Book 2 – Epilogue 05 – At the Temple

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Epilogue 05 – At the Temple

Postby balder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:08 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 05 – At the Temple

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:10 am

Seems like there are significantly more Thinkamancers than any other type of caster. I suppose it is the most useful discipline.
ManaCaster

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 am

Arm band. So glowey. Like lava lamp.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Nows7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:24 am

"Hey Maggy, Direct order: Do not attempt to influence me using your magic" ?
Nows7
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:37 am

Everything about these updates is improving. They are much shorter than what we are used to, but that's obviously a pay-off with the frequency, so no issue there.

So yeah, good work, team :)
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby No one in particular » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 am

Oh, man, is that Ken Nordine with the pipe? I can hear him now "In the beginning... oho, long before that... when light was deciding who should be in and who should be out of spectrum..."
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Dante » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:49 am

Ooh, Maggie's going to get sorted. I can only imagine what sorts of comments that's going to elicit from her fellow Thinkamancers.

"Oh I love sorting! I wonder what kind of sort Lord Parson will use?"
"I think a top-down insertion sort would be the most effective."
"That's what she said!"
Dante
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby MadZuri » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 am

I have a hash table set up, want some?
MadZuri

Postby ftl » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:20 am

ManaCaster wrote:Seems like there are significantly more Thinkamancers than any other type of caster. I suppose it is the most useful discipline.

Are you sure?

It might just be that we've seen more of the thinkamancers than any other group. I mean, we're in thinkamancy central over there. And the thinkamancers were all mobilized, since Maggie alerted them all that IMPORTANT BOOP is going down. There could be just as many other casters, but they didnt' happen to be in Portal Park at the time Parson was passing through.

Or did I miss something in the update?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 am

ftl wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:Seems like there are significantly more Thinkamancers than any other type of caster. I suppose it is the most useful discipline.

Are you sure?

It might just be that we've seen more of the thinkamancers than any other group. I mean, we're in thinkamancy central over there. And the thinkamancers were all mobilized, since Maggie alerted them all that IMPORTANT BOOP is going down. There could be just as many other casters, but they didnt' happen to be in Portal Park at the time Parson was passing through.

Or did I miss something in the update?

It's been speculated in universe that casters pop in the discipline most needed by the side that pops them. A new side usually pops a caster within it's first few warlords. Thinkomancers are very useful for communicating with your side, in addition to creating links, so it may be that rulers subconsciously influence the popping of casters and Thinomancers pop more often.

Unfounded speculation, but I think it follows if I'm remembering my stuff correctly.
Lipkin

Postby Xarx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:12 am

"Maggie moved to follow, but Parson stopped her in her tracks with a silent order."

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time we've seen Parson use natural Thinkamancy.
Xarx

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:21 am

Xarx wrote:"Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time we've seen Parson use natural Thinkamancy.
Nah, even vocal orders are Natural Thinkamancy, because they convey intent perfectly in ways words alone cannot. So he's used it plenty before.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Xarx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:36 am

Then let me rephrase: It's the first time we've seen him use it intentionally, by subvocalizing an order.
Xarx

Postby M.A.D » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 am

Sizemore's reply seems to be rather curt and disrespectful for an answer to his Chief Warlord. I suppose he's showing contempt because Parson finally stepped in and disturb the peace of the Magic Kingdom? Well, it's understandable since people are going to blame him after this, just for following orders.

Nows7 wrote:"Hey Maggy, Direct order: Do not attempt to influence me using your magic" ?

Sir yes sir, Mr. Parson, sir. I will not attempt to influence you with my magic unless it's for the greater benefit of the side, the MG, and the world as a whole, which I'm pretty sure it is.

..Wait, did I say that out loud? *Throws memory-wiping dust* Sir, yes sir.

Dante wrote:Ooh, Maggie's going to get sorted. I can only imagine what sorts of comments that's going to elicit from her fellow Thinkamancers.

"Oh I love sorting! I wonder what kind of sort Lord Parson will use?"
"I think a top-down insertion sort would be the most effective."
"That's what she said!"

ZING! Haha!
M.A.D

Postby Radagast » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 am

There may be more thinkamancers (if there really *are* more of them than other disciplines) also because they likely rarely leave the Capital site, and thus are by far the most likely to survive in the event of the side falling.
Radagast

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am

Out of this entire update, I am, by far, the most excited by the Shredder style bracer on Parson's right arm.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby NYbear » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Out of this entire update, I am, by far, the most excited by the Shredder style bracer on Parson's right arm.

Heh, he's been wearing it since he got suited up in the armory of GK.
http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-10-19.jpg

I cannot wait to hear the conversation between Parson and Maggie :)
NYbear

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Out of this entire update, I am, by far, the most excited by the Shredder style bracer on Parson's right arm.

We've seen it before: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-10-19.jpg [bah, ninja'd]

The new art is really growing on me! I don't get a single real-world reference for the half-dozen thinkamancers on the front steps of the temple. Anyone have any ideas?
ThisIsNotDan

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 am

Xarx wrote:Then let me rephrase: It's the first time we've seen him use it intentionally, by subvocalizing an order.
Okay fair point, but I don't think that's really too revolutionary. It's the same thing as vocal orders, so it's not like he's developed a new ability. And to be fair, he has done it to his Bracer before I think, and it's also how he writes his Klogs.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WarFAN » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 am

I am truly eager to read Maggie's excuses for withholding critical information... She surely can't allege Duty or Loyalty.
WarFAN

Next

Return to Reactions