Erf War (Now Closed!)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erf War (Now Closed!)

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:59 pm

LordShadow wrote:GW, Nehekhara-based side there, I believe? I'd have expected desert-capability if that was your theme.

More old Undead army book (before they split to vampire counts and tomb kings) themed. Nagash ruling from Cripple Peak situation :)

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:It essentially doubles production in exchange for taking 50-100% as long to actually get access to the units. It sounds very powerful, but since army size seems to be much more limited by schmucker production than unit production, I don't think it'll actually change much. Still, as I said, I'm more than willing to modify it or change it out if Shadow doesn't like it.

Heh, and Shadow doesn't like it either. I had thought the egg stats might be a bit too high. Ah well, think I'll change it to +2 points then. Will have to toy with the possibilities a bit.

That's what it seems like TnY, but in turth, it's not really a delay. Let's say you want to pop Stabbers. You take a 1 turn delay to lay the first egg. Then you pop 12 stabbers per turn. Forever. For the cost of a 1 turn delay. It's a huge bonus, especially for the x/turn units.
GWvsJohn

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Forgot my scouts >_>
Everyone started out a little insane
But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game
But some of you never learned to drop the act
So under that skin of yours: a heart attack
Durmatagno
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm

That's true, I hadn't really considered the consistent production of a single unit type. I was thinking more based around the change. Could maybe work something out where I only get the production boost if I'm changing the unit type from turn to turn... but it still isn't that serious. I had also thought about doing something where I get larava each turn, and can use those to make units, but balancing that properly would be a pain. Ah well, will go with something more 'mundane' then.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Bouncing a side boost: Scouts have an upkeep of 20, and 9 may be popped every turn. All other units have their upkeep increased by ten.

Might be to powerful. That's why I'm asking.
understandslittle

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 pm

In my attempt to find someone to run another Erfworld game for friends of mine that wanted to join this but weren't on when you closed it, I either found GWvsJohn on another site, or someone that uses the same avatar.
Durmatagno

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:22 pm

understandslittle wrote:Bouncing a side boost: Scouts have an upkeep of 20, and 9 may be popped every turn. All other units have their upkeep increased by ten.

Might be to powerful. That's why I'm asking.

Transylvito anyone?
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Maybe...
understandslittle

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Well, I can see some big advantages coming from having such a mobile force. A sneak attack on you would certainly be impossible, and your army could basically arrive at any given point at will.... but it is still seriously low combat. I think the main advantage combat wise besides the perfect scouting, would be forcing people to defend their cities alot better in case of surprise attacks. Eh, overall doesn't seem too overly powerful, though certainly has potential to be annoying.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 pm

If that special does get approved, I probably will never use stabbers, or pikers. Archers may see use, as my scouts need some way to deal with wall defenders. Knights possibly, I'm not sure how I'm going to build them. Specials are casebycase. Not sure there either.
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 am

Alright, I've decided on my side: the traditional dwarf side with an obsession for hammers. Mainly because I have an awesome idea for my city construction - sorry, you'll have to penetrate my defences if you want to find out what it is. :P My naming convention is synonyms for insults, and hammer related objects/concepts.

Ruler: Underking Coal Merryolsoul
Side: Downtown
Colours: Grey and Orange
Favoured Terrain: Mountain
Livery: An orange cracked hammer silhouette superimposed over a black mountain's silhouette on a field of orange.
Side bonus: Favoured Terrain: Mountains
Preferred caster: Turnamancy, Dirtamancy
Non-preferred caster: Flower Power, Foolamancy

Infantry:
Spoiler: show
Pinheads 5/6/2/5/- (30 + 0)/Mountain Capability (0)
Stabber
'Pinheads are known for their reckless behaviour and tendency to head-butt their opponents. Like all Downtown units, they sport magnificent beards with dangling hammer charms. Their classification as stabber class is a technicality - they wear pointed helmets.'

Slammer 7/6/3/5/- (20 + 0)/Garrison (0), Mountain Capability (0)
Piker
'Downtown's preferred method of warfare are giant hammers, meaning Slammers are held in high regard. Each carries a long maul with a cast iron head larger than some Downtown units. Their beards are knotted into the shapes of hammers - they are the epitome of Downtown hammer fanaticism.'

Cheap-Shot 5/5/4/5/- (30 + 0)/Ranged (0), Garrison (0), Mountain Capability (0)
Archer
'Downtown's hammer obsession takes a strange turn with their Cheap-Shots, heavily armoured plated crossbowmen. Instead of arrows, they fire hammers. Seriously.'

Snub 3/2/0/20/- (30 + 0)/Scout (0), Mountain Capability (0), Tunnels Capability (2)
Scout
'Snubs are a strange side effect of Downtown's industry - bricks with a thousand legs with a tendency to hurl themselves at people. Close enough to living hammers to get a pass.'

Smasher 14.5/7/7/5/- (90 + 10)/Rider (0), Siege (3), Mountain Capability (0)
Knight
'Smasher beards are interwoven with metal plates; a giant flailing mass of metal and hair that forms the Smasher's main weapon. Alongside their offensive hammer-hair, they carry warhammers they use to whack stones and skulls alike as weapons. It is said Downtown Smashers invented croquet.'

Specials:
Hammer-Heads 12.5/2/2/12/- (60 + 10)/Siege (2), Tunnels Capability (2), Burrowing (3), Mountain Capability (0), Speed Boost (2), Beast (0)
Beast Class A/B-Special
'Hammer-Heads were bred originally as pets to the courtiers of Downtown, but their potential for warfare was discovered after an incident involving three Hammer-Heads and a ladder. Since, these misshapen beasts have served as Downtown's calvary of choice.'

Peice-a-smith 8/3/2/6/- (60 + 10)/Knight (0), Builder (2), Fabrication (3), Natural Caster: Dirtamancy (6), Mountain Capability (0)
Knight Class A/B-Special
'The Peice-a-smiths are the backbone of Downtown industry; master craftsmen and foul-mouthed to boot, equally capable of creating grand architecture to inspire or a hammer to break teeth in.'

Untouchable 17/10/6/4/- (120 + 20)/Knight (0), Mountain Capability (0), Burrowing (3), Dance-fighting (4), Leadership (4), Heavy (5), Tunnels Capability (2)
Knight Class C-Special
'"Stop - it's Hammer Time" is the motto of the Untouchable Academy, and their elite hammer trained officers are the best of the best at cracking enemy skulls in, leading the hammer-hordes of Downtown into battle and cultured conversation. It involves a lot of hammers.'

Malletmight 16/15/10/3/- (300 + 50)/Beast (0), Mountain Capability (0), Burrowing (3), Tunnels Capability (2), Footbiter (4), Sonic Breath Weapon (6), Siege (0), Heavy (0)
Beast Class D-Special
'With its fifteen feet of hulking muscle, metal and bony plating, the Downtown Malletmight is a living hammer that destroys all in its path.The final answer of the Underking to aggression is always to hit it with a Malletmight.'

Naval Units:
Nail 6/7/2/4/8 (60 + 0)/Water Bound (0)
Sloop
'Nail-class vessels are manoeuvrable and hard hitting, largely due to their creator's odd naval fighting technique: ramming vessels repeatedly until they sink.'

Drip Ship 11/3/3/9/20 (90 + 0)/Water Bound (0)
Galley
'Downtown units prefer not to get their feet wet, thus their naval units are built to carry them places, not rule the high seas. The Drip Ship is the staple of Downtown's minuscule navy.'

Drowntown 20/4/10/5/30 (130 + 0)/Water Bound (0), Heavy (0), Ranged (2)
Galleon
'Named in honour of their side, Drowntown vessels are giant, armoured carriers built to withstand the worst the treacherous seas can throw at it.'
Last edited by Acorntail on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:03 am

D specials start with heavy and thus cannot buy the heavy special.
GWvsJohn

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:19 am

GWvsJohn wrote:D specials start with heavy and thus cannot buy the heavy special.

Fixed the Malletmight.
Acorntail

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:27 am

GWvsJohn wrote:D specials start with heavy and thus cannot buy the heavy special.

Well that gives me an excuse to redo my Demon Bears.
Durmatagno

Postby understandslittle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Headed for bed, posting what I have so far.

Ruler: Queen Bee
Side: The Hive
Colors: Yellow, Black
Livery: A hornet
Side bonus: Increased Scout pop rate, reduced Scout upkeep, increased upkeep every other unit
Preferred caster: Thinkamancer(With that many scouts, communications are important)
Florist (Flowers!)
Non-preferred caster: Shockamancer, Signamancer
Stabbers: Moths 5/5/3/5 (40) No one knows what they look like. The queen has never used them.
Pikers: Drones 10/2/5/5 (Garrison) (30) These soldiers stay at home, but are very hardy.
Archers: Turrets 5/7/2/5 (Garrison, Ranged) (40) Automated archers these units rarely if ever leave the city they are popped in. If they do, they grow legs.
Scout: Hornet 3/2/2/20 (Scout) (20) Once one has stung the others will come...
Knight: 10/8/7/7 (Rider, Ranged) (100+10)
Special A: Hive Princess 8/6/2/18 (Leadership, Dancefighting, Speedboost, Speedboost) (70+10) capable of some free thought, these special units assist the queen in her field work.v
Special B: Comb Crafter 8/2/2/12 (Surveyor, Builder, Fabrication, Burrowing, Speedboost) (70+10) These units are in charge of the upkeep of cities, resource points, and basic crafting.
Special C: 17/7/6/16 (Heavy, Packmind, Speedboost, Speedboost, Siege, Ranged) These units avoid having leadership, and are the slowest regularly used units in the queens arsenal. Even so, their ability to take down walls from range is invaluable.
Special D: Giant Ticks 16/14/8/19 (Speedboost+, Sonic Breath, Toxin, Earthshaker) These units hit hard, move fast (about as fast as the rest of the queen's forces), and are generally awesome at killing stuff. Not even walls can stand up to these units attacks.
Last edited by understandslittle on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
understandslittle

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Finally came up with a good name (And I think it sounds Erfworldy) for my side. Hollywean ^_^
Durmatagno

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:08 am

I'll finish up tonight.

Sorry school just started, and I have a lot on my plate.
understandslittle

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

understandslittle wrote:I'll finish up tonight.

Sorry school just started, and I have a lot on my plate.

A....friend, yeah lets go with that. A friend of mine understands that. She just started school up again, its part of why she missed trying to get in here.
Durmatagno

Postby LordShadow » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 am

The map is finished!

Some information:

This is a unit marker. It indicates the presence of a basic unit of any type.

This is a command unit marker. It indicates the presence of a warlord, overlord or caster.

This is a city marker.

This is a capital city marker.

Finally, side colours. All markers will be in the colour of the side to which they belong.

Hollywean: Red
Downtown: Brown
Zoig: Purple
Khemrerf: Orange
Hive: Yellow

Also, I think I missed some people for side bonuses. Who has not yet received a PM from me on the subject of a special side bonus?
My Erfworld fiction, The Shadow, and Comments for it.
LordShadow

Postby Acorntail » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 am

LordShadow wrote:The map is finished!
Also, I think I missed some people for side bonuses. Who has not yet received a PM from me on the subject of a special side bonus?

I did not get one. I did PM you a bit regarding my units, though, so I can see how you might have forgotten me. ;)
Acorntail

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 am

Markers look good. What map program are you using?
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games