Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Speaking of Turns, I wonder where all of our natural Turn Orders fall :P I guess we won't know for certain until we're all in each other's battlespace though.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:27 am

Through some meta, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out before too long, if you are willing to share that info. After a few of you interact, it'd just become one of those "A goes before C but after B, and D goes before C" sort of riddles.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:25 am

Hmm, that's true, though I guess that depends on how diplomatic our respective rulers are feeling :P though I feel it might be a bit before we run into each other.

Speaking of exploration, has anyone else found the edge of the world yet? :P
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Little rules update/clarification...after wrestling with the distinct lack of evidence about it in the comic, I have decided that cities can never be "turned off", so they always have to be popping something. It bugs me that we don't have much evidence to go off of here, but I don't think the economic pressure to always be at war would exist if unit production could be shut off.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Hate to be a devils advocate, but couldn't you just pop units than instantly disband them? Its a bit gruesome if you think of units as actual people but it could work from a game perspective of having a city with no production.

While they haven't stated turning off production, they have had sides that haven't been in a war for hundreds of turns and by contract made to only be at half strength. I don't know how a side would be able to keep their army size down for so long without turning off cities or disbanding troops all the time.
HerbieRai

Postby 0beron » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Yeah really I'm on the fence about it because all we have are implications, not confirmations. While the So-Be-It Alliance was at peace with each other, they obviously weren't alone, so we have to assume they were still fighting border skirmishes with their respective non-allied neighbors.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I think the idea fits the comic. It also makes the ghost cities of Haffaton even more eerie if you think if legions of troops popping and disbanding every turn.

In practice, it shouldn't be much of an issue. A level 1 can pop a courtier which is always useful or a special a/b to "waste" production for a low upkeep cost. A level 2 or higher can just pop warlords which take forever and might end up being a caster.
GWvsJohn

Postby Mikalyaran » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:30 am

I felt pretty strongly that cities must always be popping some kind of unit to force eternal war until Crush came out. Now I'm not so sure. and to be fair we don't need that kind of pressure to keep the globe in an eternal state of war in the realy world. The motivations of our rulers seems to be enough to accomplish that. Erfworld might have the same problem. Especially with a scripture telling them war is good and pleasing to the Titans (I'd love an actual look into Titanic Scripture).
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 pm

You could always harvest creatures that you pop if you have those types of units on your side
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Alriiighty, so in the process of helping GW make changes to the Rules that it's too late to implement here, I came across one that I think we could still implement. Uniform basic infantry (Pikers, Stabbers, Archers, and Scouts would be identical for all sides, in terms of stats. Appearance remains customizable)
I will only move forward with this if every single player agrees to it though.
Answers to a few questions I anticipate:
  • This will be a Retconjuration spell. All units that are currently infantry will have their stats changed to the new template. Any units who were once infantry but have been promoted will keep their stats exactly as is.
  • Knights will remain unique to each side, with their stats fully customizable.
  • Scouts will come in two types, Ground and Flying. Each side chooses one or the other at creation (or in this case, you get the type you already have)
  • Mika keeps his Mounts in place of Scouts.
  • Sides with the +2 bonus will pop infantry that are inherently better in a uniform manner, the same way leveling works.
    • Stabbers +3 Hits
    • Pikers +2 Def
    • Archers +2 Com
    • Scouts +2 Move
  • No I'm not going to tell you what the uniform stats will be until after the vote, otherwise you'd be tempted to have a bias. Veil of Ignorance FTW lol.
Are there any further questions or objections?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm all for the change.
GWvsJohn

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Ditto
Mikalyaran

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm not so sure... not to give anything away, but I do have infantry that has been promoted. I'm not sure I'd be so keen on the stats of my current units changing as they are designed with a purpose in mind.

Of course, given that's 2/3 for it, I guess it outweighs my vote. I do have to say that I agree with the change though. It's just something a little jarring to change nearly 30 Turns in.
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm

I'd only do it with universal agreement, so even 1 vote against matters.
I should clarify, those units that were already promoted will keep their stats exaaaaactly the way they are. So infantry that have been made into Knights or Warlords will not see a single change to their stats.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Well, I suppose I'll go for it then. My side bonus is the +2 thing, so it might not even change too much depending on the changes.
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Also, units will still have the same "value" meaning they're built from the same number of points. It's not like I'm nerfing them or anything, just taking away the choice in how to allocate their points.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Yea, I figured.
Sir Shadow

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Maybe I'm tired but I'm not exactly understanding what you're changing..?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Infantry will no longer be unique to each side. Every single Stabber in the world will be the same, same goes for Pikers and Archers. The only possible variations will be based on your choice of side-bonus, but by default basic infantry are identical now.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Kaed wrote:Maybe I'm tired but I'm not exactly understanding what you're changing..?

Rather than allowing each side to customize Stabbers, pikers, archers, scouts, they will be standard across all sides.
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games