Epilogue18 - A Poem About a King

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Epilogue18 - A Poem About a King

Postby balder » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue18 - A Poem About a King

Postby Mirage_GSM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:16 am

So who could "the man that she loves" be...
Mirage_GSM
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ShieldOfAthena » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:So who could "the man that she loves" be...
Um, its Ceasar.
ShieldOfAthena
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Zain » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 am

Neat little rhyme, though feels a bit odd at points. Definitely seeing finer details in the art improving, though Bunny looked more like a Transylvito-Maggie then I would have thought. She doesn't have that tired shy look here, just a calm stance. Still, progress!

One thing I don't get though, how did the Bat flee the scene? Was Transylvito allied during the fight, and thus still on-turn and capable of Move? If so, couldn't Don King have at any point moved the bat from Airspace into one of the other zones, and just had it keep hiding thus preventing a change of hands on the Capital? Or am I missremembering that particular set of rules.
Zain

Postby OneHugeTuck » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:38 am

I bet Bunny is a thinkamancer that Parson/Maggie talk to and (unofficially) ally with.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ftl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:53 am

Zain wrote:Neat little rhyme, though feels a bit odd at points. Definitely seeing finer details in the art improving, though Bunny looked more like a Transylvito-Maggie then I would have thought. She doesn't have that tired shy look here, just a calm stance. Still, progress!

One thing I don't get though, how did the Bat flee the scene? Was Transylvito allied during the fight, and thus still on-turn and capable of Move? If so, couldn't Don King have at any point moved the bat from Airspace into one of the other zones, and just had it keep hiding thus preventing a change of hands on the Capital? Or am I missremembering that particular set of rules.

I would guess that Transylvito was in fact allied, and thus the bat could leave. I think it probably couldn't hide because the whole place was burning, everything was on fire. At best it could have stalled for a few more minutes.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:I bet Bunny is a thinkamancer that Parson/Maggie talk to and (unofficially) ally with.

Don King is desperate enough, he could be swayed. It wouldn't be impossible to convince Bunny to convince the Don that allying with GK is the right thing to do as a reprieve, because otherwise Transylvito collapses. Don King wouldn't be happy about it... but he might not have a choice.

There are *three* weak links in Transylvito. Don King could be intimidated into giving up the fight by threat of force.Or Caesar could be prodded into a coup. Bunny could be convinced to influence the players to make either of those things happen (for the good of her side, of course! And for the good of the thinkamancers!)
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:09 am

ftl wrote:Don King is desperate enough, he could be swayed. It wouldn't be impossible to convince Bunny to convince the Don that allying with GK is the right thing to do as a reprieve, because otherwise Transylvito collapses. Don King wouldn't be happy about it... but he might not have a choice.

That's assuming that Don King is still rational. After Queen Bea's senseless suicide, he might not be.

ftl wrote:There are *three* weak links in Transylvito. Don King could be intimidated into giving up the fight by threat of force.Or Caesar could be prodded into a coup. Bunny could be convinced to influence the players to make either of those things happen (for the good of her side, of course! And for the good of the thinkamancers!)

I'm thinking it'll go something like this:
"Hey, King Don, Gobwin Knob is implementing some interesting tactics, and I think it might be a good idea to stop fighting them. Maybe even ally with them and steal some of their ideas," reasoned Caesar. "Caesar, you are disbanded!" growled Don King. "No!" shouted Bunny, speaking aloud for the first time in her life. And with a blast from her mind, the king of Transylvito was no more.
ManaCaster

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:17 am

ManaCaster wrote:
"Hey, King Don, Gobwin Knob is implementing some interesting tactics, and I think it might be a good idea to stop fighting them. Maybe even ally with them and steal some of their ideas," reasoned Caesar. "Caesar, you are disbanded!" growled Don King. "No!" shouted Bunny, speaking aloud for the first time in her life. And with a blast from her mind, the king of Transylvito was no more.

Or...

"Hey Bunny, you guys are flat broke, but have not lost many units in the war. We're rich, but just took a major hit to our army in this last battle. Your ruler is losing the support of all his subordinates. Could you let Caesar know that if he bumps off Don your side will be handsomely rewarded for formally allying with Gobwin Knob? K, thanks."

This last update really painted a bleaker image for King Don than I had thought. He's bankrupted the side, hitched his wagon to a losing horse, his heir is near to rebelling, and the woman he runs his side through is in love with said heir. Not good.

Anyway, it would be interesting if Bunny channeled Lady MacBeth and pushed Caesar to kill the king and take the throne. Even more interesting would be if Caesar took it a step further and killed any dissenters after taking the thrown. I wonder how the royals of the side would feel about a non-royal taking the thrown. What if all royal Transylvitos but Vinny were killed/disbanded by Caesar, while Vinny is able to save himself by turning to Faq? Now Vinny's mission becomes retaking Transylvito and claiming the thrown.

Just spit balling.
Lipkin

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:45 am

Lipkin wrote:Even more interesting would be if Caesar took it a step further and killed any dissenters after taking the thrown. I wonder how the royals of the side would feel about a non-royal taking the thrown. What if all royal Transylvitos but Vinny were killed/disbanded by Caesar, while Vinny is able to save himself by turning to Faq? Now Vinny's mission becomes retaking Transylvito and claiming the thrown.

Just spit balling.

Caesar is more popular among the commanders of Transylvito than Don King, which is the main reason he hasn't been disbanded yet. The courtiers might have caused problems thanks to court politics, except that Don King sent them off for that very reason. The only Royal on the side save Don himself is the heir, which has yet to pop. By the time (s)he does, Caesar may well already be the Overlord of a Regency.
ManaCaster

Postby ftl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 am

Oh, and one more thing. I remember way back we first learned about the secret affair between Caesar and Bunny. And later we also learned that Don King thought Caesar was transparent and easy to manipulate. There was some speculation that maybe the whole Bunny-Caesar thing was fake, and Don King was just keeping tabs on Caesar via Bunny.

Yeah, this puts that ancient speculation to rest. Don King really never was on top of his kingdom as much as he thought he was, if his Chief Warlord/Heir and his thinkamancer kept their little secret from him all along.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:42 am

ManaCaster wrote:
Lipkin wrote:Even more interesting would be if Caesar took it a step further and killed any dissenters after taking the thrown. I wonder how the royals of the side would feel about a non-royal taking the thrown. What if all royal Transylvitos but Vinny were killed/disbanded by Caesar, while Vinny is able to save himself by turning to Faq? Now Vinny's mission becomes retaking Transylvito and claiming the thrown.

Just spit balling.

Caesar is more popular among the commanders of Transylvito than Don King, which is the main reason he hasn't been disbanded yet. The courtiers might have caused problems thanks to court politics, except that Don King sent them off for that very reason. The only Royal on the side save Don himself is the heir, which has yet to pop. By the time (s)he does, Caesar may well already be the Overlord of a Regency.

Vinny is royal, though low ranking. That was pointed out by Jillian in book 1. I presume there are others.
Lipkin

Postby drachefly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 am

So it's confirmed. Bunny really does love Caesar. So, Caesar's worries on that score were planted for... what? To foreshadow that he'll feel she's using him?
drachefly

Postby Nargrakhan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:56 am

Hmmm... I'm thinking this Caesar-Bunny secret romance, while a possible chance for Parson to win over the vampires, also has the potential to be of use for Charlie. 2009 Summer Update had Caesar taking to Bunny via thinkamancy and saying he loved her. It's implied they've been having such communications on more than one occasion. Charlie can hack those. Providing that info to the Don, might have some value for him.
Nargrakhan
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby WarFAN » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 am

Nargrakhan wrote:Hmmm... I'm thinking this Caesar-Bunny secret romance, while a possible chance for Parson to win over the vampires, also has the potential to be of use for Charlie. 2009 Summer Update had Caesar taking to Bunny via thinkamancy and saying he loved her. It's implied they've been having such communications on more than one occasion. Charlie can hack those. Providing that info to the Don, might have some value for him.

If Don King is going to survive, he must put some kind of order in his house first. The Caesar-Bunny secret romance may be a very literal bomb under his throne...
WarFAN

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 am

Hmm interesting to see that Bunny can Rhyme as well. So this raises the question...can ANY caster Rhyme? Or do they have to be multi-discipline casters to try it? The only casters we have seen Rhyme before are Wanda and Ben, and we know/suspect they're multi-casters. Bunny is the first time we've seen someone who supposedly can only do one school.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Doctor Foreman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 am

0beron wrote:Hmm interesting to see that Bunny can Rhyme as well. So this raises the question...can ANY caster Rhyme? Or do they have to be multi-discipline casters to try it? The only casters we have seen Rhyme before are Wanda and Ben, and we know/suspect they're multi-casters. Bunny is the first time we've seen someone who supposedly can only do one school.

Given that Book 1 showed us that units can sing in rhyme, I suspect there's such a thing as Natural Rhyme-a-mancy. If Parson made up the song then it's even better supported, I think, because others around him would express surprise that he could rhyme without being a caster.
"If you leave out important things or events that you know about, the story is strengthened. If you leave or skip something because you do not know it, the story will be worthless." - Hemingway
Doctor Foreman

Postby Althernai » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:21 am

drachefly wrote:So it's confirmed. Bunny really does love Caesar. So, Caesar's worries on that score were planted for... what? To foreshadow that he'll feel she's using him?

Caesar never had any worries on that score. He was worried that Don was trying to get rid of him, but he never doubted that Bunny loves him.

Don King is so screwed. He's not going to ally with Stanley as that would be a betrayal of Bea. He has alienated his entire side for personal reasons and drove them to the brink of ruin. Even if he does find out about Bunny and Caesar (via Charley or otherwise), there's precious little he can do about it: Bunny is probably his most valuable unit and Caesar is either second or third. And they're not even plotting to betray him yet, though I suspect he'll push them into it sooner or later.
Althernai

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am

Lipkin wrote:Vinny is royal, though low ranking. That was pointed out by Jillian in book 1. I presume there are others.

No. Vinny is Noble, just like the other warlords of Transylvito.
ManaCaster

Postby cheeseaholic » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 am

Jillian defected for love? How does she know this? It should have looked like she just left and let Jetstone finish the enemy off.
cheeseaholic

Next

Return to Reactions