The Erfabet updates have said pretty clearly that Book 3 will have its own Kickstarter.Here's one such update
and here's another
The Erfabet book was supposed to be the smaller of two Kickstarters this year. The larger one, with a $45,000 goal, is planned for August. The purpose of that one will be to fund David to draw all of Book 3. His original inks for that book will be offered as the primary donor rewards.
So one logical thing to do at this point would be to combine the two projects and make a push right now to fund Book 3. But I really prefer to wait until the epilogues start posting. I don't think it's right to ask the fans to fund David until you've had a chance to see more of his work.
The Next Project - Book 3
We're not going to launch the Book 3 Kickstarter until we're well into the epilogues, maybe even finished with them. We have more work to do on developing and refining our process, and the real test will come when David and I are working together to tell the story. I want to see how that goes before deciding how to proceed with the next book, and the 25 updates/50 illustrations of the epilogues will be the perfect test.
Based on this, I'm assuming that we'll have the second Kickstarter sometime in November and Book 3 will resume the fully comic format thereafter.