Digdoug - Episode 5

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 5

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Digdoug used up all his juice before he fled the city in order to rig up the Tower as he had planned, just didn't get the chance to really properly finish the job. His orders didn't tell him what to do with his Juice that day, so he filled in the gap with his Duty. The orders did say to leave immediately, but given the relative nature of time in Erfworld and the fact that he was on-turn, the term "immediately" is open to some interpretation. So much like his king seems to be fond of, he obeyed the letter of the orders but not the spirit :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 pm

It might as well have been in the spirit anyway - it's not like he had anything useful to do en route and he made it as far as he would have.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:40 pm

He did make one scroll on the way, so perhaps the King would have wanted him to make 2 instead if he had thought of that detail. From what we've seen, doing actual work seems to be more effective than making scrolls, but then again the King's recent orders have not been making conventional sense to Digdoug. On the flip side, it seems Casters rarely get explicit orders on how to spend their Juice. So all things considered, it's hard to guess what the King meant when his order said "immediately".
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 am

Therefore, he was left the leeway to interpret; even spending almost all day trapping up the city, so long as he left in time, would qualify.
drachefly

Postby EthericSentinel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 pm

drachefly wrote:Didn't he say he bent orders by spending his juice before leaving on the second day?

0beron wrote:Digdoug used up all his juice before he fled the city in order to rig up the Tower as he had planned

I had missed that in Ep 4, looks like. Thanks to you both for clearing it up.
Jabberwocky wrote:Someone is disagreeing with someone else over an irrelevant bit of trivia on the Internet of all places. Honor demands blood.
EthericSentinel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Previous

Return to Reactions