Commanders - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Commanders - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm starting up a game, not a competitive one but a cooperative one: players will take on the roles of commander units for a side and work together to keep it from falling to a new threat...

=======------======------========

This is the court of Lore, the seat of the kingdom of Knowitall. You've never been here before, yet you feel right at home. The columns of marble arching to meet one another over the halls, a chandelier of glass and gold hanging from above. Below sits a throne, and on that throne sits him. King Manly Man. The top dog. Your ruler, The lord and protector of three cities... well, four now. Lore. The new capital. Rebuilt from the ground up in Manly Man's motto: size matters. The old capital Knowitall was his father's place, but this was his, and he was it's.

The commanders of Knowitall had all fallen in the fight for Lore, but Manly Man had a lot of friends and Lore had fallen with a lot of Schmuckers. In a turn, a dirtamancer had replaced the city, and turnamancy/luckamancy had popped you.

The New Command. Five commanders popped all at once for a price: no more for a long, long time.

"Well, who are you?" He asks.

=======------======------========

1. Sir 'Tank' Tanksalot (understandslittle) - Warlord
2. Cicatrix Rax (Sir Shadow) - Caster (Croakamancer)
3. Metter Nick von Brawn (LTDave) - Warlord
4. Prince Macho Man (GWvsJohn) - Royal Warlord
5. Omgah Binder - Caster (Thinkamancer)

=======------======------========

Name:
Special: (Caster or Warlord, magic discipline or desired special)
Appearance:
Stats: Add +2 to any two, + 1 to one and -1 on the remainder.
- Hits: 5
- Defence: 2
- Combat: 3
- Move: 6
Last edited by Acorntail on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 am, edited 8 times in total.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby understandslittle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:33 pm

"Sir Tanksalot milord. Tank for short. Or sir if you're feeling formal."

Warlord (Banner of Defense - Increases defense of units Tank is stacked with)
Encased in solid black armor, this warlord is very rarly seen, except for his piercing green eyes. Wields a giant shield as a weapon.
- Hits: 7
- Defense: 4
- Combat: 4
- Move: 5

"I might not be the quickest milord, but I can take quite the beating before going down"
Last edited by understandslittle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
understandslittle
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Re: Commander

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 pm

"Rax, my Lord. Cicatrix Rax." This was interesting.

---
Name: Cicatrix Rax
Special: Caster (Croakamancy)
Appearance: A man with strange signamancy, he was popped with blue-grey skin that would appear sickly if not for his hale demeanor. He holds himself up straight with an air of confidence and a curious, piercing gaze. His robes are dyed in muted tones of his Sides colors as though they have been worn by time and travel.
Stats:
- Hits: 7
- Defense: 1
- Combat: 5
- Move: 7

(Major internet cookies for anyone that gets the reference without google :P )
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commander

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 am

"O Great King! Hail and well met! We stand in awe at your feet."

"I am dubbed Metter Nick von Brawn, and I exist to serve the side, and my rightful Lord."

---

Metter Nick von Brawn
Warlord (Diplomacy and Politics speciality)
A short, bald, thin man with gold pince-nez and an exquisitie overcoat.
Hits:4
Defence:4
Combat:4
Move:8
Last edited by LTDave on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Commander

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:18 am

Spoiler: show
Just going to point out that the way it's currently worded, you could get +3 to one stat, +2 to another, and -1 to the remaining two. I'm leaving it as is for now, but if someone else wants to minmax, that is an option.

Or it could be edited out as I read it the wrong way, but I don't think so.
understandslittle
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 am

understandslittle wrote:
Spoiler: show
Just going to point out that the way it's currently worded, you could get +3 to one stat, +2 to another, and -1 to the remaining two. I'm leaving it as is for now, but if someone else wants to minmax, that is an option.

Or it could be edited out as I read it the wrong way, but I don't think so.


I would think people would understand what I mean in the spirit intended. ;)
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:08 am

Prince Macho Man
A muscle bound man, known for his garishly colored livery, long flowing hair and shaded spectacles.
Special: Royal (small bonus to stats, increased xp)
Hits: 6
Defense: 4
Combat: 5
Move: 5
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
User avatar
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:27 am

"Omgah Binder, m'lord, here to seek out all that there is to be known for the glory of Lore." The caster bows.

Name: Omgah Binder
Special: Caster (Thinkamancer)
Appearance: A tall woman with a somewhat ageless look to her, slightly maternal but also stern and composed, as though she had a lesson to teach. Clear blue eyes and shoulder-length pale auburn hair, she had a look about her that suggested her mind was elsewhere.Stats:
- Hits: 7
- Defence: 4
- Combat: 2
- Move: 7
Last edited by 0beron on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:49 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Prince Macho Man
Special: Royal (small bonus to stats, increased xp)


Hmm... I'll allow it. Note that being Royal is a bit of a disadvantage because being an heir, your king will want not to risk you doing anything because he can't pop any more command units for the next two hundred turns or so. He could technically elect one of the others as heir apparent, but hey, if you're already here, why stoop to mere nobles?

To that end, Prince Macho Man also popped with the caster special. He's also a Moneymancer.

0beron wrote:I can't quite pick between Signamancy and Thinkamancy, because both fit the character concept I came up with, so I'd welcome input and opinions from other players.


Knowitall doesn't have a thinkamancer, so there's that, but then they don't have a signamancer either, and they rarely see use. If you can pull off a convincing signamancer, I'd suggest going with that, but a thinkamancer would give a lot of utility to the side. And allow for link ups, although I'm not sure whether or not King Manly Man would want to risk his only casters for that unless absolutely necessary.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:55 am

Acorntail wrote:Knowitall doesn't have a thinkamancer, so there's that, but then they don't have a signamancer either, and they rarely see use. If you can pull off a convincing signamancer, I'd suggest going with that, but a thinkamancer would give a lot of utility to the side. And allow for link ups, although I'm not sure whether or not King Manly Man would want to risk his only casters for that unless absolutely necessary.
My thoughts exactly. A Thinkamancer provides broad utility but will probably level slowly due to seeing so little combat. A Signamancer can have utility both at home (prettifying cities and recording information) and in the field (making units more scary like Slately's warpaint, and tracking). Might you consider allowing me to begin as a Thinkamancer and learn Signamancy gradually?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am

0beron wrote:Might you consider allowing me to begin as a Thinkamancer and learn Signamancy gradually?


Sure, nothing's stopping you dabbling in different magical disciplines, although your Signamancy will always be a bit less powerful. You all have probably got something more to you (wink wink) thanks to a Luckamancer pairing up with a Turnamancer to pop you guys anyway.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:08 am

Acorntail wrote:Hmm... I'll allow it. Note that being Royal is a bit of a disadvantage because being an heir, your king will want not to risk you doing anything because he can't pop any more command units for the next two hundred turns or so. He could technically elect one of the others as heir apparent, but hey, if you're already here, why stoop to mere nobles?

To that end, Prince Macho Man also popped with the caster special. He's also a Moneymancer.


A few thoughts in response.

All the Royal sides we see have put their heir not only in the field, but at the forefront of conflict. It's never states that they are only willing to risk them because they have more princes and princesses. In fact, for FAQ, it's explicit they don't have more royals. In new FAQ, there's a line that small sides need to risk even the Ruler. Royals seem to take pride in sending the heir into the field.

Given the unusual circumstance of Knowitall, they might not even need an heir. The deal might have popped a non heir Royal and King Manly doesn't have the spare funds to designate.

Just my thoughts. :)
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
User avatar
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 am

Ok Thinkamancer it is then!
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 am

GWvsJohn wrote:
A few thoughts in response.

All the Royal sides we see have put their heir not only in the field, but at the forefront of conflict. It's never states that they are only willing to risk them because they have more princes and princesses. In fact, for FAQ, it's explicit they don't have more royals. In new FAQ, there's a line that small sides need to risk even the Ruler. Royals seem to take pride in sending the heir into the field.

Given the unusual circumstance of Knowitall, they might not even need an heir. The deal might have popped a non heir Royal and King Manly doesn't have the spare funds to designate.

Just my thoughts. :)


Hmm, I guess. I wasn't expected someone to pop royal, so I wasn't sure how you wanted to have your character. I won't make you heir then, so I can keep what I was planning to do. :P

Up to you whether or not you want to keep that caster special. ;)

0beron wrote:Ok Thinkamancer it is then!


Righto! That makes everyone. Stand by for a wave of PMs with some background notes.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:22 am

Well, a warlord/caster would be quite unusual. I think you added that to give me something to do if Prince Macho was stuck in the capital.

I'd rather be the standard dashing, combat focused field leader if that ok? Maybe make him chief warlord instead? :)
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
User avatar
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:25 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Well, a warlord/caster would be quite unusual. I think you added that to give me something to do if Prince Macho was stuck in the capital.

I'd rather be the standard dashing, combat focused field leader if that ok? Maybe make him chief warlord instead? :)


Well, you can be a Warlord, we'll see about the Chief Warlord later. ;)
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 am

Sounds good.

Small point, the OP says Prince Manly Man. My character is Prince Macho Man.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
User avatar
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Sounds good.

Small point, the OP says Prince Manly Man. My character is Prince Macho Man.


... You saw nothing... >_<
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commander

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:55 am

Lol, aww... but if you were a moneymancer we could try to come up with something for a Croakamancer/Moneymancer link to do :P

Also, no girls? Srsly <_<?
---

I look around for the first time upon hearing voices, realizing that I was not the only one to pop. In fact, I was one of five... Though I had never seen another unit pop, it immediately seemed strange that so many units of such high caliber did at once. With a curious glance to the King, I realize our ruler must be a shrewd man. "Excuse me for speaking out of turn, your highness, but I am a bit perplexed. The need must be great if you put forth the effort to pop us all at once?" I take in my fellows' appearance, we are diverse lot, clearly not brothers.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:43 am

Sir Shadow wrote:Also, no girls? Srsly <_<?
Sorrrrry, I considered it but my reference is a guy and it didn't seem fitting to change him...then again it is a god, so could be a chick if they wished.....

Sure why not! Hope this doesn't throw a curveball, but I'm gonna be a girl.


Omgah Binder
Appearance: A tall woman with a somewhat ageless look to her, slightly maternal but also stern and composed, as though she had a lesson to teach. Clear blue eyes and shoulder-length pale auburn hair, she had a look about her that suggested her mind was elsewhere.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Next

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest