Book 2 – Epilogue 07 – Jack in Black

Postby balder » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:55 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 07 – Jack in Black

Postby randint » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Yes! More Jack! Awesome!
Well, at least Parson seems to think that he seems "Jack enough"

As for the secrets.. I guess that knowing that Charlie is like the Wizard is a big enough thing to keep it under wraps. I wonder why though - to any Erfworlder, it won't mean much. Only to someone from Parson's world does it actually have a meaning that may potentially be used against him.
Last edited by randint on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
What Parson's slogan should have been: "We break things. Sometimes that even works."
randint

Postby cheeseaholic » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 am

But *will* Parson pursue Charlie? Once he gets more time to calm down I wonder if he'll try to strongarm negotiate with him instead, if he thinks that he can save more lives that way. If he can force Charlie to stop his mercenary contracts and just do nothing but telecommunications via magical contract he could save a lot of lives. Or maybe Parson hates Charlie enough to ignore the cost and go after him.
cheeseaholic

Postby rgrekejin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am

I've thought this since the first page he appeared on with the new artist, but Jack seems to me to now resemble the 11th Doctor more than anything else.
rgrekejin
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 am

I'm looking forward to the next epilogue and find out more about what the high price Charlie paid to keep his secrets. I hadn't considered that he had perhaps simply paid money or made some other agreement with FAQ after the fall of Haffaton. Perhaps he agreed to help hide FAQ and restore their Kingdom.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Xarx » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:16 am

rgrekejin wrote:I've thought this since the first page he appeared on with the new artist, but Jack seems to me to now resemble the 11th Doctor more than anything else.

Bow ties are cool.
Xarx

Postby Lipkin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:28 am

rgrekejin wrote:I've thought this since the first page he appeared on with the new artist, but Jack seems to me to now resemble the 11th Doctor more than anything else.

The black hair ruins that for me. I'm getting more of a Johnny Depp vibe.

One thing of note about the Wizard of Oz. He wasn't nearly as powerful as he lead other to believe. If it any wonder Charlie is trying to hard to hide behind the curtain?
Lipkin

Postby CorrTerek » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 am

Why is Parson assuming that Judy's not from his world/didn't return to his world? I mean, he seems to think that the story of the Wizard of Oz couldn't exist in his world if someone from his world actually lived it, which is a bit of an odd assumption to make.
CorrTerek

Postby Lilwik » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:00 am

Mikalyaran wrote:I'm looking forward to the next epilogue and find out more about what the high price Charlie paid to keep his secrets. I hadn't considered that he had perhaps simply paid money or made some other agreement with FAQ after the fall of Haffaton.
I think the price was more than mere shmuckers! For a long time I've been wondering what amazing secret Jack might know that Wanda would be so eager to tell Parson, but now I realize that there is no amazing secret. Jack only tells Parson the secrets that have already been revealed in Book 0, and since Olive is dead there won't be any more revelations about Charlie. The whole reason that Wanda wants to tell these seemingly trivial secrets to Parson is the fact that Charlie was willing to pay an enormous price to prevent those secrets from leaking. That alone is enough to convince Wanda they must be very important secrets, but she doesn't know why they are important.

What kind of price would be so shockingly high? Is merely providing shmuckers to rebuild Faq shocking? Maybe, but it doesn't seem like enough. Instead I suspect that Faq will get plenty of shmuckers for that from razing Efbaum. Faq will fly back to where they came from and Jillian will take care of whatever small occupying force Haffaton left in those cities; they'll be frozen now, so she can take her time. Then Faq will be surprised to find that veiled archons have followed them back to their hidden kingdom and there will be an epic battle of some sort, and the harder Charlie fights the more convinced everyone will be of the importance of those secrets.

At least, that would make a fun climax to Book 0, but unfortunately it doesn't really make sense because Charlie would have no way to prevent casters from escaping into the Magic Kingdom with his secrets, unless he somehow takes the battle into the Magic Kingdom. Perhaps part of the price he paid was calling in favors and burning bridges in the Magic Kingdom as part of his campaign to wipe out Faq.

Mikalyaran wrote:Perhaps he agreed to help hide FAQ and restore their Kingdom.
I think Faq would actually prefer to not have Charlie know where they are.
Lilwik

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 am

Also Jillian seemed confused that Charlie knew about Neo Faq.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Tathar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 am

It's a good thing we have text updates still, since the video is constantly buffering. I can't get 2 seconds of video before it pauses to buffer.

Also nice to see Book 0 tie into the main story now.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 am

Something is not working right with the video for me. I'm trying another browser. I think Youtube hosting was the better choice for these, imho.
Beeskee

Postby Tathar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 am

Beeskee wrote:Something is not working right with the video for me. I'm trying another browser. I think Youtube hosting was the better choice for these, imho.

I'm spending more time buffering than watching video. I don't think another browser will change that.

EDIT: In 10 minutes of buffering, I only got 30 seconds of video so far. Wow.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah I just closed out of it. Something is obviously going on, either tons of Erfworld fans or the video itself is still uploading or processing or something. I can read the post fine at least. :D I'll watch it later.
Beeskee

Postby Sixty » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 am

Does seem odd that Parson thinks she couldn't have gone back to Earth. Does he assume everyone would have heard of her story then? I mean, most people would just write her off as crazy if she claimed to have returned from another world and had magic shoes (that probably don't do that much on Earth, at least having infinite move wouldn't mean much here unless it also made you not tired from waking 24/7.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:36 am

Oh, also I wonder if this has anything to do with how/why Vurp lied to Parson way back when while making the rounds with him.
Sixty

Postby CelebrenIthil » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:41 am

My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:56 am

Arkensaw.

Somebody should have seen that coming.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ManaCaster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:59 am

CorrTerek wrote:Why is Parson assuming that Judy's not from his world/didn't return to his world? I mean, he seems to think that the story of the Wizard of Oz couldn't exist in his world if someone from his world actually lived it, which is a bit of an odd assumption to make.

Well, Parson comes from a close variation of our world, and his quest has been a whole smorgasboard of references to no one thing, while Judy Gale's quest matches the story of the Wizard of Oz just a little too closely. The only reference Parson himself has is his name (A protagonist), which isn't the most visible of things. With Judy Gale, the references are pretty blatant, to the point that Parson knows who Dorothy Gale and Judy Garland are. It would be pretty coincidental if someone from a world with that story and film not only happened to have the correct name, but was also a suitable target for the Summon Perfect Warlord spell. And as noted earlier, we are assuming that Parson comes from a close variation of our world, not some variation of our world with all sorts of parodies.
ManaCaster

Postby ManaCaster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:Arkensaw.

Somebody should have seen that coming.

They did.
ManaCaster

Next

Return to Reactions