Epilogue 19 – Caesar and Bill

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Epilogue 19 – Caesar and Bill

Postby peteratjet » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 am

peteratjet

Postby WarFAN » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 am

So now Caesar has:

- The respect and supporting of TV´s Warlords.
- The love of TV´s Thinkamancer and most valuable caster.
- Dirt on the arguably second-most-valuable-caster of the Side.

Yeah, that´s gonna be a hell of a coup...
WarFAN

Postby Oberon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 am

Nice reference to grappa.
I enjoy grappa myself. It is an excellent use of the pomace from winemaking. As a home winemaker, I applaud the use of the pomace to make grappa. I cannot make grappa myself as the laws surrounding liqueur manufacture are rather restrictive, but several grappa distillers make a fine product.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby M.A.D » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 am

Intocabille_CZ wrote:
Shai_hulud wrote:I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

Wait what? So... if unit is strong enough to survive.. lets say a missing arm, then next turn they get their arm magically regrown and they are full HP... so if that is true, a unit could like chop off an arm, and well... use it as rations and repeat next turn? Whoa man...

Also are there cannibal tribes in Erfworld then?

I imagine the healing of the wounds and mending of clothes would have to come from somewhere, maybe a couple of extra Schmuckers from the Side
M.A.D

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 am

Intocabille_CZ wrote:snip

Caesar threatened to literally drink Jillian's blood in book one. I'm thinking that was pretty literal.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Tonot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 pm

gukolai wrote:And yes you should definitively try and google that :lol:

Annnnd, it will surprised on one when I confirm you really really shouldn't if you are easily disturbed. :o :shock: :( .
Tonot

Postby jfiskars » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Lipkin wrote:I do now remember Vinny calling TV's Dollmancer a pervert. I can see why.

When did that happen?
jfiskars

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm

He means Ace Hardware. Here:
Ace Hardware wrote:"I'm just saying, it doesn't have to be all raiment and animal golems. It can get really good!" He punctuated this by punching his open palm. "You got all kinds of Stuff you can do. I do plush, but I don't like it. I don't like dolls, either. That pervert they got in Transylvito...eesh. That ain't me, all right?"
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby JohnATallon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

peteratjet wrote:Another possible reference ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Planet_Called_Treason

That was one of Card's more interesting books, though the main character's rapid collection of superpowers throughout the book and the fantastic deus ex machina elements really detracted from the story. A story about a renegade regenerating royal playing politics on an iron-poor planet would have been way more interesting than a story about a guy gaining enough magic powers to become a one-man terrorist organization.
JohnATallon

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Or else it gets the hose again, lol.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm sorry, but it sounded like you were responding to the Planet Called Treason post above you. I luled.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby IronBear » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:01 pm

twhitt wrote:I would love to know why two of TV's casters don't seem to have been popped there, being apparently unrelated to the dominant tribe of vampires. Benjamin also has been at odds with his Ruler; maybe he's a turned unit? I can see some reasons why you wouldn't want a turned caster in the field, leaving them safely occupied in the Dungeon spending all their juice every turn on golems.

Assuming they wouldn't actually attack their ruler no matter how low their loyalty, leaving them at home gives them fewer opportunities to defect, be captured, or fail to otherwise give 100% for the side. It backfired with Wanda, yeah, but for reasons unrelated to these strategic ones.

My guess is is that Ben is an inheirted unit. Transylvito is an OLD side. Very likely older that old Faq and Jetstone. My guess is that Transylvito inherited him from a nation destroyed by Haffaton. Why?

1) Ben's signamancy points to him being an old and wise unit.
2) Ben interacts with Don as more of a friend then a follower.
3) Ben looks nothing like the standard Transylvito unit.
4) It fits from the history of the area (Transylvito is a pre-Haffaton's fall side that was near Haffaton. Haffaton had a lot of capital sites, and most sides have only one capital site)

I would not be surprised to find out that Ben even lead his own side at one time, but lost it to Haffaton.
IronBear

Postby IronBear » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Lamech wrote:Well hell, so Bill is slowly creating a super golem? How did they miss the upkeep cost for that? Do golem's not have one then? Well hell.

My guess is that golems can either be powered by smuckers or juice. So Bill could keep his golem off the books by paying for its upkeep with his spare juice.
IronBear

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 pm

I don't think that Ben and Bill are neccessarily from other sides, since casters seem to be more unique. In fact wasn't the Warlord/Governer of one city a Vampire but couldn't fly? And same for Don? So there may be some variance possible when it comes to units popping. Non-vampire Warlords don't last as long because they're not valuable, but a non-vampire caster holds value even without those specials so they would be protected and live longer.
If anything, Transylvito's age IMO is a mark against Ben & Bill being foreign units. A side as old as Transylvito should have 3 casters of their own, plus any they managed to capture. So the fact that they only have 3 tells me they've failed to capture any. I feel like if they once had more who have since croaked, it would have been mentioned. Like "Geez, I sure wish we still had Elvira our Wierdomancer." ya know?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Suddenly I'm expecting Bill to get a sex change into a Kawaii girl with Death's Head Moth themed outfits. I have no idea why.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 pm

That would be uber-cool.
Lamech

Postby Arky » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 pm

0beron wrote:I don't think that Ben and Bill are neccessarily from other sides, since casters seem to be more unique. In fact wasn't the Warlord/Governer of one city a Vampire but couldn't fly? And same for Don? So there may be some variance possible when it comes to units popping. Non-vampire Warlords don't last as long because they're not valuable, but a non-vampire caster holds value even without those specials so they would be protected and live longer.
If anything, Transylvito's age IMO is a mark against Ben & Bill being foreign units. A side as old as Transylvito should have 3 casters of their own, plus any they managed to capture. So the fact that they only have 3 tells me they've failed to capture any. I feel like if they once had more who have since croaked, it would have been mentioned. Like "Geez, I sure wish we still had Elvira our Wierdomancer." ya know?

Most of Erfworld, and definitely Transylvito, is in a state of perpetual war. I'm sure they've had casters die. We know Jetstone has had that and Haffaton had it in spades. It just happens and most of the units move on without referring to the dead (Slately's attachment to his former dollamancer is clearly unusual). And we haven't seen so much of Transylvito that we'd expect them to definitely refer to past dead casters.
Arky

Postby No one in particular » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh, god. I just had an idea.

That whole "harvest limbs from a unit, since they'll regenerate the next turn" idea? What if THAT is why Bill has this thing in the pit?

He didn't cobble the TitP out of spare Doll parts... he makes Dolls out of harvested TitP parts.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

No one in particular wrote:Oh, god. I just had an idea.

That whole "harvest limbs from a unit, since they'll regenerate the next turn" idea? What if THAT is why Bill has this thing in the pit?

He didn't cobble the TitP out of spare Doll parts... he makes Dolls out of harvested TitP parts.

Shai_hulud on the second page in the post that started this whole conversation wrote:I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

...Am I on your foe list?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:
No one in particular wrote:Oh, god. I just had an idea.

Shai_hulud on the second page wrote:I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

Am I on your foe list?

Sorry, I may have sped over the last line of your theory there, thought your theory was about skinning captured units and turning that into Doll-leather. Mea culpa.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions