Epilogue 15 – Parson and the Great Minds 2

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Epilogue 15 – Parson and the Great Minds 2

Postby balder » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue 15 – Parson and the Great Minds 2

Postby warriortribble » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Remote linkup is a secret power? One must admit, I'm impressed. Jillian is doing a spectacular job of gleaning Charlie's secrets without making the slightest effort.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MadZuri » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Parson is doing too good of a job gleaning information. Geuss he is going to be forced to keep those secrets.
MadZuri

Postby Rizban » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Ranking based on furniture. Interesting concept. To me, probably the most interesting thing in this update.
Rizban

Postby Spot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Rizban wrote:Ranking based on furniture. Interesting concept. To me, probably the most interesting thing in this update.

Chair-man is a thing.
I shamelessly stole my avatar from Cloudbreaker :D
Spot

Postby multilis » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 pm

warriortribble wrote:Jillian is doing a spectacular job of gleaning Charlie's secrets without making the slightest effort.

Jillian may be under magic non disclosure agreement(s) that might be worded smart enough to kick in here as well, Stately is dead before he could pass on clues.

As for their security... dangerous to be sure their methods can't be worked around.
multilis

Postby Urf » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 pm

I'd say furniture has a highly significant role in Erf Culture. Thrones, for instance, are incredibly important.
Urf

Postby Sixty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Interesting, Parson mentions Professors he had. Not surprising he went to college or anything really, but a little bit of confirmation (or strong evidence at least) that he has education beyond high school.
Sixty

Postby rezby » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I can't help but distrust Roger. I don't know why, it seems illogical for it to be so, but I just get the feeling that Roger is indeed the Spy.
rezby

Postby kefkakrazy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Not a whole lot of news here. Being able to pseudo-Predictamancy by mass reading is something new but not super scary yet. We knew he could monkey with Thinkamancy links, and I don't know how many people really thought that Charlie wasn't behind the mass Gobwin exodus.

Being able to use Archons as relays to cast or link, though, is a bit scary. We knew he could do it, and were pretty well certain he could remote-link, but the idea that he could use any Archon as a caster relay is only not terrifying at the moment because I'm unsure exactly how much trouble he could cause in combat with Carnymancy alone.

I played way too much Master of Magic for the idea of a super-archmage being able to focus his powers through any of his underlings not to be terrifying. Fond memories, of having entire cities guarded by a handful of spearmen, yet impossible to capture because every time someone tried to invade I'd just blanket the battlefield in fireballs.

If Charlie had access to a major combat discipline, like Shockamancy or Croakamancy, it would be utterly terrifying. Archons swooping in, wasting any vulnerable unit, and leaving behind mass Uncroaked in their wake?

Dear God the idea of Wanda defecting to Charlie is scary now.
kefkakrazy

Postby Man in the Mists » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:20 pm

kefkakrazy wrote:If Charlie had access to a major combat discipline, like Shockamancy or Croakamancy, it would be utterly terrifying. Archons swooping in, wasting any vulnerable unit, and leaving behind mass Uncroaked in their wake?

Dear God the idea of Wanda defecting to Charlie is scary now.

This is why I thought the concept of Olive Branch and Wanda working well together would've been pants-crappingly scary.

Remember the poisoned provisions? What if that had only been the first half of the foods' enchantment? What if they were also imbued with Croakamancy so that when the poisoned units croaked they turned into Haffaton uncroaked? With orders to slay any non-Haffaton unit?

Eeep :shock:
Man in the Mists

Postby Aquillion » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 pm

rezby wrote:I can't help but distrust Roger. I don't know why, it seems illogical for it to be so, but I just get the feeling that Roger is indeed the Spy.

I don't know. Remember, we read an update from his perspective, and he seems genuinely opposed to Parson based on fear of what Parson could do rather than secret loyalty to Charlie or anything like that.
Aquillion

Postby No one in particular » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 pm

kefkakrazy wrote:Not a whole lot of news here. Being able to pseudo-Predictamancy by mass reading is something new but not super scary yet. We knew he could monkey with Thinkamancy links, and I don't know how many people really thought that Charlie wasn't behind the mass Gobwin exodus.

Not a lot of news? Maybe not. But a lot of confirmation? Hoo-boy!

It's one thing to have a lot of belief in something, and another for it to be confirmed, after all. (still holding out for confirmation that Parson is a Date-a-mancer...)
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Submit yourself, I wonder what that means ;)
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Looks to me like the best way for Parson to raise their trust in him would be to improve their financial security.
ManaCaster

Postby Lilwik » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:57 pm

It seems that it is time for someone to make a bet about whether Parson is going to be put under some sort of nondisclosure agreement or whether he's going to get out of it somehow. I can't imagine Parson wanting to have his brain messed with, but on the other hand he wants to stay friendly with the Great Minds and I can't think of anyone specifically that he wants to share this knowledge with; he's the only one who really needs to know these things.

I would bet myself, but I can't decide which why I would bet. Either way I'll be on the edge of my seat until the next epilogue.
Lilwik

Postby bladestorm » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 am

Remote link via Archon? You mean like the Decrypted Archon that Charlie specifically requested a caster to guard? Set up a link with Pierce, using Lilith as a conduit, and he can rampage right on through any of of Duty, Loyalty, or memories. Maybe even to the point of remaining Decrypted, sending false signals of Loyalty, and becoming a double agent.

I also wonder if Charlie couldn't have linked to a Dollamancer to create a semi-sentient chair that could be used as a spy. Wanda could do that with a mannequin, so a DIsh boosted Dollamancer could make a spy out of anything cloth, leather, or whatever else he had domain over.
bladestorm

Postby RedNoBlue » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 am

Could Charlie have linked through to his Spy and *technically* agreed to the NDA at the same as his spy, thus ensuring that he still had access within?
RedNoBlue

Postby elecampane » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 am

So, had Maggie been submitted to those "means of assuring that the information is not shared"? If she had, it seems that she was able to walk around them (and give Parson extra information) by genuinely believing it is for the best of the group. Could the spy actually believe the same about working for Charlie?
elecampane

Postby Arky » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:00 am

Spot wrote:
Rizban wrote:Ranking based on furniture. Interesting concept. To me, probably the most interesting thing in this update.

Chair-man is a thing.

Brilliant!

And so is Sofa-King, of course.

Well, Erfworld does love its signamancy.
Arky
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions