Craftworld (Rules Test)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Craftworld (Rules Test)

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

How big are the hexes? Would we by default know if another player entered a hex?

What happens if two players want to do the same thing (mostly involving animals, I'd assume)
GWvsJohn

Postby tigerusthegreat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:20 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:How big are the hexes? Would we by default know if another player entered a hex?

What happens if two players want to do the same thing (mostly involving animals, I'd assume)

A hex is about the size of a medium city IRL. Unless you interact, then there's no reason you would know about one another. Since there is no sneak attack mechanic, and no advantage to be gained by sneaking up on someone mechanically, I think this is fair and balanced.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Some Patch notes from the other game that I am adding here (I will work all these up into one post/document when I get some free time):

Patch Note: Starting with the next turn, will updat Attack attribute of items to be called Attack Str(ength) to prevent confusion with the Attack player stat.

Note on Experimentation: When you level up a blueprint, you gain experimentation points. You can select where to use these each time you craft an item, and each point improves that attribute by points * 10% (so 2 points improves it by 20%). You can spread these points over any amount of attributes you'd like, and reassign them at will every time you craft that blueprint.

Additionally, When you give me your information for Turn 5 (next turn after this), you will get attribute to assign to your stats. You will get 1 additional attribute every 5 turns after that. These attributes will take effect the turn after (turn 6 in this case).

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 pm

So I just realized I read the movement rules wrong. I had been interpretting it as "Moving to another hex cost 1 Energy, but if one is a Plains hex, you can move 2 hexes with 1 energy." not this 1 hex/turn flat limit. I feel like my original interpretation is more apropriate...if someone wants to use up all their energy moving to a specific goal then I say let them.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

0beron wrote:So I just realized I read the movement rules wrong. I had been interpretting it as "Moving to another hex cost 1 Energy, but if one is a Plains hex, you can move 2 hexes with 1 energy." not this 1 hex/turn flat limit. I feel like my original interpretation is more apropriate...if someone wants to use up all their energy moving to a specific goal then I say let them.

You can move 2 hexes if they are plains, it just takees 2 energy total

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm

I understand that, I just think that it's a needless restraint. If someone wants to burn energy moving far away, go ahead and let them. If you want to set plains apart as easier to move through, then reduce the energy cost for plains.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:08 pm

0beron wrote:I understand that, I just think that it's a needless restraint. If someone wants to burn energy moving far away, go ahead and let them. If you want to set plains apart as easier to move through, then reduce the energy cost for plains.

I think I might change that, not sure yet.

Ruling in general, in order to move 2 hexes, 2 of the three hexes you will occupy during the turn must be plains (so if you start in a plains, enter another plains, and head into another hex you are good, same if you start in a plains, head to a different hex, then head to a plaisn)

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Previous

Return to Your Games