The Crucible Discussion Thread

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Crucible - Erfworld Game (3 openings)

Postby Kaed » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:37 am

I HAVE DELIBERATED

And come to my decision.

This game will involve:

Twapezoid

Summary of Bonuses:
Spoiler: show
Artifact:

The Relic of Dis-ko

The ancient kingdom known as Dis-ko is an obscure legend found only in dusty books and fireside stories, for it has long been gone, and little is known about who ruled it or what they accomplished. But the legends say they were favored by the Titans themselves, and the Relic was directly given to their ruler for his prodigious groove. The Relic of Dis-ko was thought to be fanciful tales and hogwash until it was discovered during the conquests of Lord Vey. A round sphere covered in gleaming plates that reflected all colors as it turned in the air, the Relic was a mighty power in his conquests, allowing his entire side to possess the Groove to dancefight while popped under its influence, and could bestow the Groove on any who touched it.

After he learned to attune to it, it could clad him in holy raiment, the very ivory leathers and blessed sequins of the Titans themselves, inspiring all his armies in his hex to greater fervor.

Sadly, the Groove was fickle, and during the decline of Lord Vey's empire, the Relic rejected him. It no longer gave him direct and divine assistance, which contributed heavily to his fall at the hands of the Baliff chief. It was subsequently stolen by the Daemons as they fled, and lost for many hundreds of turns.

When Lady Zeena renewed the alliance with their new contract, the Relic was recovered, but Lord Voker has yet to discover how his ancestor attuned to it.

Voje

Summary of Bonuses

Lady Cassie, Level 4 Lookamancer (incapacitated, heavy linkbreak damage)

Magic Item:
The Scepter of Outski
Outski was a caster of great talent and skill whose actual discipline has been lost to time and turns. What has not been lost, however, are a number of his creations, which have strewn across Erfworld and passed hands many times in conflict and trade. The Scepter of Outski is a particularly notorious creation of his, apparently based on the concept of an arkentool. This potent magic item allowed for the instantaneous transportation to another nearby hex, without having to cross the intervening space.

Time had it's way with the Scepter, however, and it's powerful enchantment slowly became unstable over time, and in the present day it is nearly impossible to cross a distance greater than two hexes with any reliable accuracy of direction, and even that can go awry if the user is not entirely focused and undistracted.

The scepter has another power, however, that was quite unintentional during its creation. The magic of the Scepter is deeply rooted in the Erf axis of magic, and its link causes the current wielder to be impossible to disband, whether by will of the ruler or the very laws of erfworld. This has led to a bloody history of betrayal and usurped thrones.

It is possible to forgo paying a unit's upkeep with the scepter - as long as they never release it from their possession, for they would instantly disband should they do so - but their debt accumulates over time, and failing to pay over time has consequences as Fate takes notice and objects. After the terrible destruction of Lord Skinflint's entire kingdom served as a grim warning for such abuse, few people were willing to play with such a risky business.

Baldimark

Summary of Bonuses

Sir Pennypinch, Level 3 Moneymancer (Adept)
Level 2 City

tiiiired @_@ *flops*

for some reason I really want taco bell too...
Last edited by Kaed on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:23 am

I do hope Oberon and GW don't get Erfed-out by running a game and playing in two :P
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Mikalyaran » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 am

Cool. Thanks for the consideration. I had fun coming up with the side.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks for considering. I enjoyed making the side and it's story (Though I must agree, mine wasn't has good has the others). :D
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Godzfirefly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:52 am

I am very much honored that I have been accepted as a player in this game.
Godzfirefly

Re: The Crucible - Erfworld Game (Closed!)

Postby Kaed » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 am

I sorta figured there would be a bit more commentary in the thread to work with, but I guess I'll just work on getting the game started o.o;
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Godzfirefly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Commentary on eachothers side, you mean? Or on the new things you gave us?
Godzfirefly

Postby Kaed » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Godzfirefly wrote:Commentary on eachothers side, you mean? Or on the new things you gave us?

Anything xD Just seems quiet
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby thlawrence » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Kaed wrote:I sorta figured there would be a bit more commentary in the thread to work with, but I guess I'll just work on getting the game started o.o;

Have you considered including rewards for writing stories, fanfiction, after action reports, or similar things? It often makes the game more interesting to both players and fans. Multiplayer games of Crusader Kings 2 almost always have AAR rewards. Example from A Game of Crowns II:

We will have AAR rewards, write some prose or fanfiction of 500 words of equivalent effort and you may choose a special "edit" a cookie if you will; this is meant to be a nice temporary bonus as a reward to help raise awareness of our game on the forums so we can more easily find replacement perms and subs.
-= AAR Rewards =-

As per tradition in order to encourage roleplaying and to increase our board presence which helps acquiring much needed subs you are encouraged to write anything of 500 words or of equivalent effort (like a comic). If you do so you may pick one of the following for yourself or for another player.

-150 Gold. [To be revised once 100 gold isn't seen to be as useful]
-45 Prestige. [As above]
-25 Piety. [As above]
-Remove 10 Decadence
-Remove one negative trait,
-increase one stat attribute for anyone of your dynasty that is not your current character, by two.
-Upgrade the education of a character. (Intricate Webweaver to Elusive Shadow, etc)
-Make one character within your court or dynasty pregnant. Father has to be the husband or within your court.

Players can write something once per session (once a week) for a nice bonus. The bonuses are not overpowered, but encourage these writings.
Given the pace of these games I would suggest you can write for an AAR reward once per turn.
Possible rewards:
- 1000 schmuckers
- one turn production of infantry from any city
- one free level for one unit (no warlords or casters) Capped at level 5

Something on this scale seems like it would be a nice bonus without being to powerful.
thlawrence

Postby Kaed » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 pm

That does sound pretty interesting actually :O

I'll have to think on it!
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm

Hey everyone. :B

Time to view your playground.

Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Godzfirefly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Well now, that is impressive. How many hexes is that across, if I may ask?
Godzfirefly

Postby 0beron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Just noticed that I made a typo. My Designers were spec'ed out with Flight, and I just forgot to list it in their Specials, so I just fixed my post. They are not over-clocked though.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 am

Godzfirefly wrote:Well now, that is impressive. How many hexes is that across, if I may ask?

It contains 50,000 hexes :) Do the math
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: The Crucible Discussion Thread

Postby Kaed » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Game will begin this evening
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Any guidelines on starting units? Can we pick or will you assign stuff. Same thing for cities. Can we design our cities? Regarding cities, any thoughts on adding the Mine and Mill 2 point flavors (basically Garden variants) to help boost income and give some options for 2 point flavors?
GWvsJohn

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Two starting entry posts down, one to go. This is actually the hardest part for me, because I have to figure out where the best place for your side on the map is. Voje and Baldimark are actually close enough together that they could have a diplomatic relations, were they inclined towards it.

GW on the other hand has to be placed farther away, because he is an aggressive, naughty side :v

On that note, I thought about it, and for simplicity's sake, this is the starting forces.

All Cities:
3 stacks pikers
2 stacks stabbers
2 stacks archers

Capitals also have:
1 stack Knights
2 bonus stacks archers
Courtier

Distributed where ever:
4 A/B specials
2 C specials
1 D special
6 levels of warlord, distributed among as many warlords as you like.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Any Scouts? And Infantry we can reasonably assume to be ones, but what about levels on the Specials? All ones as well?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

God, uhm. you guys can have 1 stack of scouts that start within your general territory, and for simplicities sake, level 1 for all your special units, except as noted by me.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Safaquel » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 am

Great.
Just when I join a game and it sorta dies, I see a different one being made.
Erk.
Safaquel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games