Predictamancy: Book 3 Opponent

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Predictamancy: Book 3 Opponent

Postby bladestorm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 pm

I've got 25Q to whoever can guess the opponents in Book 3. 24 hour cooldown time between predictions.

Book 1: RCC vs GK
Book 2: GK vs Jetstone/RCC2
Book 3: ??? vs ???
bladestorm

Re: Predictamancy: Book 3 Opponent

Postby bladestorm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Couple of curve balls with this prediction pool. First of all, there's no buy-in, unless someone else with spare quatloo is also going to chip in. Another is that Book 3 may not even have GK. If the story follows Parson, and he is captured, turns, gets zapped home, etc... Book 3 may involve his new side vs a completely different side. Royal vs Royal? Toolist vs Toolist? Stanely vs Wanda? Goodminton vs Faq?
bladestorm

Postby Whispri » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

bladestorm wrote:Goodminton vs Faq?

Gets my votey bet thing.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

GK vs FAQ/Charlescomm, with Jetstone wanting to sit it out but getting dragged in on both sides in turn
drachefly

Postby effataigus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

Everyone of consequence against Charlescomm and part of TMK...

Where everyone is Goodminton/GK, Faq, TV, part of TMK, and JS.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Wayson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Civil war in the Magic Kingdom, with GK+Jetstone vs Charlescomm. Faq remains a largely unaligned entity, although engaged in conflict with Translyvito (now under the control of Caesar, Don having been overthrown).
Wayson

Postby Whispri » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 am

Goodminton/Gobwin Knob vs Faq/Charlie. Units popped in Translyvito fighting for both Sides.
Whispri

Postby bladestorm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 am

Charlescomm with Parson vs GK.
bladestorm

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Royals, Half of MK & Charlescomm Vs GobwinKnob, GMTTA & Hippies/Predictamancers. Third party alliance of non Coalition, non Toolist sides against both teams.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:30 am

Goodminton/Gobwin Knob/Translyvito vs Faq/Charlie/various RCCII Sides.
Whispri

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 am

I am thinking of changing my answer, since I now suspect Charlie is in luuurrrrvv with parson.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Then add your new idea. 24 hour cooldown between submissions.
bladestorm

Postby Nygma » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Goodminton/Charlescomm vs GK/Faq/Transilvito/Jetstone

Parson comes around to the idea of saving Erfworld itself from never-ending war. Poor Wanda, doomed to always be the bad guy, decides his vision is not what the Titans have in mind and joins Charlie. The two most competent Arkentool wielders bring together near-total global surveillance, vast wealth, and an ever-growing army.

Against that is:
Stanley, who like to use his hammer to crack nuts, create pigeons, and occasionally tame dwagons.
The directionless valkyrie of Faq, whom Parson manages to convince that Wanda is a) at least as responsible as Stanley for the destruction of Faq and b) the way bigger problem right now.
The concerned Don King, thus finally bringing the vampires onto the side that has "all the classically evil creatures".
Tramennis, who is not at all happy with Parson right now, but is someone who can talk with his enemies.
And Erfworld's perfect warlord, who has to somehow unite a bunch of shattered and financially destitute sides and lead them against the tide.

It's going to be epic. :shock:
Nygma

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Yeah, changing mine to MK+Non royals, vs RCC2, vs a now Wanda controlled GK+Charlie.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Goodminton/Gobwin Knob vs Faq/Charlie/various RCCII Sides.
Whispri

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Parson v Titans... Actually that's book 5.

In the mean time, we're going to see GK going up against an as yet unmet enemy. They will reach for the arkenshoes at Stanley's insistance, despite Parson trying to persuade him to finish off the nearby threats (FAQ, trans, jet), giving them a chance to regain their footing. While Parson will ultimately overcome this new enemy, the prize will not fall into GK's hands. Jillian will instead be the one to claim the shoes for herself, leading to book 4 being a fight between GK and the newly empowered FAQ, who will have Jetstone (Who will have conquered Haggar in the interim) as a primary ally, as well as Charlie getting seriously involved in the fight on a more or less personal level. Transylvito... their fate is more cloudy. They'll either do their best to aid FAQ, or have already collapsed from Don dying and either Caesar taking over (so not really collapsed, but not helping FAQ) or the new heir being killed shortly after as well.
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Gobwin Knob/Translyvito vs Faq/Charlie/various RCCII Sides.
Whispri

Postby gobe » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Gobwin Knob as we know it (except maybe Parson becomes Overlord) vs the rest of Erfworld. The war to end all wars.
gobe

Postby GWvsJohn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:18 pm

GK v. Charlescomm.

The war of the Tools. Royalty truly is obsolete.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby mantimeforgot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 am

Parson is a Creator as he is from the world that originated Erfworld; how Parson conceives of himself directly affects how he interacts with Erfworld (you see this in his swearing during the destruction of Ruthlessness; how Sylvia describes "Lord Parson with an idea..." being not dis-similar to the feel of an Arkentool; but the real clincher is here: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_Text_59.

Parson is time and time again described as I kind of agent of Fate, but also as a force of nature. One GM is Erfworld; the other GM is himself (he most naturally conceives of himself as a Chief Warlord since that was essentially his heart's desire that was latched onto when bringing him to Erfworld).

So if third book is the final chapter (which I hope its not), then Parson will essentially be his own side; if it is not the final chapter, then I think we need to find a side where Parson will achieve the most growth.

I do not seriously entertain notions that Wanda would ever turn against Parson. Her faith in him is transmitted to her decrypted units. For those units which were extremely predisposed to not like Wanda/Parson, then their disposition towards Parson and his actions are at best lukewarm. But, for those units which have high faith/loyalty you can see just how much Parson means to Wanda. "He is level 20, he is level a million..." Sylvia thinks Parson can do anything, and I doubt that that is far off from Wanda's own personal understanding of Parson.

The most crucial question to answer is: "What would Parson do with his new-found knowledge of Charlie?" Should we still believe that Charlie is on the guaranteed path to destruction as he tells Maggie? Or do we think that Parson will find a reason to pity Charlie even though Charlie has tried to kill him numerous times and is probably the only person to come close to succeeding? Of course I think the story would be remiss without a villain capable of matching Parson to some extent, so the loss of Charlie as an opponent would be hard to recover from as a plot point.

The next major question to ask is: "Is there any side left capable of matching a GK + Parson?" I don't think a RCC2 + Charlescomm can do it since the loss at Jetstone (also whether you believe my edifice of Parson being a burgeoning Titan or not; he is canonically capable of being a caster of some kind), since Parson will be able to access the Magic Kingdom virtually unopposed.

GK versus Everyone else?

MTF
mantimeforgot

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld