Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Hehehe, kind beat you to it No-One, but actually you make an additional point. Given that Bell croaking presumably had many witnesses, that would be harder to lie about, and Judy did get the 'Shoes from it. But the story of Blair being destroyed is now twice removed from the actual event. First Judy could have lied about it or been fooled, then Wanda is relaying it again. It's a long game of Telephone.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby crex90 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Love Ace, looking forward to seeing what he and Parson can do together. Provided decrypted casters can still cast (Las Vegas odds say 'yes', but of course, it's not confirmed).

Also looking forward to seeing the "Sizemore Update". Poor guy. This whole situation is probably not helping his Magic Kingdom cred much, and I think his "unwilling pacifist drawn into conflict for the greater good" storyline is a lot more compelling than Jannis's.

Side note: Does anyone remember if Stanley kept any Archons in reserve at Gobwin Knob? I can't figure out if he's still doing the scout -> tame -> repeat plan to bulk up his draconic forces, and that may become important with most of his other tactical assets half the world away in his new/temporary (?) capital and/or the Magic Kingdom. Although I suppose his other cities are churning out troops, too, so it's not like he's entirely undefended.
"You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way." - Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
"All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." - Orson Scott Card, Children of the Mind
crex90
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:50 pm

If Blair did survive, that raises a really interesting situation... multiple people attuned to the same 'Tool.

We know Charlie is attuned to the 'Dish. (or at least, are totally willing to believe it)
We know Blair was attuned to the 'Dish. (IPTSF 66, Wanda says "... each was in possession of an Arkentool. And each was attuned." and "... destroy Blair, capturing the Arkendish and returning it to The Wizard...")

Does this lessen Stanley's Toolist message, by showing that Attuning, though rare, is NOT the ultimate blessing of the Titans after all?
Will this get Blair to join with Parson, so she can get the 'Dish back from Charlie?
Will this get Blair to join Charlie, so she can be with the 'Dish again?
Can they attune at the same time, and if so, will that divide the power between them or multiply it?
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby fjolnir » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Ace calls Wanda "Mistress" in his head, he's had enough time to get used to being decrypted so is fixating on his side to see what he can do.
fjolnir

Postby drachefly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm

crex90 wrote:Does anyone remember if Stanley kept any Archons in reserve at Gobwin Knob? I can't figure out if he's still doing the scout -> tame -> repeat plan to bulk up his draconic forces, and that may become important with most of his other tactical assets half the world away in his new/temporary (?) capital and/or the Magic Kingdom.

/me rends hair. No, they took them all to the front. I guess they needed them for making it seem like they had a huge column, which was an important bit of fake-out-ery.

Also, awe of Parson wasn't unique to Ace - Sylvia was also pretty focused on him, wasn't she?
drachefly

Postby Manic Oppressive » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

0beron wrote:
mortissimus wrote:But wasn't both Bell and Blair croaked by Judy?

Bell was croaked immediately when Judy was summoned, Blair was "destroyed" by Judy. To me that would imply croaked, although Wanda may be mistaken. It does say that Judy used the 'Shoes to infiltrate the city to get to Blair, meaning she was the only witness. Blair could have tricked her, and escaped to the MK rather than being truly croaked.

Hey, since we're on the Wizard of Oz theme, maybe Blair could survive as per Wicked's (the play, not the book) interpretation. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Manic Oppressive on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why yes, I do like Jillian. WHAT OF IT?
Manic Oppressive

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm

No one in particular wrote:If Blair did survive, that raises a really interesting situation... multiple people attuned to the same 'Tool.

Well this was already the case, because Judy attuned to the Shoes after taking them from Bell, and Charlie attuned after the 'Dish was taken from Blair. So we already know multiple people have attuned to the same tools over time.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 pm

0beron wrote:
No one in particular wrote:If Blair did survive, that raises a really interesting situation... multiple people attuned to the same 'Tool.

Well this was already the case, because Judy attuned to the Shoes after taking them from Bell, and Charlie attuned after the 'Dish was taken from Blair. So we already know multiple people have attuned to the same tools over time.

Allow me to clarify: multiple people who are still alive attuned to the same 'Tool.

The Summon Perfect Warlord spell croaked Bell before Judy got the 'Shoes. We've been passively assuming Blair was croaked before the 'Dish was given to Charlie. We haven't seen anyone else attuned to the 'Pliers, and they've been in the hands of Jetstone for a long time. We actually have no idea about the history of Stanley & the 'Hammer.

If nothing else, the nature of Erfworld lends itself to a "prize for croaking" economy rather than a "haggle and pay for" one. I, at least, have been making the assumption that the only time a Tool is passed on is when it's pried from the cold croaked hands of the last person who had it.
---
No one in particular

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 pm

And so, the bromance begins!

I shall now refer to Ace as a Bromancer type caster!
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby youngstormlord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 pm

"Ace Hardware could fix that." And all the fanbase went SQUEEEEE!
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 pm

No one in particular wrote:[Clarification]
Ooooooh I see. Well I think we can assume Attunement requires proximity, so technically speaking once Blair fled (assuming that's what happened) the 'Dish became free, so there weren't two people attuned at the same time. But yeah you're right, although I'm not sure this poses too much of a problem. Having two attunable wielders alive at once isn't really all that different than successive attunable wielders. Both result in the conclusion that there are multiple individuals Fate/Titans have picked to have a special mandate.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 pm

youngstormlord wrote:"Ace Hardware could fix that." And all the fanbase went SQUEEEEE!

That's going to be a tag-line for many situations.

"The Chief Warlord looked lonely that night by the camp fire. Ace Hardware could fix that."

"Chief Parson seemed to think of only females for a certain kind of companionship. Ace Hardware could fix that."

"His Chief was filled with obvious passion and lust that was unreturned by the new warlady. Ace Hardware could fix that."
bladestorm

Postby Sixty » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm

I am LOVING the new speed of these epilogue updates. Bravo. Also very pumped to see Ace gonna totally start making some awesome stuff. Maybe Parson will give him a couple twolls to help him speed up the small object crafting bits and gathering of materials he needs. A whole R&D team.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby auraseer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Ace is checking out Parson's gear, and has plans to improve all his accessories. Who's got guesses on what he will be able to do with the bracer?

I've got no idea what Mathamancy plus Dollamancy is going to look like, but I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
auraseer

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

auraseer wrote:Ace is checking out Parson's gear, and has plans to improve all his accessories. Who's got guesses on what he will be able to do with the bracer?
If it's anything like most games, you can't further enchant an artifact. He'll be able to add cool effects to his non-enchanted gear, but the bracer is probably already as good as it's gonna get (which is good, since it's already game-breaking).
MarbitChow

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 pm

The quality of the art took a huge leap forward with this update. This is what I was expecting after seeing the Erfabet panels. If David makes the usual improvements a full time web comic artist makes in the next few months, we should be in good shape.
GWvsJohn

Postby CorrTerek » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Manic Oppressive wrote:Hey, since we're on the Wizard of Oz theme, maybe Blair could survive as per Wicked's (the play, not the book) interpretation. :mrgreen:

Beat me to it. That would be very interesting indeed.

And the art is actually pretty good this update. I look forward to seeing further improvement!
CorrTerek

Postby YesNinja » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Just chiming in to say: Holy crap! The art got pretty nice this update! The trees are seriously booping great, Maggie (from what we can see) looks really cool, and I LOVE Ace's hair this time! Haha. Thanks for putting up with the fanbase's boop for a bit. As much as we give you, I think we all really think you're going to do a good job.

Also: OH MY GOSH YES I CAN'T WAIT FOR ACE-PARSON COMBOS!
YesNinja

Postby No one in particular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

On the one hand, Parson will get Ace to do a LOT of really cool dollamancer stuff.
On the OTHER hand, Cubbins will always be Ace's one true love.

Ah, the classic conflict of Career vs Love~! How is a soul to choose?
---
No one in particular

Postby Deo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 pm

The witch bugs me.

I don't know if she is a survivor, or maybe a sister that was not known, but the possibility of what could happen if she is indeed related to to the prior mess interests me.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the witch was a Findamancer? One who might have had interest in where the last summoned stupidworlder came from, and access to people who can guess probable outcomes?

Though honestly i just keep thinking something will happen that will create a new side with Parson in it; what if Parson had to face that, seemingly without weakness, horde of decrypted for some reason?

Have fun with that.
Deo

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions