Epilogue 11 - Lilith and Pierce

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Epilogue 11 - Lilith and Pierce

Postby Kornaki » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 pm

It seems entirely in keeping with the nature of erfworld that eating and going to the bathroom are totally separate entities. Decrypted don't need to eat so they don't (because they have zero upkeep), but nothing says they stop pooping so they continue to do that
Kornaki

Postby ftl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:47 am

ManaCaster wrote:
Lilwik wrote:Shmuckers aren't physical objects.

Gems are the physical representation of schmuckers. It could just be value representation, but then, food could also just be value representation when in the hands of anyone that isn't a stupidworlder.

It takes a mathamancer to convert schmuckers into gems.

Gems are a form of schmucker storage which are easy to transport and trade around, but unless your side has a Mathamancer I don't think you can make schmuckers into gems at will. (Any commander can turn gems into schmuckers, but not vice versa)
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:54 am

Correct, except replace every instance of Mathamancer with Moneymancer.

Also, do you think the Arkenhammer can control an actual hammer space?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby cheeseaholic » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:14 am

What I'd like to happen is that prisoners have a set upkeep expense and Jetstone is paying one for her and she's eating the rations that pop because why not. Having a way of setting upkeep to something specific sounds fun and abusable. Waste may just be popping in her though.

Of course, the most abusable is that rations pop for free. Assuming that the unit has to eat rations to survive, at the very least it can be coupled with the slaughtering animals self sufficiency hack to get a days worth of rations for the animal and then harvest it without allowing it to feed. Pop good rations for troops, feed them bad rations and trade away the good stuff. Can you get better rations for paying more? I know there's different types. If it's a % increase then, well....
cheeseaholic

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 am

ftl wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:Gems are the physical representation of schmuckers. It could just be value representation, but then, food could also just be value representation when in the hands of anyone that isn't a stupidworlder.

It takes a mathamancer to convert schmuckers into gems.

Gems are a form of schmucker storage which are easy to transport and trade around, but unless your side has a Mathamancer I don't think you can make schmuckers into gems at will. (Any commander can turn gems into schmuckers, but not vice versa)

I am aware of this, and this neither supports nor refutes my point.

Shai_hulud wrote:Correct, except replace every instance of Mathamancer with Moneymancer.

Also, do you think the Arkenhammer can control an actual hammer space?

Maybe. We do know that it can mysteriously make things disappear!
ManaCaster

Postby ftl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:47 am

Shai_hulud wrote:Correct, except replace every instance of Mathamancer with Moneymancer.

Oops. Yeah. that's what I meant. Thanks.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:56 pm

ManaCaster wrote:Maybe. We do know that it can mysteriously make things disappear!

Makes sense since it can already control time, right?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 pm

cheeseaholic wrote:I'm surprised that nobody's commented on a decrypted needing a latrine yet. Is food/drink needed, or does shit just pop into their butts? I wonder if Jetstone's paying for her rations.

Perhaps she lied about not having upkeep, and ate Jetstone's food, to protect that valuable bit of intelligence about the decrypted.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Tonot » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
cheeseaholic wrote:I'm surprised that nobody's commented on a decrypted needing a latrine yet. Is food/drink needed, or does shit just pop into their butts? I wonder if Jetstone's paying for her rations.

Perhaps she lied about not having upkeep, and ate Jetstone's food, to protect that valuable bit of intelligence about the decrypted.

Good thought. It is in keeping with the sort of mindset that Charlie has re-enforced with his girls, isn't it.
Tonot

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:34 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:

Can't a side tell how much upkeep their units need automatically though? I mean, even Parson, with whom most statistics are hidden, could have his upkeep measured.
ManaCaster

Previous

Return to Reactions