Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 am

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Combat in the Forest Hex:
The Woodsy Elves are quick to respond. Though unled, they fire immediately at Tanksalot's stack, aiming for the deadly Archons. Their arrows are easily dodged by the Archons, who retaliate in kind with lightning, frying the War Bore and filling the hex with a delicious scent. But it is overkill, and their focus on the War Bore proves lethal. Meathshield's archer, led by their warlord, shoot at Tanksalot himself. Their arrows quickly fell the screening Peekers, who collapse to the ground like leaves. Tanksalot's mount is shot out from under him, and the two go careening into the ground. It is a rough landing, and Tanksalot is incapacitated, but alive.

Cicatrix comes to his rescue, the uncroaked archers in his stack quickly dispatching of the archers attacking Tank. Then, the unled uncroaked archers attack, a cloud of arrows mechanically directed into the stacks by Macho. Macho then rides in to capture the Meatshield Walord. The warlord swipes helplessly at Macho, and is quickly overcome and captured.

Combat Log:
Spoiler: show
Ranged Step 1:
16 Woodsy Elves [Unled] (16) vs. 6 Archons, 3 Peekers and 1 Level 1 Warlord {Tanksalot} [Led] (9):
1. Woodsy Elves are unled, and thus share a roll, each for 1d4 + 8 = 12
2. Woodsy Elves are unled, and thus aim at the biggest threat; Archons. As they are flying, Woodsy Elves get +4 to their combat roll.
3. Woodsy Elves combat roll (12+4) versus Archon defence roll (1d6 + 9 + 8 + 1): Archons will not take damage even on lowest roll.

Ranged Step 2:
6 Archons [Led] (6) vs. 1 War Bore [Unled] (1)
1. Archons are led, and each contribute a roll, (1d6 + 8 + 1)
2. Archons are told to attack the War Bore in a swarm, but being Ranged units their swarm attack goes before the rest of their stack. They use Lightning Attacks, and get a +4 bonus to combat. They are in the air, and get an additional +4 bonus to their attack.
3. Archons combat roll (1d6 + 8 + 1 + 8) versus War Bore defence roll (1d6 + 8 + 8): Archons cannot miss.
4. Archons damage rolls: 1d6 + 12 versus a War Bore's hits.
1d6 + 12 versus one War Bore's hits = 2 + 12. War Bore is injured.
1d6 + 12 versus one War Bore's hits = 5 + 12. War Bore is croaked.

Ranged Step 3:
8 Meatshield Archers [Led: Warlord] (8) vs. 6 Archons, 3 Peekers and 1 Level 1 Warlord {Tanksalot} [Led] (9):
1. Meatshield Archers are led, and each contribute a roll, (1d4 + 8 + 1)
2. Meatshield Archers are led, and thus pick their target: Tanksalot. As he is flying, Archers get +4 to their combat roll.
3. Meatshield Archers combat roll (1d4 + 8 + 1 + 4) versus screening Peekers' defence roll (4 + 2 + 8 + 1 + 1). Archers miss only on a 1.
ROLL RESULTS: 4 2 1 3 4 1 1 1
4. Meatshield damage rolls:
1d4 + 6 versus one Peeker's hits (8) = 2 + 6. Screening Peeker is croaked.
1d4 + 6 versus one Peeker's hits (8) = 3 + 6. Screening Peeker is croaked.
1d4 + 6 versus one Peeker's hits (8) = 1 + 6. Tanksalot's mount is injured.
1d4 + 6 versus one Peeker's hits (8) = 1 + 6. Tanksalot's mount is croaked.
5. Tanksalot falls. He will be croaked on a 5 or lower, and incapacitated on a 10 or lower. On a 20, he lands without injury.
FALL RESULTS: 7
6. Tanksalot takes 3 hits and is incapacitated for 3 rounds.

Ranged Step 4:
6 Uncroaked Archers [Led: Cicatrix] (6) versus Meatshield Archers (8) [Led: Warlord]
1. Uncroaked Archers are led, and each contribute a roll, (1d4 + 8 + 1 + 1)
2. Uncroaked Archers are led, and thus pick their targets: The Meatshield Archers targeting Tanksalot.
3. Uncroaked Archers combat roll (1d4 + 8 + 1 + 1) versus Meatshield Archers' defence roll (4 + 8 + 1). Archers can't miss.
4. Uncroaked damage rolls:
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 2 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 2 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 4 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 3 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 4 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.
1d4 + 6 + 1 + 1 versus one Archer's hits = 3 + 6 + 1 + 1. Archer is croaked.

Ranged Step 5:
1 Caster {Ogmah} versus Meatshield Archers (2)
1. Ogmah uses the Boomstick. It creates a level 2 shockamancy spell: Firebowl. (1d8 + 2)
2. Ogmah aims at one of the archers.
3. Firebowl bypasses defence check.
4. Firebowl damage rolls:
1d8 + 2 versus one Archer's hits = 6 + 2. Archer is croaked.

Ranged Step 6:
1 Archon [Led: Metter] versus Meatshield Archer (1)
1. 'Miz Lemon's roll, (1d6 + 8 + 1)
2. 'Miz Lemon' targets the archer. She uses Lightning Attack, and get a +4 bonus to combat. As she is in the air, she gets an additional +4 bonus to her attack.
3. 'Miz Lemon's combat roll (1d6 + 8 + 1 + 8) versus Meatshield Archer defence roll (4 + 1). She can't miss.
4. Meatshield Archer is croaked.

Ranged Step 7:
194 Uncroaked Archers [Led: Macho and Cicatrix] versus 16 Woodsy Elves.
1. Uncroaked Archers are led, and each contribute a roll, (1d4 + 8 + 1 + 1)
2. Uncroaked Archers are led, and thus pick their targets: The Woodsy Elves and Meatshield archers.
3. Uncroaked Archers combat roll (1d4 + 8 + 1 + 1) versus Woodsy Elves' defence roll (4 + 8 + 1). There are too many archers for the Woodsy Elves to survive.
4. All Woodsy Elves are croaked.

Melee Step 1:
92 Pikers, 200 Stabbers, 35 Dire Wulfs, 1 Warlord {Macho} [Led: Macho] versus 1 Warlord [Led]
1. The Warlord attempts to defend himself. (1d8 + 1) He swings at Macho.
2. Macho retaliates by having his stack swarm the warlord to capture him.
3. Warlord's combat roll (1d8 +1) versus Macho's defence roll (4 + 8 + 1). The Warlord can't hit Macho.
4. Macho's stack handily overpowers and captures the warlord.

Clean Up:
1. The Warlord becomes a prisoner of Knowitall
2. Tanksalot recovers.


Victory for Knowitall!
Casualties:
Knowitall:
3 Peekers

Meatshield:
16 Woodsy Elves
8 Archers
1 War Bore

Captured Units:
1 Warlord {Unknown} (Prisoner)

Ping!
Each commander has gained enough experience to level up. You are all now level 2.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Shouldering the Boomstick, I grin. A good combat all around, and the level is a welcome improvement, though I shake my head at the loss of the Peekers. They are too valuable to be used as screens, it should have been uncroaked we lost instead. But the prisoner was a silver lining, so I walked over. I was certainly no Turnamancer, but my skills were the best we had at the moment to encourage a change of allegiance.
"A valiant effort Warlord, you fought bravely and well today." I compliment him, taking stock of his stats. "By what name are you called, that we might appropriately honor your efforts?"
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:57 pm

The sense of a new level washing over me is almost intoxicating, and I immediately decide to do everything in my power to gain more. The sense of new strength is wonderful, as I feel my senses heighten, and just in time too, as it looks like my skills will be needed immediately. The croaked units, however, can wait. Walking over to Tank, I offer a hand as I help him back on his feet and see if he acquired any wounds.

From there, I head over to the captured warlord, scratching my chin thoughtfully.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 am

0beron wrote:Shouldering the Boomstick, I grin. A good combat all around, and the level is a welcome improvement, though I shake my head at the loss of the Peekers. They are too valuable to be used as screens, it should have been uncroaked we lost instead. But the prisoner was a silver lining, so I walked over. I was certainly no Turnamancer, but my skills were the best we had at the moment to encourage a change of allegiance.
"A valiant effort Warlord, you fought bravely and well today." I compliment him, taking stock of his stats. "By what name are you called, that we might appropriately honor your efforts?"


Sir Shadow wrote:The sense of a new level washing over me is almost intoxicating, and I immediately decide to do everything in my power to gain more. The sense of new strength is wonderful, as I feel my senses heighten, and just in time too, as it looks like my skills will be needed immediately. The croaked units, however, can wait. Walking over to Tank, I offer a hand as I help him back on his feet and see if he acquired any wounds.

From there, I head over to the captured warlord, scratching my chin thoughtfully.


The warlord glares back at Ogmah in his chains, spitting at his captors.
"My name is my own business, witch." He looks over the commanders, a tone of disappointment in his voice, "I thought Lore croaked you all..."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I nod to the Prince and order several of the uncroaked to guard him as I lead Omgah away to talk strategy, "I think you're going to have to try and work on his Loyalty. Do you think you can manage it now that we've leveled?"
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I nod. "I have no idea how effective it may be, but I will give it my best shot. What about you? Can your knowledge of the dead provide any insight into...more forceful methods of persuasion? The stick to compliment my carrot so to speak?"
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:23 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:After conducting a search of the hex for any hidden or veiled units, Macho approaches the casters and prisoner. His face is a mask as he examines the enemy. Macho turns to the nearest living troops, a pair of diggers, wantin their dexterity over te clumsy uncroaked. "Strip him of his gear. Give anything magical to the Chief Caster." He then turns to Rax and Omgah. "You have until dawn. Of he doesn't show his use by then, I'm croaking him."


[Macho finds no hidden or veiled units.]

The warlord, when he overhears the prince, glances at a nearby uncroaked unit for a moment, then at the sun nearing the horizon. He gulps.

Prisoner Stats:
Spoiler: show
Unknown - Level 1 Warlord (Prisoner)
Male
Hits: 7
Defence: 1
Combat: 5
Move: 5


The diggers promptly strip the warlord down to his skivvies, giggling and mocking the fallen Meatshield warlord. His gear is mainly mundane, save for his headgear: a shabby looking Homburg; a Messaging Cap. The diggers hand it over to Cicatrix.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:54 pm

"I think using my abilities in such a way would require juice, and I'm a little loathe to use it in such away without clear gains." I shrug as I consider the options. There was no harm in trying, perhaps, but my juice was best conserved to be used where it was needed, such as raising the croaked already here.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I nod and return to the Prisoner. "Well, it would seem the Titans favor us, as reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated. All the more reason for you to reconsider where you stand with us. Time is short and resources are precious, so you have to show me that you have value beyond the use of your temporarily lifeless corpse. Then I would be able to prevent my Warlord friend here and Chief Croakamancer from having their way with you instead." I explain to him in a calm, slightly welcoming tone, not using Juice just yet, trying instead to cast that spell that required no juice.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:43 am

I waited patiently for the Prisoner to digest my words and offer information or turn. If he remained silent, I would lower my head sadly "I'm sorry friend, but if that's how you wish things to be, then you have only yourself to blame for what comes next..." I warn him, and withdraw to rejoin Rax.

Leaning in close I whisper. "Do as you will with him, just don't let him croak. I have one last-minute ace up my sleeve for him when he's on the very edge. Get help from the Warlords if you need, but if we do succeed in turning him, better that he have ill memories of you than of his future peers."

Leaving Rax to do his worst, I join the Warlords and whisper to Macho "I have one last plan that Rax and I are trying. If it fails, he shall be croaked at dawn."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 am

0beron wrote:I waited patiently for the Prisoner to digest my words and offer information or turn. If he remained silent, I would lower my head sadly "I'm sorry friend, but if that's how you wish things to be, then you have only yourself to blame for what comes next..." I warn him, and withdraw to rejoin Rax.


The warlord's eyes briefly break contact with Ogmah's own, but his response is firm, "Let them do what they will; I will never betray Meatshield."

Just then, the sun sets over the horizon; Manley has ended the turn. It is night. The horn declaring end of turn makes the warlord jump, as does the sudden darkness. Around you, units begin to set up camp; tents quickly being erected and reserve rations being drawn. A boom in the distance suggests foul weather has entered the hex.

End of Turn.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:29 pm

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 pm

As the Prince finishes speaking to the prisoner, I walk up. As I look him over, my senses tell me more than my sight as a commander possibly could. I could sense his vitals--the Matter that made him up. He was weak. Fear made him tremble, but then again... that could just be the cold of night. I had to decide now, would juice be a factor.

A cruel smile tugs at the corner of my mouth, "Well, my friend. If things keep going the way they're going, I think I'm going to learn a lot from you. Now and..." I tilt my head toward the uncroaked, "Later."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:The Prince sits down next to the prisoner. "Brother, I need you to consider your options." He lets his gaze drift toward the Uncroaked, standing motionless just at the edge of the firelight, then he looks back at the Meatshield Warlord. "You're going to serve Knowitall. The Titans have already chosen that path for you. What you need to decide is this. Do you want to serve Knowitall as one of them or one of us. I'll talk to you again just before dawn. Think hard before you make a foolish decision."


The warlord gulps. He looks over at the Uncroaked, a grin of defiance spreading across his face.
"One of them? One of them? They are the only reason you still live, cur. Your whole side is built on the ruins of Lore, of Meatshield, of Noway! Even croaked, even forced to fight for a devil such as your King, we are better than anything Knowitall could provide!" He scoffs. "A side of dishonour propped up on their fragile units, save one: the Manly king trembling between the skirts of Archons!"

Sir Shadow wrote:A cruel smile tugs at the corner of my mouth, "Well, my friend. If things keep going the way they're going, I think I'm going to learn a lot from you. Now and..." I tilt my head toward the uncroaked, "Later."


"Huh, and you: the puppet master. I felt that bonus in their arrows; you're no master at all. Is it in your hands my body would be perverted? These aren't your beasts. Did mummy croak and leave you her toys? Just you wait, demon, just you wait until they're gone. The sons and daughters of Meatshield, of Lore and Noway will not serve you much longer, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You're nothing."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 pm

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby LTDave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:29 am

Metter Nick Von Brawn lands his stack of Peekers. It's easy to keep dry on the ground.

He notices the prisoner, and steps over, his head on a tilt.

"Bon Nacht! How is it with you? Seemingly wet, nes par?"

Metter Nick calls a Peeker over, and arranges its wings to cover himself and the prisoner as a tent.

"Tell me a story, if you would. I wish to know anything and everything. What are these things that bring the water? Does this happen every night? Who blew that trumpet?"

{make general conversation until the nex turn starts}
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:26 am

Acorntail wrote:
Sir Shadow wrote:A cruel smile tugs at the corner of my mouth, "Well, my friend. If things keep going the way they're going, I think I'm going to learn a lot from you. Now and..." I tilt my head toward the uncroaked, "Later."
"Huh, and you: the puppet master. I felt that bonus in their arrows; you're no master at all. Is it in your hands my body would be perverted? These aren't your beasts. Did mummy croak and leave you her toys? Just you wait, demon, just you wait until they're gone. The sons and daughters of Meatshield, of Lore and Noway will not serve you much longer, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You're nothing."
His attempts to goad me were... cute. I lean close to him and run a finger across his chin, feeling the flesh beneath. "Mummy? Yes, this is the work of my predecessor, I won't take credit where it isn't due. After all, I have you to thank for bringing me so many new 'puppets' as you put them to work with." I gesture toward the croaked bodies and smile. "I don't mind if you don't wish to join. Like I said, I hope to learn a lot from you. Why don't we start?"

As my torture begins, I continue talking, not really expecting a response. "Let me guess. You were dispatch with a contingent of Lore units and when their capital fell, they disappeared, leaving you alone? But it's been several turns hence, I'm surprised you're still stranded out here. Did the mighty Meatshield think you not worthy of being saved?"
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 pm

The torture is, as all such methods, brutal, but in a while, it is done. The prisoner sits slumped against a post. He is fairly uninjured, but with the subtle influences of a Croakamancer to seek out pressure points and a Thinkamancer to enhance his senses, he is broken.

What the Prisoner revealed:
    His name is Dain.
    He was scouting when Lore fell, and was on his way to meet up with Meatshield forces near the north-east of Plot.
    He has the Ranged special.
    Meatshield was unprepared for the fall of Lore; the majority of its forces are on the far side of Knowitall, and weakened without Lore's reinforcements.

Dain did not turn during the interrogation, but he has grown quiet. Currently, he is sitting out in the rain tied to a post, letting the storm wash over him.

LTDave wrote:Metter Nick Von Brawn lands his stack of Peekers. It's easy to keep dry on the ground.

He notices the prisoner, and steps over, his head on a tilt.

"Bon Nacht! How is it with you? Seemingly wet, nes par?"


"You are a peace of work, warlord." Dain breathes. "A blood-thirsty diplomat... Huh, typical Manly."

LTDave wrote:Metter Nick calls a Peeker over, and arranges its wings to cover himself and the prisoner as a tent.

"Tell me a story, if you would. I wish to know anything and everything. What are these things that bring the water? Does this happen every night? Who blew that trumpet?"


Dain seems torn between gratitude and despair as he is covered from the rain. Eventually, he sighs.
"Titans, did you pop today?" He looks up at the sky. "Clouds, rain; surely you know these things. Weather takes its move whenever it wants, but only once a day. As for the trumpet..."

He lays down in the mud, pointing to a nearby uncroaked brandishing a brass trumpet.

"That did it."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Th Revanchist and 1 guest