The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 pm


What about one of these things?
http://comic.nodwick.com/?p=765
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
User avatar
Nnelg
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Internets the World of Webs


Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Shai_hulud » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 am

Weird(Flying)+Turn(Vehicles)
http://lipatov.deviantart.com/art/KIEV- ... -140822352
Edit*
Actually, thinking about it more I think this wouldn't even need a tricaster link, like the eyebook improvement. So never mind. -.-
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay so I need some help with Parson-style scheming. Reading Book 2 Page 111 & 112, it seems to me that Parson is gambling on a way to save Jack without using Decryption. (It's also possible he's just doing something with strategy and the mention of Jack was just juxtaposed in panels rather than an actual continuation of his line of thought)
Assuming this is correct, I'm having trouble figuring out how bringing the bodies to the MK could help this goal at all....unless he has another game-breaker link in mind and he needs some Caster that GK doesn't have.
I'm guessing it'd entail Wanda with Maggie or Issac...but who could that third be in order to restore a unit to full life?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby wih » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 pm

0beron wrote:Okay so I need some help with Parson-style scheming. Reading Book 2 Page 111 & 112, it seems to me that Parson is gambling on a way to save Jack without using Decryption. (It's also possible he's just doing something with strategy and the mention of Jack was just juxtaposed in panels rather than an actual continuation of his line of thought)
Assuming this is correct, I'm having trouble figuring out how bringing the bodies to the MK could help this goal at all....unless he has another game-breaker link in mind and he needs some Caster that GK doesn't have.
I'm guessing it'd entail Wanda with Maggie or Issac...but who could that third be in order to restore a unit to full life?

I'm guessing a Healomancer/Croakamancer tri-link.
wih
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:35 pm

My thought as well. Given the foreshadowing from Sylvia, I was also considering a Carny, maybe even JoJo. But they already have that Healomancer who was willing to help them before so they might get her back. Maybe Luckamancy even, ya know "Pray for a miracle" so to speak haha.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby wih » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:08 pm

0beron wrote:My thought as well. Given the foreshadowing from Sylvia, I was also considering a Carny, maybe even JoJo. But they already have that Healomancer who was willing to help them before so they might get her back. Maybe Luckamancy even, ya know "Pray for a miracle" so to speak haha.


If it was going to be a Carny/ X mix to bring back the dead, it would be Heal/Carnie, not Croak/Carnie IMHO.
wih
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 pm

wih wrote:If it was going to be a Carny/ X mix to bring back the dead, it would be Heal/Carnie, not Croak/Carnie IMHO.

I thought of that as well, but it seems too obvious to me. It doesn't exactly take a lateral thinking genius like Parson to come up with an idea like that, so I figure Erflings would have tried it before. In fact, I'd bet that ANY possible combo has been tried before to bring the dead back for real, since it's such an obvious goal. Which leads me to believe that if it's possible, it'd have to involve the 'Pliers since previous attempts wouldn't have had that.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby wih » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 pm

0beron wrote:
wih wrote:If it was going to be a Carny/ X mix to bring back the dead, it would be Heal/Carnie, not Croak/Carnie IMHO.

I thought of that as well, but it seems too obvious to me. It doesn't exactly take a lateral thinking genius like Parson to come up with an idea like that, so I figure Erflings would have tried it before. In fact, I'd bet that ANY possible combo has been tried before to bring the dead back for real, since it's such an obvious goal. Which leads me to believe that if it's possible, it'd have to involve the 'Pliers since previous attempts wouldn't have had that.


Agreed, which is why my money would be on Croak+Pliers/Healo.
wih
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby 0beron » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 am

Lamech wrote:Now recall how Sizemore allowed Wanda to work her magic on the volcano even though it normally isn't valid for uncroaking? Think of the things that could do with other caster types.
Flower+Dirt: [build a farm]
Kudos to Lamech, this has actually been confirmed in general terms by Rob at a convention :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Lipkin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 am

I wonder if a Signamancer linked with a Croakamancer could make a Necronomicon.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:02 am

Ooooooh yeah! Actually, one of the players in the Erfgames I run/play in got to talk with Rob at length when he attended a con, and from that we learned a TON about Signamancy. Books and other recorded information are Signamancy. So Signamancers in a link would probably serve a very universal purpose much like Thinkamancers do. The link would be able to create some magic item book about the third discipline, which could be used to teach other casters about it, or to train casters less experienced in the magic than the one who created it.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Necro-om-nom-nom-icon?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Dear God, and Parson has access to Thinkamancers and signamancers! And a dollamancer, and a dirtamancer, and a foolamancer, and then he'll have nine areas to sell books on. Probably in exchange for entering a link to make more books, guys, guys this is going downhill fast.
0beron wrote:
Lamech wrote:Now recall how Sizemore allowed Wanda to work her magic on the volcano even though it normally isn't valid for uncroaking? Think of the things that could do with other caster types.
Flower+Dirt: [build a farm]
Kudos to Lamech, this has actually been confirmed in general terms by Rob at a convention :p


Woo! Also neat link. Wait FARMS IN THE MK!
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Lipkin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 pm

This just means Charlescom is going to start book burning.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm

...Wouldn't the Eyemancers do the book burning? Jack said in book 0 that Foolamancy was closely gaurded, and we know the GMtTA don't care much for freedom of information.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Lipkin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:...Wouldn't the Eyemancers do the book burning? Jack said in book 0 that Foolamancy was closely gaurded, and we know the GMtTA don't care much for freedom of information.

If Parson is gaining allies by creating books and spreading information? Charlie would want to shut that down.

But mostly, I was drawing a connection between Charlie's new militant signamancy and book burning.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Are you saying... one of the characters is named Godwin?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby Prodigial_Knight » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Datemancer + Thinkamancer + Healomancer = Genetic Inheritance

A link of this nature, I'm assuming the Life sciences fall under Healomancy, would cast a ritual upon two rulers and the next warlords (kids) they order poped on each side would bear genetic characteristics from both parents.

Example:

Don King of Transylvito <3 Queen Bea of Unaroyal.

Transylvito's units have a certain % chance to get the Flight special and the drink blood special and Unaroyal ones have ... the red hair special.

So if Bee and Don do the ritual Bee's next son/daughter has a chance to get flight and blood sucking while Don's next offspring has a chance to be a hot readhead (increased chance of luring a free meal).

Datemancer + Thinkamancer + Turnomancer = Marriage

A enchantment cast upon two units, needs a special artefact ring to commemorate the event, it adds several bonuses depending on the situation:

1) The two units get a extra untyped bonus when fighting together or to defend the other.
2) They are more resistant to attempts of turning which will place the units on different Sides.
3) May be used by Rulers to strengthen alliances.

A unit may only have 1 spouse at a time.
Prodigial_Knight
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Re: The Amateur Linkamancer's Thread

Postby drachefly » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 am

I'd expect a signamancer on that one, not a turnamancer.
User avatar
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarniDollMancer, Whispri and 3 guests