Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 073

Postby multilis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 pm

BakaGrappler wrote:Actually, what Parson is Fated to do IS the plot. He's fated to reform the world of Erf and to do what the Titan could not when they made Erf. Make it a better world. And he's gonna do that by breaking all the rules.

No, sorry that is Ansom's job. Ansom is the pro warlord who makes extra plans just in case, while Parson goes in without a plan and now traps his army in magic kingdom where mages can surprise destroy it whenever they get bored of him.

Parson is fated to fall in love with Janice and make lots of babies the old fashioned way. (Erfworld males are sterile, erfworld is tired of having to pop babies to save them, so erfworld needed Parson) Proof: Hippiemancers moto: "make love, not war!" As Janice has already explained, Parson is a Hippie.
multilis

Postby Lipkin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Ooh! Ohh! Are we making sweeping, unfounded declarations about the plot? I wanna go! I wanna go!

Umm...

Parson is fated to have a tea party with the Titans. The story will end when they sit down and have a nice chat over scones.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby SNfinity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Lipkin wrote:Ooh! Ohh! Are we making sweeping, unfounded declarations about the plot? I wanna go! I wanna go!

Umm...

Parson is fated to have a tea party with the Titans. The story will end when they sit down and have a nice chat over scones.

This has to happen, just for the potential 2000: A Space Odyssey reference.
SNfinity

Postby multilis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Lipkin wrote:Ooh! Ohh! Are we making sweeping, unfounded declarations about the plot? I wanna go! I wanna go!

Umm...

But you have provided no evidence! My theory, I have shown evidence from comic on how Ansom is smart, and Parson is dumb and Hippies make babies! So my theory is right, yours is wrong.

Now we have only two solutions, either you agree with me or we must argue for many pages. Your mustache looks like your momma trims it!
multilis

Postby Lipkin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:22 pm

multilis wrote:

Umm...

But you have provided no evidence! My theory, I have shown evidence from comic on how Ansom is smart, and Parson is dumb and Hippies make babies! So my theory is right, yours is wrong.

Now we have only two solutions, either you agree with me or we must argue for many pages. Your mustache looks like your momma trims it!

My mustache is painted on. Your exhibited lack of attention to detail discredits your theory.
Lipkin

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Umm...

My turn!

Uncroaked Olive is still around(Rusty hired a Dollamancer to make a freezer). Wanda finds out and, with super plier power, transforms her into a Decrypted!
Jabberwocky

Postby Tonot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:26 am

*Opens beer, grabs plate of crackers and brie*

Please carry on, this is entertaining.
Tonot

Postby BakaGrappler » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:13 am

Next theory,

Charlie's Dish really does allow him to manipulate Natural Allies any way he wants. Proof in the form of FAQ turning the Giants against Jitterati. That was all Charlie.

The precedent occurred to me while I was at work today.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby YesNinja » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 am

Ben (the Moneymancer) is the Chief Caster of Transylvitto, and will spawn a new side that rivals Charlie in control of Schmuckers. Evidence? He's also apparently a master of rhyme-o-mancy, and didn't disband when his Ruler told him to do something, and he refused. He's secretly a Toolist, too. His Tool will be the ArkenWallet. It all makes so much more sense now!
YesNinja

Postby Oberon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 am

Umm...

Nonsense! I have already Predicted that Parson, being fat just like Elvis was at the end of his legend, will assume his rightful place as a Titan and will be wearing the blue suede (arken)shoes. Tea will NOT be served! Instead, it will be bourbon and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby MadZuri » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am

YesNinja wrote:Ben (the Moneymancer) is the Chief Caster of Transylvitto, and will spawn a new side that rivals Charlie in control of Schmuckers. Evidence? He's also apparently a master of rhyme-o-mancy, and didn't disband when his Ruler told him to do something, and he refused. He's secretly a Toolist, too. His Tool will be the ArkenWallet. It all makes so much more sense now!

ArkenWallet? That would be... priceless.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
MadZuri

Postby youngstormlord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:04 pm

I want in, I want in... Parson will return to our world, with the whole court of GK with him. Then he'll form a crime-fighting, asskicking team with them, with Parson as Fatman, Jack as Snipe, his trusty sidekick, Sizemore as Green Shovel, Maggie as Miss Thinkamancian, Wanda as Wond'ah Woman and Stanley as Thor's expy Tool ( with Ace as Hardware Man, Iron Man's expy, now we are mixing comic panteons). Someone photoshop this immediately!
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby bladestorm » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Lilwik wrote:
Lipkin wrote:Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.
That's a delightfully wild and believable idea. Predictamancers are strange in that they look to the future to make their decisions in a way no one else can, so it's almost impossible to know what might motivate Marie to do whatever she does. In this case what you're really saying is that Marie may be going directly against her Duty and even now plotting the murder of her ruler and perhaps many of her current and future friends in Faq, all for the sake of bringing Wanda to Stanley to set things up for Parson's arrival. That would certainly explain why Marie refuses to talk about the fall of Faq, but it really makes me wonder what exactly she's expecting Parson to do to justify all of that.

Or it could just be that she has already Predicted that Haffaton would be the agent of Faq's destruction. Wanda is one of the few previously-Haffaton units, thus the arrow Jack made in the air between Wanda and Marie. Charlescomm will not be hurting the king at all today, since Wanda will be the one responsible for croaking Banhammer (and then uncroaking him). Jillian is the one who has screwed her side by quickly accepting Wanda's Turning, and not listening to the Predictions.
bladestorm

Postby multilis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:24 pm

bladestorm wrote:Jillian is the one who has screwed her side by quickly accepting Wanda's Turning, and not listening to the Predictions.

In another world, Jillian said no to Wanda turning. Without Wanda on side, Olive successfully manipulated Banhammer, escaped the city, and wiped out FAQ including Jillian. A few of FAQ casters did live on as drug addicted slaves of Olive, but later died when Olive and her side are destroyed. Wanda as prisoner of Olive survived.

Charlie got some of what he wanted with compromise deal with Olive, and got rest of what he wanted later when Olive's kingdom finally imploded (without croakomancer helping, could not sustain such a large kingdom, enemies on all sides kept attacking and plundering)

Many turns later the kingdom of Uniroyal under Overlord Sylvia Lazarus is in desperate position. Fortunately her chief caster Wanda gets a good deal from magic kingdom on a scroll to summon the perfect warlord. Parson does not consider himself fortunate as he struggles to save his side from the enemy coalition and the destructive tendencies of his new Ruler.

Parson doesn't have arkenhammer or dragons or super fortified capital, but he does have a larger very mobile army on horseback including horse archers that specialize in hit and run/plunder tactics and prefer to fight wars in large open fields, and also has a fair number of uncroaked flying units.

The ruins of FAQ are claimed by TV, the kingdom of FAQ is forgotten forever.
multilis

Postby Tonot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Oberon wrote:will assume his rightful place as a Titan and will be wearing the blue suede (arken)shoes.

That is so perfect and true sounding that it must in fact be direct revelation from the Titans.
:o :shock: :?

Spoiler: show
This seems to me very like what must go on in the Sheep-herding communities "Top Tent" after the elder rocks back into the camp with some "Stone Tablets" that a "burning bush" gave him when he was "in the desert" . . . coincidentally alone . . . and wandering around seeking revelation.

Other elders, half convinced, start filling in the "obvious" details.
Tonot

Postby MonteCristo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Slicer wrote:What Parson is Fated to do isn't the actual plot. The plot is Parson against Fate and the rules of Erfworld in general. Wanda assumes that Fate is a force that cannot be denied, which is true only because it's part of the game of Erfworld. It, like everything else in Erfworld, is an artificial construct like the hex boundaries and the stats. Which Parson's real goal is to tear apart.

He already breaks a rule on a regular basis: he can swear. He gained this ability by sacrificing an artifact. Perhaps with all four reality-altering Arkentools- or even by sacrificing them- Parson could put an end to Erfworld's rules.

Except that for the most part it seems that Parson is on the fast track to MEETING fate, not avoiding it.
Afterall it was Marie, the predictamancer and thus one of our window into fate's designs, that told us that Parson has started the "last war evah". And Issac points out that Parson is basically fullfilling like 3-4 different prophecies. And heck when Parson DID try to defy that fate, fate messed with his bracer and then clonked him in the head with a flaming wooden beam to stop him. Really it sounds like if fate wanted Parson to fail to break the system and end war in erfworld it would have let him leave or would be trying to croak him... and the predictamancers would "so predict" his demise rather than support his success

Frankly if Parson is gonna be the one to break the system, then it sounds like the system is FATED to be broken since that's how things seem to be playing out.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby YesNinja » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Tonot wrote:
Oberon wrote:will assume his rightful place as a Titan and will be wearing the blue suede (arken)shoes.

That is so perfect and true sounding that it must in fact be direct revelation from the Titans.
:o :shock: :?

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and put that on the wiki as confirmed. Might as well skip the middle man (Rob), because we all know it's gonna happen.
YesNinja

Postby Vreejack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 am

From what Stanley had said, the number of Dwagons in the pass on the way to Faq was normal for a region no one had never gathered dwagons from before. Certainly Faq did not mind them being there as a natural defense. I do not see how Charlie enters into Banhammer's death. It seemed pretty clear from Stanley's account that Wanda killed Banhammer in order to alleviate the disaster and save her own life. If she had not done it Stanley would have. It was Wanda who summoned Stanley there in order to ambush him, but the plan backfired.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby Lipkin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 am

Vreejack wrote:From what Stanley had said, the number of Dwagons in the pass on the way to Faq was normal for a region no one had never gathered dwagons from before. Certainly Faq did not mind them being there as a natural defense. I do not see how Charlie enters into Banhammer's death. It seemed pretty clear from Stanley's account that Wanda killed Banhammer in order to alleviate the disaster and save her own life. If she had not done it Stanley would have. It was Wanda who summoned Stanley there in order to ambush him, but the plan backfired.

From what Stanley said, he met a highly unusual amount of Dwagons on the way to Faq. He thought he was just lucky. Some of us are not convinced of that, especially because his attack would have failed without the extra Dwagons. Either fate or Charlie had a hand.
Lipkin

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 am

Lipkin wrote:. Either fate or Charlie had a hand.

Or Fate gave Charlie an incentive and means to influence a number of dwagons to be in the area between GK and FAQ. Now what could that incentive be?... hmm ?... perhaps a surefire way to make sure that his secrets never got divulged ? Destroy the kingdom that knows your nasty little dealings .... hmm ?
Surely an excess of dwagons couldn't be pinned on Charlie, now, could it ?
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions