Summer Updates - 041

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Summer Updates - 041

Postby balder » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:58 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Summer Updates - 041

Postby mhangman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 am

jillian will be mad i hope she die very soon. i dont like her, i dont like her kingdom her allies none of them. and charlie is really talks like a looser. gn must hit this man first because his information is very important as we can see hes not going to be a good friend.
mhangman

Postby Decorus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 am

Charles' secrets are exposed, because of the Decrypted Archons.
Interesting Parson, Wanda and Stanley haven't figured out to debrief thier decrypted units for intelligence...
So that firmly places Charles in the Anti Stanley Coalition, but the actual members don't want Charles, because he is another non royal with an Arkentool and as such assumed to be on Stanley's side.
Decorus

Postby warriortribble » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 am

So the various sides assume Charlie is allied with Stanley, yet they ignore Gobwin Knob's attack force has unit from other sides. Units from the former Coalition (Tchotchkes aren't GK units correct?).... Maybe they're assuming Stanley has managed to get allies from the shattered alliance? I guess on one hand it's a logical assumption, but a really dangerous one to make.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Furousha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:30 am

Decorus wrote:Charles' secrets are exposed, because of the Decrypted Archons.
Interesting Parson, Wanda and Stanley haven't figured out to debrief their decrypted units for intelligence...
So that firmly places Charles in the Anti Stanley Coalition, but the actual members don't want Charles, because he is another non royal with an Arkentool and as such assumed to be on Stanley's side.

And Charlie may yet flipflop back and forth between Jillian and GK... he may want Stanley dead, but he has to still recognize Parson's worth, Though his true reasons for wanting Stanley dead may be nothing more than (A) stopping wanda's stack of doom from overrunning every potential client out there and (B) claim parson the barbarian unit once Stanley is dead...

oh, and however far away Faq is I'm sure they'll hear Jillian's BOOPING! response to that visual...
Furousha

Postby Furousha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:34 am

warriortribble wrote:So the various sides assume Charlie is allied with Stanley, yet they ignore Gobwin Knob's attack force has unit from other sides. Units from the former Coalition (Tchotchkes aren't GK units correct?).... Maybe they're assuming Stanley has managed to get allies from the shattered alliance? I guess on one hand it's a logical assumption, but a really dangerous one to make.

I believe they are just assuming it's Non-Royals w/arkentools (Wanda, Stanley, Charlie) vs. the Royal's who just tried to curbstomp the non-royal ruler for being a non-royal ruler... they're just assuming birds of a feather will flock together. I don't think it has anything to do with decrypted archons being in the strike force.
Furousha

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:37 am

Charlie said it was mainly Slately spreading the distrust of him; and I bet Slately's understandably untrusting of Charlie. He lost a large sum of schmuckers when Ansom signed that most recent contract with Charlie before croaking, and now he's getting reports of Ansom and Charlie's Archons working together with Stanley. The coincidence is too strong to ignore.
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dwagon_Cwoaker » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am

mhangman, plz, chill. Jillian and Charles are both excellent characters. I mean, come on, Charles is the best character that noone's ever seen! And Jillian has a level of asskickery that is quite purely unmatched, not to mention an absurd amount of depth in terms of her character. And besides, at what point has Charles ever had a need or desire to be Gobwin Knob's friend? Stanley hated him before Parson came along, Parson is responsible for toasting a good 30+ Archons, Wanda's now decrypted most of said Archons, and apparently there are continued skirmishes recently.

Really, i'm not sure how many people were rooting for a Jillian/Charles team up, but I think its probably the most interesting pairing possible. Vinnie's cool, I admit, but come on, Charles is the smartest Erfworlder out there, and Jillian is one of the best Warlords in the area (she was a level 8 or whatnot, the only one higher in the RCC was Ansom, so it is safe to assume his brothers we met in the last update were probably a bit lower in level, like a 7 or so). Jillian's battle prowess and ability to fight her way out of the box, combined with Charles intel and ability to think outside the box means that together they become a major power in the coming conflict, all the more deadly because no one actually knows about their alliance.

Also, I think the reason the royals think Charles is on Gobwin Knobs side is because they have seen their units fighting with Gobwin Knob, and the only thing they think could possibly cause that is powerful thinkamancy. When we first met Charles, Maggie stressed to Parson that Charles had an unmatched command of Thinkamancy due to his arkendish. So, assuming that Charles thinkamancy abilities are common knowledge among the kingdoms while the effects of the arkenpliers that Wanda holds are not, it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to think Charles was hired by stanley to use thinkamancy to convert all of the troops over to Gobwin Knob. Wrong, but still reasonable.

I can't help but think, though, that Charles' attempts to greedily hold onto the information combined with his constant focus on his income made him dig his own grave, so to speak. If he had spread his theory about the triple linkup that caused the disaster at Gobwin Knob right away and for a fair price, it would have assured that all of the RCC would know that their units had all croaked. then, when all these units started to reappear, it would be a matter of course to believe that they had all been uncroaked, and everyone would arrive at the conclusion that there was some new uncroaking magic that gobwin knob had access to rather than think Charles had used powerful thinkamancy magic.
Dwagon_Cwoaker

Postby Joe22c. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:43 am

These updates are FAST.

And the story is friggin getting better and better.

You know, when I first saw this comic - when the main characters had grossly oversized heads and animé-ish faces - I never once for a moment thought I'd be more interested in this than Oots. But now here we are. I'm actually quite engaged.
Joe22c.

Postby Fantabulastic » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:45 am

I <3 Chalie.
Fantabulastic

Postby Akkristor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:49 am

I think Charlie has figured out that the Arkenpliers, in the hands of a Croakamancer, are capable of repopping units.

The big question i'd be asking myself if I were him, can they re-repop a unit?

If he gets her so riled up that she takes down Ansom, he will have his answer.

But this also tells us something new as well, something even Parson hasn't realized. The Archons under Gobwin Knobs command, they know everything they did when they worked under Charlie. They have his secrets. Parson has his secrets. I think Charlie is scared.
Akkristor

Postby Nebulious » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:52 am

Charlie giving information away for free!? Charlie either has a plan, is desperate, or both.
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sareln » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:53 am

Dangit Charlie, you just spoiled a humongous reveal!

I do agree that Charlie is being hoisted by his own petard here, given that no-one is willing to talk with him.

As to Parson, through the Archons, having Charlie's secrets: Charlie certainly suspects it as a possibility, and he probably sounds so desperate because this is the closest anyone has come to actually *knowing* anything about Charlie, but we don't know whether or not that's true. For all we know, the vital memories in the decrypted units have been plotted away.

Edit: Here I'm using vital to describe memories which would compromise the sides they came from... the personal memories, experience, levels are clearly all still there.
Sareln

Postby hazel-rah » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 am

Nebulious wrote:Charlie giving information away for free!? Charlie either has a plan, is desperate, or both.

This is probably the first time in a long while (probably since before he got the dish) Charlie doesn't know what's going on. First he finds his archons alive and fighting for GK, then he makes a pretty major slip with Parson, and now he's found out Ansom is chief warlord for the man who goes against everything he believed in. He's out of his element, surrounded by people he's screwed over (backstabbing, overcharging, and withholding critical information), and on top of that he has one of the archentools, which will make him a target.

I think he's in serious trouble and he knows it. He's lost archons, allies, and there's a large army on his doorsteps (not really, but if they were to capture GK, he can guess where they're going next). If he can't ally with FAQ then his last option is Stanley purely out of survival, and the last place he wants to be is in debt to someone else.

I think we're going to find out why the remaining calculations are so important.
hazel-rah

Postby Spot » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:08 am

Charlie is dangerous.
Spot

Postby Infidel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 am

I have to say, I definitely prefer this narrative form to the comic. I still love the comic, but there is so much more information in any given update, that it is that much more fun to chew on. :) I'm looking forward to going back to the comic pictures, but now I'm going to miss all this narrative.

You can't imagine what that may mean."

If Stanley finds out. > Bad.
If Parson finds out. > oh the horror!

That's what's going on in Charley's mind maybe.
Last edited by Infidel on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Nebulious » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 am

hazel-rah wrote:I think he's in serious trouble and he knows it. He's lost archons, allies, and there's a large army on his doorsteps (not really, but if they were to capture GK, he can guess where they're going next). If he can't ally with FAQ then his last option is Stanley purely out of survival, and the last place he wants to be is in debt to someone else.

So here's what bothers me: the motives don't match up. Is Charlie claiming he wants to off Stanley just to win Jillian's trust? Revenge? Bad blood? If the RCC II is going to be on a witch-hunt for nonroyals with Arkentools, then Charlie ought to swallow his pride and get himself on better terms with Gobwin Knob, since they hold most of the cards right now.
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby drakeblood4 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 am

Wow, the update rate is getting impressive. I gotta say I'm not surprised to see Charlie on their side, he's really worried about the sheer volume of assets that GK is acquiring. But I doubt thats the only angle he's coming from. If he isn't playing both sides off against one another I'll eat my pants. Also, do gwyffons find manwichs tasty?
drakeblood4

Postby gaiaswill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 am

Orgchart sounds like it would be a Charlescomm city. Perhaps there's some "research spoils" at play here as well?

And having one of your own cities sacked would provide clear footage of who attacked and what happened afterward.
gaiaswill
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby mhangman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:19 am

Ok I'm chill now(lie). Either way they must hit charlie soon or later. It doesn't matter any1 listen him or not. Information is everything for the wars and Charlie going to give it to enemy. He could be ally with GK, arkentool coalition could be cool and he could be ally with richest side of the Erfworld. When GK side take back their cities and gain enaugh power, it will be good idea to hit the strongest enemy kingdom, it will break their coalition. So probably ansom's kingdom will be first.

But at the same time they have to deal with this 2 loosers(charlie and jillian they both think they are loosers)They are ally with vampires so it's very dangerous side of war too. Dont know which one will be next target(first one). Writers show us 2 side of enemies. Its doesnt matter how much army you got, its still hard to fight with 2 side. We dont know about what GK pop at this time(24 turns). If they have a second army they can send them to FAQ otherwise it will be very hard to handle with this 2 side of the coalition. Maybe Parson can lead one of the armies so we cna see him in attack mode.
Last edited by mhangman on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
mhangman

Next

Return to Reactions