Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:01 am

understandslittle wrote:"How will we deal with air defenses? Throw Peekers at them until they're exhausted? Or mass fly in, taking losses as they come?"
"We might not have to. It's not my school of expertise, but unless that Shockamancer specifically rigged them to fire as a trap, I do not believe air defenses can be fired without a caster present. If they were rigged as a trap however, the shots should be random and undirected...the whole battery might fire if we send in so much as a single scout, thus wasting the effect and leaving us with a clear shot at the Tower."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Acorntail » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 am

0beron wrote:
understandslittle wrote:"How will we deal with air defenses? Throw Peekers at them until they're exhausted? Or mass fly in, taking losses as they come?"
"We might not have to. It's not my school of expertise, but unless that Shockamancer specifically rigged them to fire as a trap, I do not believe air defenses can be fired without a caster present. If they were rigged as a trap however, the shots should be random and undirected...the whole battery might fire if we send in so much as a single scout, thus wasting the effect and leaving us with a clear shot at the Tower."

Manly looks into the distance, giving orders to the cities he controls.
"Cravens should pop on the morrow; a stack here and a stack in Knowitall and Busybody. They were the Hon. Derbert's first attempt at replacing our unit roster, a test run before we risked the Megalowdowns. We haven't had need to pop scouts for a long time, the Archons have been spoiling us. But they're fliers, and should be more than sufficient for testing the airspace."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

"All right then. We'll take most of the troops from here, and strike out at Foreshadow. It will take a few turns for our infantry to get there, so the scouts can catch up. We'll trigger the air defenses with scouts, then I'll fly in with the archons and a few stabbers. Once that's done, I'll ping you with the spell book, and the rest of you can take the tunnels. Once your through we can meet for an assault on the inner walls. Sound good to everyone?"
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm

"No, the leadership spilt should be how I previously suggested."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 pm

"Without Leadership anything not in the tower when we strike will remain in whatever portion of the garrison they are in. The tunnel force will need far more leadership than the tower force will as it will be better guarded. You heard his story, the tower wasn't guarded, and if Foreshadow does have leadership I'll have all our special D's frying the enemy before anything can get through 3 stacks of stabbers. They'll need to take my force down to add reinforcements to the tunnel, and that won't happen for a while."
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:32 pm

"We don't know they don't have leadership," I look to Manly, "Or do we, Highness?"

"My plan was made under the assumption they did, meaning we would have to take the courtyard as soon as possible so any Units on the outer walls are forced into the bottleneck of the Inner Walls and keep them from pouring into the Tunnels. The Flying force should instantly take the Tower while the Tunnel force will take more time getting to the dungeon due to any traps or troops that might be in the tunnels."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:48 pm

"I assumed that the caster would be out on some of the more far-flung cities, or even in the field. It's only a turn or two away, the odds of the caster being there are fairly low. A warlord possibly, but not a caster."
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:"We don't know they don't have leadership," I look to Manly, "Or do we, Highness?"

"My plan was made under the assumption they did, meaning we would have to take the courtyard as soon as possible so any Units on the outer walls are forced into the bottleneck of the Inner Walls and keep them from pouring into the Tunnels. The Flying force should instantly take the Tower while the Tunnel force will take more time getting to the dungeon due to any traps or troops that might be in the tunnels."

understandslittle wrote:"I assumed that the caster would be out on some of the more far-flung cities, or even in the field. It's only a turn or two away, the odds of the caster being there are fairly low. A warlord possibly, but not a caster."

Manly again strokes his moustache in thought.
"There were two casters in the city when we attacked: their Shockamancer and their Thinkamancer. Both were croaked. There was also their Ruler, a pitiful woman with no combat experience, and a warlord I imagine was their heir. Again, both croaked. Judging from the size of the side, the schmuckers we found in their treasury and how the warlords leading the attack against Busybody... I would guess about three living command units. One is a caster; that I'm sure of, the other two could be anything."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 pm

"I would assume they would have a Warlord in the city closer to our side, but Tank brings up a good point... Still, that doesn't mean we couldn't send the infantry to get closer so we can strike on our next turn."
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

I vote we head for the city. We'll start out this turn, then when the scouts are popped you, Sir, send them after us. We'll send them in ahead of us to scout for leadership, and then we'll assault them next turn with whatever plan is more fitting for the situation. Sound good?
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Um, either way I'll be going with the Infantry going for the tunnel, so I wouldn't be staying behind, unless I was going to use a Wulf to catch up.
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 pm

"Our Emperor would stay behind. He is Sir, as he is above my station. You may be Chief Caster, but I am no Caster."
understandslittle

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Metter Nick nods, and gives a little cough.

"But of course, I concur with my compatriots."

"I would urge that one of us take a small force of flyers to reconnoiter the hexes around our capital, and towards Diagetic, striking targets of opportunity, and gaining intelligence on the movements of the neighbouring powers."

"We must be informed of enemy movements, and there is still the fifth city to be discovered."

"I would humbly volunteer for such an operation."
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I simply roll my eyes as Macho simply restates what's already been said... and in a worse way.
Sir Shadow

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Tank rolls his eyes about the amount of eye-rolling going on.
understandslittle

Postby 0beron » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:56 pm

LTDave wrote:"We must be informed of enemy movements, and there is still the fifth city to be discovered."
I shake my head. "Must I remind my comrades a second time that there ARE no enemy movements to be discovered? The side of Lore has ended, their units are not free to move afield. And as for locating the final city, that is a task best reserved for scouts and Archons, not a Warlord. That's the whole reason we have a Thinkamancer after all."
GWvsJohn wrote:"We must make for Foursquare immediately and in force."
"I would reiterate the wisdom of striking out for Plot first, not Fourshadow. It may be slightly farther from here, but is equal distance from our other cities, and such a path would in the long run cost us less move over the length of the campaign."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:12 pm

"Ah, but if we can take the city of Foreshadow first we'll have additional income, and have a larger force for our assault on Plot.

Also, if we use non-fliers it will take a while to move from Who-Hoo to Plot.

In addition, you're talking about removing units from the garrison of cities that can't afford it. And while Lore might have no units in the field, there are still two more sides we know that are in the area. And to my knowledge we don't have much scouting to the south, so there is likely that there is a side close to those cities."
understandslittle

Postby LTDave » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:17 pm

0beron wrote:I shake my head. "Must I remind my comrades a second time that there ARE no enemy movements to be discovered? The side of Lore has ended, their units are not free to move afield. And as for locating the final city, that is a task best reserved for scouts and Archons, not a Warlord. That's the whole reason we have a Thinkamancer after all."

"Ah, but, mon ami! The Imperator has told us that there are Allied units wandering around the previous realm of Lore. Although they are not sufficient to attack any of the Cities, they are present. We should hunt them down..." Metter Nick slams his fist onto his hand, "and crush them before they can, how do you say? Coalesce."

0beron wrote:"I would reiterate the wisdom of striking out for Plot first, not Fourshadow. It may be slightly farther from here, but is equal distance from our other cities, and such a path would in the long run cost us less move over the length of the campaign."

"There is wisdom in your words, nes par? The shortest route between three points is a mostly straight line."
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games