Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 079

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 079

Postby balder » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 079

Postby randint » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:52 am

Hmm, I wonder if Charlie can cancel whatever is keeping Wanda alive, or whether it was a one time permanent effect. Or if anything else can dispell whatever that thing was. Either way, that's a crap way to live, if you ask me.
What Parson's slogan should have been: "We break things. Sometimes that even works."
randint

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am

I would never ride one of those high horses. Those things are terrifying.

Also...so if this isn't a permanent healing does that mean Charlie still has to do this for Wanda every now and again? Or does Wanda know the spell and every hundred turns she has to get a healomancer to link up and do it again? Does Wanda have an as yet unintroduced healomancer contact in the MK? Maybe Betsy got away? Find out in the next thrilling installment of Erfworld! Probably not though. Maybe eventually we will find out :p

I like seeing Charlie have fun.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Not Me » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 am

“Meet us in the Wizard’s Hall.”

I was curious the link up was made in the Wizard's Hall and not on the tower to get the boost.

“Let the Healomancer take the altar!”

“Silence! You’ll soon raze this city. This is my final chance to employ this apparatus and appear as...the Wizaaaaard!”

So the Altar was an "apparatus" and it gave Charlie the ability to appear as "the Wizaaaaard!"

Betsy and Wanda were in a trance, and the big green head had vanished. It appeared only once during the procedure, to glare and shoot warning flames when Jillian dared to go over and look inside the little room behind the curtains where Judy had been hiding.

Anyone else wants to find out what was in that little room?
Too bad FAQ is going to raze the city since Parson won't have a chance to inspect it to maybe learn more about Charlie.
Not Me

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

Mikalyaran wrote:I would never ride one of those high horses. Those things are terrifying.

Yes, they are! They look so angry.

If it isn't a cure, then it probably needs regular application, has some drawbacks or both. Perhaps the Wanda we know and love is still feeling the pain of withdrawal and a craving for more? Makes one wonder how she'd react to being offered a bud.
Jabberwocky

Postby warriortribble » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:49 am

“The link is still active. It is your turn, Jillian of Faq!”

This part confuses me. I thought Charlie needed to link with the Signamancer in order to create a binding spell.

Also, "Charlie McWizardface..." In my mind this is canon no matter what other people/plot revelations say. :)
Last edited by warriortribble on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Squall83 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:51 am

Jillian looked up at it. “I can see up your nose,” she said.

I bet that was meant to mean "up yours!". It could even mean "Up yours, Wizard!", which is a quote from one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld Novels called "Eric" (the parrot talking to Rincewind).
Squall83

Postby Not Me » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:18 am

warriortribble wrote:

This part confuses me. I thought Charlie needed to link with the Signamancer in order to create a binding spell.

I guess Charlie meant to "cure" Jillian as well as Wanda
Not Me

Postby Not Me » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 am

Mikalyaran wrote:Also...so if this isn't a permanent healing does that mean Charlie still has to do this for Wanda every now and again? Or does Wanda know the spell and every hundred turns she has to get a healomancer to link up and do it again? Does Wanda have an as yet unintroduced healomancer contact in the MK? Maybe Betsy got away? Find out in the next thrilling installment of Erfworld! Probably not though. Maybe eventually we will find out :p

I would expect the "cure" was just one application and doesn't need Charlie to still be supplying the healing.
Still, the "cure" might not be complete and I guess Wanda's constant headache has something to do with this.

PS: Sorry for the double post.
Not Me

Postby No one in particular » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am

Oh ho ho! It just hit me- this is why Lady Sylvia was so keen on Wanda. It wasn't JUST the 'Pliers, it was that they were BOTH saved by applications of Carnymancy to cheat the rules on croaking.

Sylvia had Jojo... Wanda has Charlie. And we saw how well things worked out for Sylvia in the end...

Also, I like seeing that Charlie's got a little bit of sentimentality to him. "You're going to burn this place down, so this is my last chance to play with this stuff! Come on, let me have SOME fun!"
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Sixty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

Not Me wrote:
warriortribble wrote:

I guess Charlie meant to "cure" Jillian as well as Wanda

By "It is your turn" I assume he meant it was time for Jillian to take the Deal of a Lifetime thing.
Sixty

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:51 am

Hmmm so interesting to see that Betsy's failure to cure Wanda sooner wasn't for lack of effort/interest, so she scores some bonus points there.
On the flip side however, this shows us that the Court was indeed aware of the severity of her illness and made her stand "trial" for Croakamancy anyway, so they're still jerks.

On the "your turn" thing, do we know if Labeler has to actually be in the link for the signing? Seems to me the spell has already been crafted and units just have to accept it to be included. If that's the case, then Jillian could agree by linking with Charlie as she is also being cured, 2 birds with 1 link lol.

Also, it's unclear if Wanda is actually in the Link or if she's the subject of it. If she's in it, that's the first time we have seen Charlie tri-link, which would mean he CAN facilitate a link that includes Think + Carny + 2
Last edited by 0beron on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 am

0beron wrote:On the "your turn" thing, do we know if Labeler has to actually be in the link for the signing? Seems to me the spell has already been crafted and units just have to accept it to be included. If that's the case, then Jillian could agree by linking with Charlie as she is also being cured, 2 birds with 1 link lol.

I think we can conclude that Labeler is not required for subsequent signings, on account of his (probably?) being in meditation when it was signed.

0beron wrote:Also, it's unclear if Wanda is actually in the Link or if she's the subject of it. If she's in it, that's the first time we have seen Charlie tri-link, which would mean he CAN facilitate a link that includes Think +3

I would be astonished if she was in the link.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby derfy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:23 am

Heavens to Betsy Murgatroyd, that was a good update!
derfy
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:42 am

I'll be honest, I was expecting the high horse to be a plant based mount. Like a hedge animal sculpture or something.
This is the Brontosword not having a hatchet face like the saw horse all over again. = (
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 pm

What a fantastic update. Seeing Charlie "goofing off" was awesome.
GWvsJohn

Postby Angband » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Just in case anybody doesn't get the joke with the High Horse's creepy face...

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-120 ... horse+mask

...it's an internet meme where people take photos with this mask in all kinds of odd places.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Talisid » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:01 pm

$20 says that this is the exact same spell that restored Silvia.

Wait a second, what if this spell is what causes Wanda to be obsessed with her fate? We know for a fact that Silvia was similarly obsessed with her own fate and (hypothetically) was saved by the same spell.

We also know that Charlie probably used this spell on himself.
Talisid

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Talisid wrote:$20 says that this is the exact same spell that saved Sylvia.
I doubt it, including Betsy makes the spell pretty specific to Healomancy and the situation at hand. Plus Unaroyal didn't have a Think OR Healomancer, so Sylvia couldn't have been saved this way
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Not Me » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:24 pm

0beron wrote:
Talisid wrote:$20 says that this is the exact same spell that saved Sylvia.
I doubt it, including Betsy makes the spell pretty specific to Healomancy and the situation at hand. Plus Unaroyal didn't have a Think OR Healomancer, so Sylvia couldn't have been saved this way

I couldn't find anything in here that suggests what happened to Sylvia was done by Unaroyal casters other than Jojo making a "trade".
The only thing I've heard is speculation in the forums that the "trade" Jojo made somehow involved Charlie but no other involvement from Unaroyal casters (actually, from Queen Bea's reaction over "all the fuss over a Level 1 stabber" I would expect no Unaroyal casters other than Jojo to even "try" to get involved in this matter so whatever saved Sylvia probably came from outside Unaroyal.
Not Me

Next

Return to Reactions