Book 2 – Epilogue 04 – Thinkamancers' Poll

Postby balder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 04 – Thinkamancers' Poll

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Ooooooo very interesting....the Great Minds do NOT Think Alike
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm

So, can we pin the names to the faces?
  • Roger: obvious, the one in center
  • Tisha: Morticia Adams
  • Jintao: Spock?
  • Saltina: Blue hair
  • AV Club: Far right?
  • Pamelor: Blonde?
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 pm

NAMES! YES PLEASE! :D :D :D

wiki wiki wiki
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 pm

*gasp* woah, it's like I'm looking in a funhouse mirror, another Jack!

Thanks for that though, I wasn't a fan of the first video so I stopped after that.
Last edited by 0beron on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby XenocideSoldier » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes, you got it right Oberon, if you watch the video it zooms in on the thinkamancers as they send their replies. Also; this is interesting, is seems even the MK bigwigs don't know where the other Arkentools are.

EDIT: Also, Oberon, you should watch the other videos, especially the Ace one, I used to dislike them, but I'm starting to change my mind.
EDIT2: Hm. Usually funhouse mirrors make you look worse, not better. ;)
“If a journey took place in the past, we can see its beginning, middle and end. From our privileged perspective here in the future, we see all. We see as the Titans do. But this is not our privilege while on a journey.”
XenocideSoldier

Postby badninja » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Well this is going to end well. The Great Minds that Think Alike will fracture and it will happen at the worst time. So my question is how does everyone else in the MK feel about Parson a threat or something else entirely?
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Parson attuned to the Dish?

He'd have his own personal Tri-mancer link. Thinkamancy + Mathmancy(bracer) + Whatever the boop he is.

Now wouldn't that be educational?
Jabberwocky

Postby Nows7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

huh. parson attuning is an interesting thought, but I am skeptical.

I was kinda worried for a bit though; update didn't post until about 9:00pm eastern. I was concerned that the update schedule was going to falter not even 4 updates in.
Nows7
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

A much more interesting insight that is revealed here: The GMtTA aren't all behind Parson, and actually fear what he is capable of. This lends further credence to my suspicion that they were involved with making Charlie the way he is today, and their plan to use the SPW spell to remedy it was a big gamble that they fear could go wrong.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

"Empress" Saltina implies that she is, or was, a Ruler. I wonder if being a Thinkamancer Ruler offers any special benefits. After all, Rulers already have natural Thinkamancy that allows them to give orders and check status remotely. Would combining the Thinkamancer and Ruler roles into one make communication costs more juice efficient?
ManaCaster

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Hmmm that's a good point... can't imagine though how a Ruler would outlive their side AND still make it to the MK. Although I suppose they could flee the capital at the very last second, especially with Thinkamancy to know before their units lose the Garrison. Or she could have Abdicated too I suppose, if that's really possible (seeing as Judy didn't specifically Abdicate, Olive became Ruler because Judy left the service coverage area, no bars here folks :p )
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 pm

0beron wrote:Hmmm that's a good point... can't imagine though how a Ruler would outlive their side AND still make it to the MK.

Possibly she was an heir who's side fell while she was in the MK? Just as Wanda was Overlady for all of 10 seconds when Goodminton was attacked.
Jabberwocky

Postby ysath » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Not really about the story here but the art is getting progressively better which is a really good thing. the prologue 1 and 2 looked pretty bad imo and prologue 3 was already getting much better for the surroundings. Happy to see that for #4, the characters looks much like they used to.
ysath

Postby Turkey » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 pm

So I googled 'Empress Saltina' to try to figure out the reference, the only good hit was this:
http://www.petguard.com/pet-tales
:?
Turkey

Postby Lilwik » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 pm

0beron wrote:Hmmm that's a good point... can't imagine though how a Ruler would outlive their side AND still make it to the MK.
That's easy. All she has to do is go to the Magic Kingdom at any time and abandon her side. When her capital is conquered, her side ends and she outlives it. Most likely she wouldn't do that until it became clear that her side was doomed to be destroyed, but it could be done at any time.
ysath wrote:Not really about the story here but the art is getting progressively better which is a really good thing.
I've noticed that too. I've promised myself that I won't judge the illustrations until I see a comic page, but the more Epilogues that I see the greater my expectations become.
Lilwik

Postby Ditto » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Someone is updating the ErfWiki quickly and has misspelled Pamelor's name as Palemor in several locations.

Someone who knows how to wiki better than I should take a look at that. I don't know if you can edit an article title, and I didn't spot the link to create a new page or know how to set up a redirect. Lazy and my bedtime. :oops:
SteveMB wrote:The question is getting Wanda to honor the offer. They could keep going back and forth: offer, honor, offer, honor....
Sorry*.
*no I'm not
Ditto

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 pm

So we've got the opinions of the Thinkamancers that are in the Magic Kingdom. I kinda have to wonder what the Royal Thinkamancers, like Bunny and the mysterious former Thinkamancer of Unaroyal think of this though. Especially the ones that actually have Royal blood, like that Princess Zelda-like Thinkamancer. Maybe they see a bigger picture than the other Royals? Or are they left out of the loop on this particular scheme for their own sake?
ManaCaster

Postby Lipkin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 am

0beron wrote:Hmmm that's a good point... can't imagine though how a Ruler would outlive their side AND still make it to the MK. Although I suppose they could flee the capital at the very last second, especially with Thinkamancy to know before their units lose the Garrison. Or she could have Abdicated too I suppose, if that's really possible (seeing as Judy didn't specifically Abdicate, Olive became Ruler because Judy left the service coverage area, no bars here folks :p )

I don't remember it being stated anywhere that the members of the Great Minds all lived in the Magic Kingdom. Could still be ruler of a side.
Lipkin

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Turkey wrote:So I googled 'Empress Saltina' to try to figure out the reference, the only good hit was this:
http://www.petguard.com/pet-tales
:?

Someone put a link to the reference on the wiki. It's here: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Sanaki
ManaCaster

Next

Return to Reactions