An Alternate Epilogue 2

Movies, songs, or whatever other stuff you have created.

An Alternate Epilogue 2

Postby No one in particular » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 pm

So, after Epilogue 3 came out, I mentioned how I liked how Arthur was giving the narration more flavor as we heard from more POVs.

Still, I thought to myself, Jack's epilogue should've been... brisker. Less savoring the words and mulling it over, more... nibble-y. Like a bird pecking...

I know there's a lot to consider with the editing, being clearly understood by the audience, getting a good flow to synch with the visuals... I'm not saying I could do a better job on any of it.

But I thought I should at least take a stab at reading Jack's epilogue myself, just to put my shmuckers where my mouth is.

I don't want this to come across as arrogantly insulting, and I don't know how this fits in with Erfworld's Fan Works Policies, so I wanted to ask permission before posting any recordings of me yammering into the mic.

Would it be okay for me to post my own version of the Epilogue 2 - Jack Decrypted voice over here?
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Re: An Alternate Epilogue 2

Postby No one in particular » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Ah, boop it. No one's said anything, one way or the other, so I'm going ahead and posting my reading.

I only have the mic in my laptop, so pardon the technical shortcomings.

And with these magic words, I summon thee, o' fell voices of the dark! Eldridge Emile Bell!
---
No one in particular

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Seems a little too much so at first, but settles into a much better cadence. Have to say, it came out rather nicely.
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:40 pm

That is, at least, partially intentional.

The text itself uses the words "sprang, snapped, darted, snapshots." Jack, a Foolamancer, lives by his eyes, by knowing the layout and position of everything around him; he's essentially had a blackout and and rather than build up his awareness of a place by adding to the mental map he already has, he's taking in EVERYTHING and building from the ground-up in this particular moment. Once his attention focuses on Wanda (& his own reactions to her), he settles down.

I really do see Jack as being nearly overwhelmed at first; his first moments back among the living (such as it is) would be more frantic than calm.
---
No one in particular

Return to Multimedia