happen to be second-in-command of a mafia mob boss, it's awesome!!!
Last edited by M.A.D on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.A.D
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lamech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Pretty cool to see how Ace thinks. Also either the art is growing on me or improving quickly. Either way, the arts gonna turn out great. :)
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Awwww drat, Ace isn't nearly as sad about "losing" Cubbins as I was hoping :(
Otherwise cool/interesting update. Nice to see our suspicions that Ace+Parson will equal awesome toys has been teasingly "confirmed'
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby splintermute » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 pm

0beron wrote:Nice to see our suspicions that Ace+Parson will equal awesome toys has been teasingly "confirmed'


Yes, although neither decrypted caster has actually cast anything yet - imagine how devastating it would be if they find out they can't.
splintermute
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:53 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby M.A.D » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

splintermute wrote:
0beron wrote:Nice to see our suspicions that Ace+Parson will equal awesome toys has been teasingly "confirmed'


Yes, although neither decrypted caster has actually cast anything yet - imagine how devastating it would be if they find out they can't.


The fact that Ace was checking Hamster's hardware means that he intends to do something about it, right? Which also means that he knew he can do something about it, supposedly. My guess, they can cast, but they can't level up any more.

0beron wrote:Awwww drat, Ace isn't nearly as sad about "losing" Cubbins as I was hoping :(
Otherwise cool/interesting update. Nice to see our suspicions that Ace+Parson will equal awesome toys has been teasingly "confirmed'


Well, dude's gotta stay optimistic. The fact that he at least take issues with standing on the opposite side of Cubbin's is really pleasing enough for me. Ansom didn't even remember that loved Zillian.

Lamech wrote:Pretty cool to see how Ace thinks. Also either the art is growing on me or improving quickly. Either way, the arts gonna turn out great. :)


Hehe, I feel the same. Frankly, the art still looks a bit squiggly to me, sort of lacking the realistic precision and minute details of Xin's, especially in the background. But I'm coming to like it more :D
M.A.D
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:26 pm

M.A.D wrote:
splintermute wrote:
0beron wrote:Nice to see our suspicions that Ace+Parson will equal awesome toys has been teasingly "confirmed'
Yes, although neither decrypted caster has actually cast anything yet - imagine how devastating it would be if they find out they can't.
The fact that Ace was checking Hamster's hardware means that he intends to do something about it, right? Which also means that he knew he can do something about it, supposedly. My guess, they can cast, but they can't level up any more.
Sylvia was able to level even while decrypted, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's unlikely.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah, I knew Ace & Parson would get along.

As I hear more of the voice-overs and how Arthur's making each change in POV unique, they're growing on me. I wouldn't want to listen to all of Book 0 as narrated by Artemis, is all.

I wonder if Elphaba is going to become a major character? We've seen her as early as the end of Book 1 (far right, next to the white pillar), and she's been in a few backgrounds of Book 2 (like here: bottom left corner)... is she going to be the next round's Janis? Minor character who gets fleshed out into a major player and one of the people who orchestrated the whole thing? :D
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
User avatar
No one in particular
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Nowhere Atoll

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby M.A.D » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:Sylvia was able to level even while decrypted, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's unlikely.


Ooh, right. I forgot what she did. Hmm.. Now it gets harder to speculate, then. I originally thought it'd be ok to have some sort of a limitation as a Decrypted. Normally, Uncroaked casters function as an infantry unit, right? Anyone can tell me whether an an uncroacked unit can level up?
M.A.D
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Awesome update. I wonder if our green skinned caster might have anything to do with Bell and Blair from book zero. At the very least we can guess shes from the area they came from originally. But since she is so wicked witchy I wouldn't be surprised if there was something more to her in the long run.
User avatar
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Gregoriownd » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:42 pm

No one in particular wrote:I wonder if Elphaba is going to become a major character? We've seen her as early as the end of Book 1 (far right, next to the white pillar), and she's been in a few backgrounds of Book 2 (like here: bottom left corner)... is she going to be the next round's Janis? Minor character who gets fleshed out into a major player and one of the people who orchestrated the whole thing? :D


Didn't the caster sisters that opposed Charlie in the events leading to book 0 have green skin, and... well, basically look like the wicked witches from Oz? Much as that caster does? Call me paranoid, but this could very well be one of them (we only know that ONE is dead, not both, as far as I remember.) Even if its not, possibly a relation to them? Either way, this could be some very bad mojo for someone involved.
Gregoriownd
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 pm

M.A.D wrote:
Sir Shadow wrote:Sylvia was able to level even while decrypted, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's unlikely.


Ooh, right. I forgot what she did. Hmm.. Now it gets harder to speculate, then. I originally thought it'd be ok to have some sort of a limitation as a Decrypted. Normally, Uncroaked casters function as an infantry unit, right? Anyone can tell me whether an an uncroacked unit can level up?


Book 1, page 55, panel 9:
Stanley the Tool: Why would you do that? Your warlords won't level up!
Parson Gotti: Why would you care about levelling warlords that're gonna fall apart?

It's not stated explicitly that the uncroaked can level, but it sounds like Stanley assumes they can. Whether that's because they can or it's just Stanley being a dummkopf and forgetting the "uncroaked" part... *shrugs*
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
User avatar
No one in particular
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Nowhere Atoll

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Echoing other people, I think the Wicked Witch being there is important. She must at least be from the same tribe, and it's possible that she is indeed one of the sisters.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lamech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

M.A.D wrote:Ooh, right. I forgot what she did. Hmm.. Now it gets harder to speculate, then. I originally thought it'd be ok to have some sort of a limitation as a Decrypted.
The limitation is you need to have a Tool who wields the Pliers.
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby mortissimus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:20 pm

0beron wrote:Echoing other people, I think the Wicked Witch being there is important. She must at least be from the same tribe, and it's possible that she is indeed one of the sisters.


Yes to important. But wasn't both Bell and Blair croaked by Judy. With a house and, um, a bucket of water?
mortissimus
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby atalex » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Interesting that Ace immediately fixates on Parson but hasn't said a word about Wanda. Even Jack seemed to have a moment of "should I treat Wanda as a goddess now?" before settling into the more egalitarian "Sister Wanda" relationship. I think Ace is the first Decrypted we've seen who seems to be in awe of Parson rather than baffled by him.

EDIT: Whoops. Missed that one reference to "the Mistress," but the larger point still stands.
Last edited by atalex on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atalex
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lipkin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm

atalex wrote:Interesting that Ace immediately fixates on Parson but hasn't said a word about Wanda. Even Jack seemed to have a moment of "should I treat Wanda as a goddess now?" before settling into the more egalitarian "Sister Wanda" relationship. I think Ace is the first Decrypted we've seen who seems to be in awe of Parson rather than baffled by him.

The first we see of Ace is also after he is first decrypted. He probably had his moment of fawning over Wanda upon his r-epopping just as everyone else did, but if we just kept seeing the decrypted react that way, it would be a boring bunch of updates. So I figure we'll keep getting epilogues that slowing fill in the journey to the Thinkamancer's temple, and Book 3 will start when they get there. It's been cool to start with the new Decrypted, but I think we'll probably get a peak into the brains of Sizemore, Maggie, Janice, maybe Isaac, and finally Parson before it's done.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm

mortissimus wrote:But wasn't both Bell and Blair croaked by Judy?

Bell was croaked immediately when Judy was summoned, Blair was "destroyed" by Judy. To me that would imply croaked, although Wanda may be mistaken. It does say that Judy used the 'Shoes to infiltrate the city to get to Blair, meaning she was the only witness. Blair could have tricked her, and escaped to the MK rather than being truly croaked.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Xarx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 pm

It's interesting that Ace thinks the battle in the throne room might have gone differently if the wall hadn't fallen. Of course, he could be wrong, but maybe this is Rob's way of telling us that Jack's sacrifice wasn't completely pointless.
Xarx
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 pm

mortissimus wrote:
0beron wrote:Echoing other people, I think the Wicked Witch being there is important. She must at least be from the same tribe, and it's possible that she is indeed one of the sisters.


Yes to important. But wasn't both Bell and Blair croaked by Judy. With a house and, um, a bucket of water?

Actual details are sketchy, plus this is not narration, but testimony offered by Wanda, so make of it what you will...
IPTSF Text 66 wrote:“Their spell was a success. In fact, Bell of Easteros was croaked on the spot as an immediate effect of the summoning process. The warlord they called to their aid was Judy Gale.”
[...]
“The Warlady Gale acquired the Arkenshoes from Bell’s body, and over a period of several turns she attuned to them. She then used them to infiltrate Westeregg and destroy Blair, capturing the Arkendish and returning it to The Wizard, as per their terms of alliance.”

Still, no reason why she can't be related. Ooh, she could be Bell & Blair's mother! She remembers what happened the LAST time someone "Summoned Perfect Warlord"-ed, and is understandably curious & freaked out about what's going to happen this time.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
User avatar
No one in particular
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Nowhere Atoll

Next

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Godzfirefly, ysath and 9 guests

cron