Digdoug - Episode 21

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 21

Postby Lipkin » Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 pm

YRM_DM wrote:It makes a lot of sense that Charlie actually takes steps to make sure sides see that Carneymancers can't be trusted... had Dove's plan worked out, she'd have been a good example of why you can trust/hire a Carney... but if Charlie offers good deals to them, and at the same time makes them less trustworthy to everyone else, then, a whole class of caster becomes dependent on Charlie to survive.

It's good business for him to make sure that things go wrong for you if you hire a Carney.

Where have I heard this before? Dunno. Oh well, I agree.
Lipkin wrote:You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Charlie was the one who implemented the secrecy policy about Carnymancy. By keeping everyone mum about what Carnymancy can do, he keeps it mum about what he can do. By keeping Carnymancy's reputation sullied, he keeps a powerful discipline of casters desperate for his employment. It greatly works in Charlie's favor to keep Carnies as low men on the totem pole. And now nobody trusts them, so even if they would play ball with Parson and switch alliances, Parson wouldn't trust them to do it, because everyone would tell him it's a mistake.

What I'm getting from the characterization of Carnies so far is that if Parson earned their respect and paid them fair, they'd be great allies. Unless their learned duplicity caused them to try and play both sides.

Bottom line, I'm wondering if all the negative traits of Carnies weren't started by Charlie in the first place. He's the oldest character that we have heard of, I believe, so it's conceivable that he's had a hand in shaping Carny culture.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Thu May 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Where's Episode 22, damnnit.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Lilwik » Thu May 29, 2014 11:24 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:Where's Episode 22, damnnit.
I think that Rob Balder has an ending planned and has been putting it off. The number of episodes has been expanding in his plans because he keeps deciding to add more build-up to whatever the climax will be, but now I think it's time to finally open the gate and let this story run. Our questions are going to be answered and the ultimate purpose of this story will be revealed. It's about time for Charlie to make an appearance, and that can only mean big things. I think it has all been building up to Episode 22. I think we should expect it will take longer than the average episode, and it will probably be a long episode. The longer we wait, the more sure I am that something very special is on its way.
Lilwik

Postby NastySasquatch » Fri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Lilwik wrote:
OneHugeTuck wrote:Where's Episode 22, damnnit.
I think that Rob Balder has an ending planned and has been putting it off. The number of episodes has been expanding in his plans because he keeps deciding to add more build-up to whatever the climax will be, but now I think it's time to finally open the gate and let this story run. Our questions are going to be answered and the ultimate purpose of this story will be revealed. It's about time for Charlie to make an appearance, and that can only mean big things. I think it has all been building up to Episode 22. I think we should expect it will take longer than the average episode, and it will probably be a long episode. The longer we wait, the more sure I am that something very special is on its way.

Did you really just post that? Now it's going to be a filler post for sure...
NastySasquatch

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm tempted to turn Lilwik into a drinking game. Take a shot every time he calls Rob by his full name and showers compliments on him.
Lipkin

Postby CarniDollMancer » Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm

No thank you. I already wake up enough mornings with my liver calling me an asshole and holding coffee. If I start on that game, there may come a morning when I do not wake up... and it could be SOON.

EDIT: For this thought: At least Rob is pretty deserving of the heaps of praise... I can't fault those opinions.
"To have talent is to be in demand, I well know... The talent itself supplies the demand." - The late, great Jack Snipe the Fool(amancer)
CarniDollMancer

Postby Godzfirefly » Fri May 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Lipkin wrote:I'm tempted to turn Lilwik into a drinking game. Take a shot every time he calls Rob by his full name and showers compliments on him.

Thankfully, I'd only have to drink if it's quoted, now that Oberon pointed out the Foe system in this forum. The forum is a much nicer place now. :D
Godzfirefly

Postby drachefly » Sat May 31, 2014 7:42 am

Guys, this conversation is a mite unseemly.
drachefly

Postby Shai_hulud » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks to the foe system, the only post on this page I can read is from Drachefly. Which makes it a bit.... unseenly!
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby spriteless » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 am

Is it fitting to remove evidence of an argument in which each person admited that there isn't enough evidence?

Yes. Yes it is.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Previous

Return to Reactions