Postby balder » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:35 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue 24 - Tramennis and Charlie

Postby Ambug666 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Ambug666

Postby FlyinFungi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:41 pm

We are seeing the diplomatic son drop the diplomatic balls of steel. Can't wait to see how his relationship with Charlie plays out and if Charlie will manipulate the information he gives to his advantage (I guess yes). Love the voice acting on Tramennis, fits him perfectly.

So what do you guys think Charlie's strategy is?
FlyinFungi
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby (name here) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Charlie should probably be upfront and honest for once. Trem is smart enough he's liable to notice deception and angry enough to tell Charlie to take a hike over it regardless of the tactical situation.

Charlie is likely to try to take out Stanley before he gets to Spacerock. At the moment the Magic Kingdom group is cut off from the rest of GK's troops, and it would be a good idea to keep them from linking up. But they've got too much firepower to directly assault within the MK and probably won't head back through the portal until help can get there and secure it.
(name here)

Postby Manic Oppressive » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Can I get an "Oh snap?"
Why yes, I do like Jillian. WHAT OF IT?
Manic Oppressive

Postby niklinna » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm

This update almost gives me hopes that Tramennis and Parson could ally. I like them too much to see them fighting.
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby fjolnir » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 pm

This is the point where we start to see everything start to shift. Charlie being a master mercenary with his finger in every pie is no longer being considered an asset by those he wants to ally with. Whether or not this dossier changes more than where the lines of permissible activity is for Charlie in this theater remains to be seen, but I think this is another step towards "Everyone against Charlescomm" where the major sides end up drawing lines that at least marginalize his influence and his lashing back against it will show his true colors to at least the members of the West such as Jetstone, TV, and GK...
fjolnir

Postby Krennson » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Very nice diplomatic strategy. Tramennis has Charlie caught between several horns at once.

Reasons CharlesCom needs Jetstone:
Charlie still needs the Archon prisoner returned, alive.
Charlie will likely need the RCC II coalition to assist in fighting Gobwin Know, and Jetstone leads the Coalition.
Charlie needs continuing mercenary contracts to pay for his army, and Jetstone has enough information to continue to sink those contracts.

Reasons Jetstone can threaten to hold a grudge against CharlesCom:
Personally, Trammenis just lost his FATHER, specifically from a plan hatched by CharlesCom.
Professionaly, Trammenis also lost his capital city, a large number of forces, a caster, and his only chance at parley, again, thanks in large part to Charlie's meddling. If Jillian and Hagar had stuck around, Jetstone might have come out much better in that fight. And Charlie is arguably to blame for why they didn't.
Strategically, Jetstone doesn't know what Charlescom wants, why they want it, or whether or not those interests can be reconciled with the needs of Jetstone in the current war.

Put all those reasons together, and this is the PERFECT time for Tramennis to hold a grudge and demand concessions and honesty from Charlescom. And he think he knows it. It's always such a pleasure when your sense of professionalism tells you that it's appropriate to publicly endulge a personal grudge.
Krennson

Postby BCCroaker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Ambug666 wrote:Charles de Gaulle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Gaulle

Is Tramennis being Churchill - or Roosevelt? It almost sounds like a parody of WWII relations among the Allies.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Krennson wrote:Reasons Jetstone can threaten to hold a grudge against CharlesCom:
Personally, Trammenis just lost his FATHER, specifically from a plan hatched by CharlesCom.
Professionaly, Trammenis also lost his capital city, a large number of forces, a caster, and his only chance at parley, again, thanks in large part to Charlie's meddling. If Jillian and Hagar had stuck around, Jetstone might have come out much better in that fight. And Charlie is arguably to blame for why they didn't.
Strategically, Jetstone doesn't know what Charlescom wants, why they want it, or whether or not those interests can be reconciled with the needs of Jetstone in the current war.

Put all those reasons together, and this is the PERFECT time for Tramennis to hold a grudge and demand concessions and honesty from Charlescom. And he think he knows it. It's always such a pleasure when your sense of professionalism tells you that it's appropriate to publicly endulge a personal grudge.
To be fair, Jetstone had it's keister hauled out of the Inferno by Charlie more than anything else.

• GK totally bypassed Jetstone's forces, and were parked over the City. Who ended their Turn, trapping them in the airspace? Charlie.
  • Who told them NOT to talk to GK or give them time to do anything? Charlie.
  • Haggar had no intention of helping Jetstone. They were going to let GK & J duke it out and pounce on the winner. Who forced them into action, giving Jillian a chance to capture Ansom and cripple GK by taking the Chief Warlord bonus? Charlie.
  • Who offered the bounties that let Slately name an Heir, after the plea to TV fell through? Charlie.
  • Tramennis TOLD Slately to escape the City; it was Slately who refused and rode into battle with the Archons. Charlie's plans had nothing to do with it.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby badninja » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Charlie has over played his hand here. He can no longer play the part of the insufferable genius that he has always played, his abilities have taken two major hits recently and he is in major trouble. Charlie is still trying to play the old game but not many people are wanting to play with him anymore (much like Belkar), he needs to change his priorities because if he does not when the piper comes calling he will be all alone. Tram knows that Charlie has not been playing fairly and whats to know what the heck is going on and why they are happening.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Konaa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 pm

DAMN, Charlie just got told.
You didn't wish for this world, Parson Gotti. It wished for you.
Konaa

Postby Lipkin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:35 pm

The only thing missing from this update was a mic drop.
Lipkin

Postby Seþex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:23 pm

I can just say that this was a Trammenisly ansom chapter. Looking forward to the next book, even if it might take a while.
Seþex

Postby drachefly » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:31 pm

No one in particular wrote:To be fair, Jetstone had it's keister hauled out of the Inferno by Charlie more than anything else.

Yes. Still, it's a good time for Tramennis to get a better sense of what Charlie's up to.
drachefly

Postby MonteCristo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Really, this chapter just left me with a feeling of "Oh snap!"
One thing i have to had... That outfit is a great look for Tram. Though i don't think the crown will work so well

No one in particular wrote:
Krennson wrote:Reasons Jetstone can threaten to hold a grudge against CharlesCom:

To be fair, Jetstone had it's keister hauled out of the Inferno by Charlie more than anything else.

• GK totally bypassed Jetstone's forces, and were parked over the City. Who ended their Turn, trapping them in the airspace? Charlie.
  • Haggar had no intention of helping Jetstone. They were going to let GK & J duke it out and pounce on the winner. Who forced them into action, giving Jillian a chance to capture Ansom and cripple GK by taking the Chief Warlord bonus? Charlie.
  • Who offered the bounties that let Slately name an Heir, after the plea to TV fell through? Charlie.
  • Tramennis TOLD Slately to escape the City; it was Slately who refused and rode into battle with the Archons. Charlie's plans had nothing to do with it.

Well one thing you have to take into account, is that Tram is clever enough to know that Charlie has been in this battle since the beginning and has been manipulating many of the steps. Tram doesn't know the exact extent to charlie's role since Charlie tried to keep his role a secret. Heck you could even speculate that its possible that if Charlie had been more upfront about his assitance he might avoided some of the losses they sufferred... and that speculation might be right considering that Charlie thinkamancy hacking could mean he knew A LOT more about the battle than Jetstone could have ever known.

Heck it could be that Charlie KNEW about the foolamancy with the dwagons which is why he prepared Jillian with the king's world spell; he knew they would bypass the ground forces and thus could trap them in the airspace... if Charlie warned Jetstone about the dwagons, they would have prepared to defend the capitol from an air attack rather than meeting the enemy at the bridge. This could have meant the difference between Ossomer's life and death.

Another would be the bounty offer. Charlie could have simply loaned Jetstone the smuckers to promote Tram, but he wanted those Archon's gone. Wanting to promote Tram to heir to secure the kingdom and prepare it for a brighter future is what drove Slately to fight to his demise. Had charlie simply loaned Jetstone the Smuckers, instead of giving them a bounty offer(which was to secure Charlie's PERSONAL interests), Slately might have never road out like he did

Jillian is another one. Jillian is where Charlie's attempts at manipulation failed... Jillian left under the belief that jetstone's victory was assured; Charlie tried to get her to turn around, but not only did he anger her with his attempt on Ansom, but he refused to be specific about how GK would turn the tide. Had Charlie told Jillian what GK was planning, she might have turned around and saved the day.

These are all what-if's scenerio's and charlie is NOT the only one to blame for how things played out; you could argue that things would have played out the same or differently... But when you play the role of the master manipulator, act as though you controlled many aspects of the battle, treat your allies like pawns, withhold information from your allies to either keep your own hand hidden or to better manipulate them, then you must be prepared to accept some responsibility when things go wrong. In a sense, you could say that if Charlie had played his card's differently, Slately and Ossomer might have lived, Jetstone may have won and/or Lord hamster would have croaked.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Arky » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:42 pm

No one in particular wrote:

Yeah. I mean, if not for Charlie Gobwin Knob would have stomped Jetstone in a straight up battle. "Kingworld" is what gave Jetstone not only a chance but the advantage. Then all those things you listed are examples of where Charlie either assisted Jetstone or would have if they'd listened to him.

The one thing they can blame Charlie for, grudgingly, is a plan which relied on Jillian. Everyone knows Jillian is unreliable. Still, after Kingworld if they attack the GK forces without giving Parson the time to work out the harvest plan, they still win easily.

Satisfying as it is for us the readers to see Tramennis slap down Charlie (especially as I think a lot of us would like to see Parson and Tramennis get a chance to talk and become friends/allies) Charlie has some very, very good responses to Tram's ultimatum and so this might well be a hope spot before Tram throws Jetstone's lot in with Charlie once again.
Arky

Postby Kaigen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

niklinna wrote:This update almost gives me hopes that Tramennis and Parson could ally. I like them too much to see them fighting.
On the contrary, this update shows me why Tramennis may well be the best opponent for Parson. This could be the beginnings of a brilliant military rivalry.

"Parson, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"
Kaigen

Postby hehehe426 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 pm

But seriously, Charlie-owning aside
Tram looks GREAT in that bottom picture. David did a really good job.
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby LordAcme » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 pm

OWNED.

Very very awesome T. "The right son" indeed.
LordAcme
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions