Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 am

In actions nobody saw due to them being secret in nature, the book was clearly placed in a pouch that is currently on Rax's person, so Metter does not find it simply laying on a bed.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:In actions nobody saw due to them being secret in nature, the book was clearly placed in a pouch that is currently on Rax's person, so Metter does not find it simply laying on a bed.

If you can arbitrarily decide not to be where you said you were in order to avoid interaction, I can arbitrarily decide where you put a book.
LTDave

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm

LTDave wrote:If you can arbitrarily decide not to be where you said you were in order to avoid interaction, I can arbitrarily decide where you put a book.

It wasn't arbitrary; he just hadn't yet put up that he had gone to repair the Uncroaked, which I did ask him to do in the PM.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeah...in a game like this where we have to blend post and PMs, sometimes information will lag. No need to be caddy LT
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 pm

(( Aye there was a bit of time-lag due to location differences and I hadn't had time to react to Acorn asking me to put the more open details of what I was doing. An excerpt to prove my claim which Acorn can verify:
Sir Shadow wrote:Cursing to myself, I close the book and place it in my pouch ... I had forgotten to check on the Uncroaked ... I find the Knight, using my senses to pinpoint it.

Which occurred before your post in the main thread. ))
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:29 pm

[fine. apologies]

Metter Nick von Braun can't sleep - life is too interesting to sleep!

He walks up and down, looking at the stars and smelling the night air.

Oh look, for is this, the Croakamancer, Ciciatrix?
The mancer is walking about, tending to his constructs.

"Ah! Good evening Kamerad. How is it? Sorry to intrude. What is it you are doing? Very interesting, I am sure."

"I understand you have the thinkamancer's spell book. May I see it?"

Metter Nick reaches out a hand to take the book.
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 pm

I didn't expect to find Metter stalking around the ranks of unmoving uncroaked and nearly leap out of my skin as the silence is suddenly broken by his greeting, "Ah, hello, von Braun, I didn't expect to see you up so late. I'm just trying to preserve the uncroaked a bit longer... we can't have them falling apart on the road."

"Um, I suppose so. It's mostly notes on Magic, do you have an interest in it? I'd be happy to explain a bit to you... at least, I'd be happy to explain what I understand." Placing the T'Oils down, I reach into my pouch before drawing out the book. "Just be careful with it, it's a valuable source of study for Omgah and myself."

(( Ah... should Rax be suspicious about how Metter knows he has the book? Or is this just one of those things? ))
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 pm

"Eh, Bien!"

"I would be happy to have your assistance in explaining the book."

"I find I have an insatiable curiosity about everything I encounter. I wish to see it all, to know it all. The things I have seen today! The ocean, Ciciatrix, have you seen it from above? Non? It is exquisite. Always moving, never changing. I shall take you next turn, if you desire."

Metter Nick listens carefully as the croakamancer explains the spell book. Then he flips through the pages, passing a quick glance over each one, and hands it back to the caster.

"Bon! A thosuand thanks."

He gives a little bow, and wanders away in that strange way of his, taking very little steps.
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 pm

The man spoke a mile a minute, and I was pressed to try and get a word in edge-wise. "The ocean? Can't say I have. I suppose we could take a couple Peekers next turn." Of course he had to know I hadn't... we'd just popped this morning. I knew what the ocean was at least.

As he reads, I point out different subjects of interest in the notes in an attempt to lay out a basic understand of Magic--particularly an explanation of the Elements and Axis of Magic. His interest in the book was a little strange, it was such a sudden request and just like that he was on his way again... "Um, your welcome. Sleep well, von Braun."
Sir Shadow

Postby Acorntail » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 am

The night was uneventful, as nights often are. The weather clear and clean, the farm hex hospitable. The sun rises; dawn, the day begins.

No rations pop. No bruises are healed or dirt removed from your raiments.

It is not Knowitall's turn.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 am

I rise and leave my quarters to find the others. I seem...agitated, perhaps more so than one might expect for simply discovering we did not have first turn today.

"Any sight of engagements gents? I'm drained so I know nothing yet."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:05 pm

GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm

I allow myself to be ushered back into the house, having only just been standing on the threshold before. With the Golems stacked protectively around me, I focused inward on my strings to prepare for a potential battle. "I need the spellbook!" I call out.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Rax was taking this all very calmly, but then again, there wasn't much to do. The uncroaked were mustered and already stacked. A quick thought sent them shambling to erect a defensive perimeter. The knight stayed near him even after he mounted a Wulf. At an easy trot, he road to the farmhouse and gingerly pulled the book out to hand Omgah.

Returning to where the prince stood, Rax prepared for a fight. "Hmm... you know," he mused, "Our Archons are in Diagenic's area. Another side might already be moving on it." The thought wasn't a pleasant one, but with any luck, those other two sides would wear themselves out fighting over it.
Sir Shadow

Postby GWvsJohn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:56 pm

GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I nod in agreement. Though it didn't seem all too likely to me, an attack here at the main stack would be preferable. Then again, the Archons might not be involved in any action but might be close enough to witness it.
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Metter Nick musters the fliers and takes to the air.
LTDave

Postby Acorntail » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:56 am

Knowitall's soldiers stand at the ready. Its Archons sweep the airspace with Metter, peering into adjacent hexes. It was only your second day, but you knew that if your turn didn't come at dawn and didn't end at night, your side would meet another. So you wait. And wait. Then, when the sun is a third of the way through the sky, it happens.

Knowitall's turn begins.

You juice renews, your bruises heal, your clothes renew. You feel more refreshed than having slept; as though freshly popped. The Uncroaked decay, but none are lost, and none as poorly thanks to Cicatrix's efforts. The smell of freshly popped bread and fruit wafts in from the farmhouse.

At least Knowitall still had a turn; so Lore was safe. This could mean that another city or even the Archons near Diagetic had been engaged, or that Knowitall would initiate the engagement. A third side could even have their turn after Knowitall, hypothetically, and engage a second time.

Orders from Manly arrive via natural thinkamancy: *Continue to Plot. Scouts popped. Arriving soon.*

Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:05 am

"Hmm, well that's that then I suppose. I would call Manly to inquire further, but after my experience yesterday, I am wary of trying to reach him again until I have the chance to discuss the issue in person." I comment, silently ordering the Golems out as I sit down to eat brunch.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games