Epilogue 21 – Vinny

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Epilogue 21 – Vinny

Postby balder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue 21 – Vinny

Postby Nargrakhan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:21 pm

And so this how the insurrection begins? With a drunken note?
Nargrakhan
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Konaa » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Some of the greatest revolutions in history started with too much wine.
You didn't wish for this world, Parson Gotti. It wished for you.
Konaa

Postby No one in particular » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Ey, Vinny! Man, it's been ages since we heard from him.

Also: nice boxers.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Denar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Wow, good to see caesar being proactive instead of binging in the dungeons! I bet Vinny will be against it, up until the moment he sees Jillian moping over Ansom.
Denar

Postby SNfinity » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Why would Caesar want to conquer Faq instead of Transylvito? Unless he plans to take both?
SNfinity

Postby Denar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:46 pm

SNfinity wrote:Why would Caesar want to conquer Faq instead of Transylvito? Unless he plans to take both?
I think he must want to spin off his own side. I guess he is also angry at Jillian personally, he never really ever held her in anything but contempt, and transylvito wasted a lot of schmuckers on her. But from his own thoughts, we know that he still feels loyal to Don (yet incredibly paranoid, their relationship is under a lot of strain). but I would imagine that he would takeover Transylvito once he owns FAQ, and doesn't have to overcome his own duty towards Don
Denar

Postby Sixty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Oh, this has been a long time coming, interesting to see it starting to get set in motion.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:49 pm

SNfinity wrote:Why would Caesar want to conquer Faq instead of Transylvito? Unless he plans to take both?

It depends on what he wants with Faq.

Option 1: Sack Faq
Caesar just wants to raze Faq to the ground for the shmuckers and refill TVs treasury.
This makes sense if Caesar is Loyal to TV and thinks it's the best way to keep the Side from going bankrupt.

Option 2: Conquer Faq
Casaer has given up on Don & TV, and is breaking off to form his own side.
This makes sense if Caesar just wants power & the Freedom to be his own Ruler. After all, TV is practically bankrupt at this point, and there's no point in being the captain of a sinking ship.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Mrtyuh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Not necessarily. Remember that this is a drunken note, so Caesar isn't thinking clearly. In his mind, he may think he'll conquer Faq, and Don, seeing the error of his ways, will welcome the conquering hero back. In Caesar's mind, everything started going wrong when Jillian was put on the throne, and he may think removing her from the throne will fix everything. It may not occur to him that his return from conquering Faq may be like his namesake's return from Gaul. Of course, that's speculation, but I don't think it's obvious that this is the first step in overthrowing Don, at least not intentionally.

Ninja'd.
Last edited by Mrtyuh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Nargrakhan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Something that's been bothering me... At what point or under what circumstances can a unit disobey a disband command from his ruler? I mean, it seems easy enough for a ruler to kill his would be usurper with a simple thought... and that sorta makes insurrections difficult to pull off unless it's a behind the scene assassination. Still, if the kill isn't instantaneous enough, a ruler's last thought could be to disband the most likely traitor. By the same token, how does one break Duty to their ruler for betrayal? It's one thing to disobey instructions for the good of the king, but an entirely different thing to disobey instructions that allow you to kill the king.
Nargrakhan
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby IronBear » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:02 pm

I knew there was a reason why Ceaser was Chief Warlord. A quick fire conquest of Faq with some loyalists would allow Ceaser to set up his own side before Don can react. Plus stupid Jillian is just building up big fat treasury to boot. If he is quick he can pull this off before Jillian returns.

The weak point is Vinny.

I personally hope that Ceaser succeeds.

My prediction is that we know that the spinoff has started when Bunny takes a trip to the Magic Kingdom.
IronBear

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 pm

As always, Rob manages to surprise us. All this talk about what Ceasar would do within TV (with some debate about TV as a whole going after FAQ perhaps) but never once did we consider Ceasar spinning off, IIRC.
This miiiiight give us more insight into spinning off, because if that is indeed what Ceasar plans, it suggests you do not need Ruler consent as we previously suspected. But once again it's an heir(designate) doing it, so we ave yet to see suggestion that it can be just anyone.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Tv is broke, and now on the losing end against Carpool because they couldn't retake the city they keep ransoming back to them. Cesar keeps seeing them throw bad money after worse and is trying to figure out if he can take a cadre of units loyal to him and get a small side to himself.
fjolnir

Postby lonetrey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:19 pm

I really like the narration of this Epilogue, the accent was what sold me. :D
lonetrey

Postby crex90 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

I can't tell if the note is saying: "Get me an inventory of the units, because I plan to conquer FAQ" or "Get me 1) an inventory of the units and 2) a plan to conquer FAQ".

If the latter, it could be a just-in-case scenario.
"You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way." - Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
"All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." - Orson Scott Card, Children of the Mind
crex90
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Noigel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I think he wants to leverage FAQ to conquer TV. Not conquer FAQ.
Noigel

Postby ManaCaster » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Noigel wrote:I think he wants to leverage FAQ to conquer TV. Not conquer FAQ.

Why would he do that? Transylvito is his side, not Faq. Faq is run by a crazy maniac Queen who tried to croak him for bringing her bad news.
ManaCaster

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Denar wrote:Wow, good to see caesar being proactive instead of binging in the dungeons! I bet Vinny will be against it, up until the moment he sees Jillian moping over Ansom.

I doubt it. Vinny ain't the kind of guy to be so vindictive that he would betray his lover just because she left him for someone else; especially when that someone else is her old boyfriend and his close friend. Nah, Vinny's too cool for that. Which is all the more reason why its so disappointing that everything around him is about to turn into a huge mess. Vinny's too cool to have his life get messed up.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Doesn't sound like Vinny and Jillian's relationship is all that healthy right now. He likes her just slightly more than a hat! Not to mention that she just left him to get back her ex-boyfriend.

I do wonder how he's going to handle a 3-way conflict in Loyalty.
ManaCaster

Next

Return to Reactions