Secret of the arkanetools

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Secret of the arkanetools

Postby Lipkin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:45 am

*slow clap*

I wonder if Moneymancers could make blood diamonds? Offensive moneymancy?

Off topic. Sorry.

Anyway, the Tools do kind of seem like typical cheat codes. Extra lives, level skipping, infinite ammo. Not a perfect analogy, because the hammer can do so many things, and because I can't figure a way to make the Dish fit into it.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Would you like to use a life line Charlie?
Yes, I'd like to call some friends Maxwell.
All right, who would you like to call?
Everyone.
What do you mean everyone?
EVERYONE!
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Lipkin wrote:If The Hammer has unlimited Shockamancy, that seems pretty dang useful. He took down a stack of high powered units with a single swing before being blinded by a zerg rush of Orlies. Imagine if he wasn't out an exposed like that, but instead in a superior defensive position like a tower. With proper screening, he could waste an army.

Also, I bet there is a decent chance the Arkenhammer's shockamancy can do broken stuff life fire clear across a hex, or as far as the eye can see. Nothing preventing Stanely from walking up to a hex boarder and opening up on people who can't even defend themselves. In fact he could have done exactly that when Jillian and co almost caught him. Or at GK when Ansom's column pulled up next to the walls and sat for a little bit, he could have started the turn by destroying everything in range.

Hell, what if they tamed the pigeons he produced? 5 nuts = 1 cheap unit? Sure they suck, with a couple bonuses like Rocking and artifact suddenly you got a problem.

Edit: I'm also starting to think that the dwagons are low upkeep. Or at least low with the hammer. Remember when Stanley could only bring three knights? That was probably something to do with upkeep. A caster, a warlord, and three knights probably have a decent drain on the little amount he could take with him, especially since he needed to found a new side. But no problem with all the dwagons? Hell, compare that to Jills stack in book II. There is no possible way dwagons have comparable upkeep.
Lamech

Postby drachefly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:33 am

Arrows can already cross hex boundaries on-turn. The crucial limiting factor is that they can't reach across the whole hex.

Lilwik wrote:
spriteless wrote:Well, items can already resize on the fly.
That explains how the Titans could use arkentools, but the Titans were much taller than mountains...

In context, spriteless was supporting the idea that the Titans themselves could resize.
drachefly

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

My theory about the Titans is that the reason Staffs and Towers both give a spell bonus is because Towers are actually Titan sized Staffs.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Awfully funny-shaped, aren't they?
drachefly

Postby Alpha the White » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:31 pm

I'll wager the next secret of the hammer Stanley et al discover is what's actually going on with those pigeons. Yeah it could be some strange quirk, but I think it more likely that Stanley is accidentally tapping a deeper potential.
Maybe any kind of plant life can be converted into a flying unit. The nuts are small, so they turn into pigeons. A pumpkin is big...
Alpha the White

Postby Lipkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:My theory about the Titans is that the reason Staffs and Towers both give a spell bonus is because Towers are actually Titan sized Staffs.

Got a citation for that staff knowledge?
Lipkin

Postby 0beron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Lipkin wrote:Got a citation for that staff knowledge?
He's being funny lol.....
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:39 pm

IPTSF 12, near the bottom of the page:
Wanda stepped up to a smiling infantryman and looked him in the eye. She was armed with a quarterstaff which gave her a very small spell bonus. She had spent all too little time training with it as a melee weapon, but she swung it at the enemy unit regardless.
But yeah, was just being silly. Or was I?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Nice. Missed that bit. Thanks.
Lipkin

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld