Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby balder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 am

New One is up.
User avatar
balder
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby M.A.D » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am

"Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?
M.A.D
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Radagast » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 am

I was sure for some reason that Rusty was going to die in the battle.

I'm guessing the actual Prediction from Marie was not that Charlie would not croak Banhammer today, but rather that he would do it several hundred turns into the future...
Radagast
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby MadZuri » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 am

I've seen theories that Charlie was somehow responsible for the Dwagons that Stanley found on the way there. Is that close enough?
MadZuri
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Tarvok » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 am

Isn't Banhammer dead, though? Jillian wouldn't be a barbarian if her side were still intact, would she?

I'm thinking that Banhammer is currently negotiating terms of surrender, and their mourning is because they all know the family will soon be broken up in the settlement.
Tarvok
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:50 am

Tarvok wrote:Isn't Banhammer dead, though? Jillian wouldn't be a barbarian if her side were still intact, would she?

I'm thinking that Banhammer is currently negotiating terms of surrender, and their mourning is because they all know the family will soon be broken up in the settlement.


Banhammer is killed later when Stanley attacks. They are negotiating the agreements which Jack, Wanda, Jillian, et cetera were put under more likely.
User avatar
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby atalex » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:54 am

M.A.D wrote:"Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?


Seems so. It's interesting, is it not, that Jillian may well be the only person from Faq to have no idea how or why Faq fell. She still obsessively blames Stanley and is oblivious to any possible roll played by her former lover Wanda, her former patron Charlie, her former friends Jack and Marie, or even her father Banhammer. I wonder what kind of meltdown she's going to have when she finds out the truth.

Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts. Jillian either doesn't go along or is not trusted by her father to keep the secrets, so her memories are erased or altered. Some time later, Wanda, in hopes of fulfilling her prophecy, conspires with Stanley to seize Faq. Charlie is either involved directly or else learns of it and realizes he can destroy Faq and possibly get the Arkenhammer if he ensures Stanley succeeds -- hence the unusual number of dwagons obtained en route to Faz, which implies Carneymancer involvement. Simultaneously, while Stanley is attacking Faq, Charlie also engineers the coup against Saline IV, either because he wants Stanley to be an Overlord or possibly with the intent of killing Stanley in the field (if Charlie was not aware that Saline took the unusual step of appointing a non-Royall as heir).
atalex
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Lilwik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am

M.A.D wrote:"Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?
No, Predictions are serious business, so you shouldn't read into them. If Marie simply Predicted that Charlie wouldn't kill Banhammer it would mean that Banhammer was safe from Charlie forever, and that's probably beyond Marie's power to Predict. She's just limiting her Prediction, perhaps because she doesn't have enough juice to know that Charlie would never kill Banhammer. I really think that if Marie knew that Charlie was going to kill Banhammer she would say so.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 am

atalex wrote:
M.A.D wrote:" Simultaneously, while Stanley is attacking Faq, Charlie also engineers the coup against Saline IV, either because he wants Stanley to be an Overlord or possibly with the intent of killing Stanley in the field (if Charlie was not aware that Saline took the unusual step of appointing a non-Royall as heir).


Wasn't the coup after the conquest of FAQ? I'd always had the impression that Wanda did it.

Also, in regards to the update:

A) Does anybody else want to just start slapping Betsy and most of the rest of the idiots?

and

B) Is anyone else shipping Rusty/Uncroaked Olive? That would take Wanda's revenge to an entirely new and awesome level of 'screw you'.
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Beeskee » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 am

Spoiler: show
And an uncroaked Commander unit, with zero leadership.

Oh. ...Olive.


I couldn't help it. I laughed. :D
User avatar
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:49 am

I'm still impressed with how many casters King Banhammer has in his retinue, and the lost potential from that time.
User avatar
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Lipkin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 am

Lilwik wrote:
M.A.D wrote:"Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?
No, Predictions are serious business, so you shouldn't read into them. If Marie simply Predicted that Charlie wouldn't kill Banhammer it would mean that Banhammer was safe from Charlie forever, and that's probably beyond Marie's power to Predict. She's just limiting her Prediction, perhaps because she doesn't have enough juice to know that Charlie would never kill Banhammer. I really think that if Marie knew that Charlie was going to kill Banhammer she would say so.

I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 am

Welp, Labeler looks terribly masculine on this page. I'm feeling awful embarrassed right now.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Lilwik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:00 am

Lipkin wrote:Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.
That's a delightfully wild and believable idea. Predictamancers are strange in that they look to the future to make their decisions in a way no one else can, so it's almost impossible to know what might motivate Marie to do whatever she does. In this case what you're really saying is that Marie may be going directly against her Duty and even now plotting the murder of her ruler and perhaps many of her current and future friends in Faq, all for the sake of bringing Wanda to Stanley to set things up for Parson's arrival. That would certainly explain why Marie refuses to talk about the fall of Faq, but it really makes me wonder what exactly she's expecting Parson to do to justify all of that.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 am

Lipkin wrote:I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 am

I feel like the high elves may have always hated Olive for how she used the garden to pervert hippimancy. though It does beg the question though why they never broke their alliance like we have seen other natural allies do if that's how they felt about her... could be that they feared her and Faq too much. or could be part of their nature that they would never betray a side they become a part of. However, Once Olive was captured the High elves saw their chance to get rid of the despised garden and be rid of Olive for good; hence why they made no effort to help olive or take the city afterward

but it really makes me wonder what exactly she's expecting Parson to do to justify all of that.


To fight the war to end all wars


Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts.


Actually in the previous epilogue, Jack implied that Charlie payed a high price to keep his secrets. It won't be easy for Faq to rebuild after everything they have lost, but it could be that right now, Charlie is giving them a price for their silence; Faq agrees to remain silent about everything they heard in exchange for a huge payout that will help them rebuild.
User avatar
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby Lipkin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 am

Jabberwocky wrote:
Lipkin wrote:I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.

Do we know she didn't tell? Jack and Wanda turned to GK. The other casters of Faq are presumed dead. That leave Marie. Either she tried to warn Banahmmer, and she went barbarian after he refused to listen, or she went barbarian and fled before or during the attack.

The simplest answer is that Banhammer would not believe her, or try to argue with her. He'd also probably try to bring it to a committee with the other casters, which would be very hard to do without drawing Wanda's attention. By the time he was ready to act, I'm betting Stanley would be on his doorstep.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby hajo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 am

MonteCristo wrote:
Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts.


Actually in the previous epilogue, Jack implied that Charlie payed a high price to keep his secrets. It won't be easy for Faq to rebuild after everything they have lost, but it could be that right now, Charlie is giving them a price for their silence; Faq agrees to remain silent about everything they heard in exchange for a huge payout that will help them rebuild.

FAQ only needs to rebuild 3 citys. Haffaton had about 50 citys.
When Jillian sacked Progrock of GK, she got 40000 schmuckers out of it.

So, just razing all that cities should be enough to get all the money FAQ needs for rebuilding.
No need for Charlie to actually pay something, so I think the "high price" will be something else...
Last edited by hajo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
User avatar
hajo
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: DE

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby BakaGrappler » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 am

Lipkin wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:
Lipkin wrote:I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.

Do we know she didn't tell? Jack and Wanda turned to GK. The other casters of Faq are presumed dead. That leave Marie. Either she tried to warn Banahmmer, and she went barbarian after he refused to listen, or she went barbarian and fled before or during the attack.

The simplest answer is that Banhammer would not believe her, or try to argue with her. He'd also probably try to bring it to a committee with the other casters, which would be very hard to do without drawing Wanda's attention. By the time he was ready to act, I'm betting Stanley would be on his doorstep.


But Banhammer was able to successfully evacuate all his casters in the Olive attack, and according to what we know, Stanley's initial group of dwagons was nearly wrecked by the outlaying defenses and he found more on the way to FAQ proper. This would give Banhammer time to evacuate his casters as he is aware the end is coming. Then, we have never been told the fate of the FAQ casters. We know a Turnamancer was not one of them, and Jillian only needed a Turnamancer in FAQ, so we shouldn't read too much into that.

Basically, all the casters could still be alive, so Banhammer's legacy may not be lost... unfortunately. The fugging idiot. I also think that Banhammer is just aware of his fate, and that Marie knows that trying to oppose it will end things even more badly. And that is something that Marie, being a Predictamancer that actually knows what she is doing, is not going to try and get in the way of, coax along the way, or manipulate into coming about like the idiotic Temple tried to do, dooming her side.

So, Marie knowing that some things are Fated to happen, hard F, is making sure that the people involved only know enough to see the results come about without having any flaming logs land on their heads. Marie also probably told her other casters, "Today is the day. Let's have tea inside the Magic Kingdom. Jack, you need to stay with Wanda, because you have a part to play as well." Or something thereabouts.

Charlie's involvement in the fall of FAQ is probably acting as the broker for Wanda sending a Thinkagram to Stanley to lure him into her trap.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
User avatar
BakaGrappler
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby hajo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:42 am

BakaGrappler wrote:Charlie's involvement in the fall of FAQ is probably acting as the broker for Wanda sending a Thinkagram to Stanley to lure him into her trap.

Wanda used a scroll.
She wouldn't trust Charlie much after the events we are seeing in the current updates :mrgreen:
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
User avatar
hajo
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: DE

Next

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests