Erfworld coming back

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Erfworld coming back

Postby effataigus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Hey folks,

Anyone know when Erfworld is expected to come back to Parson's story?

Thanks!
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Re: Erfworld coming back

Postby Lamech » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Hmm... don't we need a kickstarter first? Plus we got two more donor stories to go. Personally I think Rob has taken too many "projects" on, but people funded all of them sooo.... yeah. We just need to wait for Rob to go through his TODO list. Anyway, so when the kickstarter rolls around I'll donate.
Lamech

Postby effataigus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:43 am

Okee... I'll take that as "no date estimate yet."
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby 0beron » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:06 am

I'm still amazed by the way that people care enough to ask but don't apparently care enough to follow along with the news. Rob's communication has been superb on all events ever since the formal announcement of Xin's departure as primary artist, so these continued questions are getting a little silly (especially since people keep asking the same questions, so not only are they ignoring the news, but also the forum as well).

These stories are not a side project he's decided to do willy-nilly, they're a Kickstarter reward. And he can only crank out so much material at a time, so regardless of what's happening, these stories were always going to come before we got into Book 3. And frankly, I'm not complaining because Rob is demonstrating an ability to successfully fund both the comic and other Erfworld things that expand the comic's popularity to new audiences. He is clearly taking the time to plan strategically and have all his ducks in a row when it comes to the management side of things, which was a shortcoming I myself criticized him for in the past. Now that he's drastically improved even that area, people complain about it?

Sorry, this turned into a mini-rant that isn't really intended to be directed at either of you. Tone is hard to read in text only, so I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming you're being nasty to Rob. Just hoping that future questions of this vein might see the topic and think twice before they gripe as some previous posters did.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 am

0beron wrote:These stories are not a side project he's decided to do willy-nilly, they're a Kickstarter reward. And he can only crank out so much material at a time, so regardless of what's happening, these stories were always going to come before we got into Book 3. And frankly, I'm not complaining because Rob is demonstrating an ability to successfully fund both the comic and other Erfworld things that expand the comic's popularity to new audiences. He is clearly taking the time to plan strategically and have all his ducks in a row when it comes to the management side of things, which was a shortcoming I myself criticized him for in the past. Now that he's drastically improved even that area, people complain about it?

Right, that's what my note about people funding them was. I'm still here reading the forums, so its not like I think that this stuff is bad, just I would have preferred Parson. But seriously? "You, sir are producing Free Culture! Most excellent Free Culture! However, if you only listened to me, instead of the other patrons who have given money is support of this excellent Free Culture it could be even better." No, I'm saying that.
Lamech

Postby Mrtyuh » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:47 pm

I think Rob said he was aiming to launch the Kickstarter this Friday, but it may be delayed since they are waiting on an item as a high-end reward.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm

WOO! LIFE FOR THE LIFE GOD! HEAD TROPHIES FOR THE HEAD TROPHY THRONE!

I mean, I'll vote for Erfworld by contributing.
Lamech

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Mudcrush » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Stopped reading this web comic (is it still a web comic when there are no comics?) a while ago because of sporadic updates, etc, etc. Hoped to come back after a few months and see some progress. I see text stories, but what happened to the original storyline?

The OP asked, but I didn't see any real answer here.

Can anyone give a complete update as to what's been going on and when things will (if ever) get rolling again?
Mudcrush

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm

The answer the OP got is as real of an answer as there will be. It comes back when it comes back, Rob needs to fund a Kickstarter first, like we've already said.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld