Summer Updates - 042

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 042

Postby raphfrk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm

jnrhayz wrote:I have a few questions that come to mind from this update:

1. Could they build "carriers" that the dragons could "carry" that are filled with troops and invade Jetstone's Capital in 1 turn?

Interesting idea, Charlie's plan was to have Archons carry Parson in a blanket.

I wonder if there is a concept of load for flying units. If they go above their max load, then they take a penalty to move.

Your idea is basically to massively increase the number of units a dwagon can carry.

moose o death wrote:the chariot probably wouldn't work

parson could not mount banana, and he couldn't walk through the hex barrier.

so the way i see a "chariot" working is two dwagons flying off, trailing parson's glorious contraption.

they pass through the barrier

the chariot passes through the barrier

parson does not

end of book 2 and erfworld

I wonder if the chariot could be combined with a carpet.

Have a twoll modify a flying carpet so that it is shaped like a chariot.

All the carpet would need to be able to do is float with Parson on it.

The dwagons would then provide power. If that works, it might be a way to create the flying troop transport.

Also, even if Parson has zero move, it looks like the rider doesn't consume move when using a mount. However, zero move and/or garrison units might be an exception.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 pm

based on definition i would assume garrison means "stay the boop here" and is an order. defying that order could de-plot parson. even if promoted back to movable unit. parson may still have 0 natural move as he has always fought his battles on the seat of his pants.

we KNOW mounted units don't use their own move. they use the mounts move. but what we don't know is that carried units have the same effect. we have the opinion that resized units (vinny's bats) can be carried. so maybe parson resized can be carried. but we have no idea if regular parson is portable against his will.

it is possible charlie thinks parson is plaid clan and piker sized and three archons could carry THAT parson. but i'm sure the archons would have at least relayed the data that parson is twoll sized by that point.

the funny thing is this update is the first we've seen of erfworlders questioning parson's origin. ansom wondering what kind of unit parson actually is. not royal, but not common, etc.

superficially he is built like a twoll. but he's pink. lacks fabrication specials, and he's gifted in natural strategy and mathamancy, essentially he's popped as a super intelligent twoll warlord. it would confuse the bejeebus out of erfworlders.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby bathysphere » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 pm

I'd like to post my own quantum of speculation. I'm posting it here because it occurred to me while reading this strip, but there's nothing in this strip that specifically spurred it. Regardless, here is my speculation: Charlie is a predictamancer, not a thinkamancer. Indeed Charlie is the predictamancer from Faq that gave Wanda her prediction. Why? Well, I submit to you that Charlie was mercenary competition for Jillian. Perhaps he came on the scene as a mercenary around the same time as Jillian. But shouldn't Charlie have been frozen then when Faq fell? Well here's the thing my friends: he was. Only his attunement to the arkendish allowed him to still affect the world at large. Spooky? Yes. Terrifying? Indeed. But a true story, my friends, every word of it. Or at least as true as idle speculation with only the thinnest story support can be.

Your humble predictamancer,
etc., etc.
bathysphere

Postby fjolnir » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 pm

He can't ride the Dwagon BECAUSE he's the size of a troll, it doesn't matter what his move is, when he gets on the Dwagon the world looks at the checkboxes. Can unit mount mounts? YES, Does unit meet size category for this mount? NO, and Parson can't fly on the Dwagon, no matter how forcibly he orders it...

Dwagons can't carry Heavy units...
fjolnir

Postby Sieggy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Infidel wrote:
Yosarian wrote:
I think you're all thinking inside the box with all this ride the dragon or Meaglogwiff talk. How about a sleigh led by a team of Archons?

PONYGIRLS!!!Wanda would love to train them, you bet . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby hajo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:14 pm

joosy wrote:if he got some of the twolls to fabricate him a chariot and had several dwagons carry it?

For testing if he can leave GK somehow, he doesn't need a flying device, a simple wagon would suffice.
We have seen siegetowers filled with troops being moved...
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Postby Lightbender » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Does anyone else think that Ansom could take Jetstone's capital with nothing more than all the dwagons of GK?

I mean, that's a LOT of dwagons.
Lightbender

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 am

atteSmythe wrote:
Infidel wrote:Well, Charley thought 3 Archons were enough to move Parson out of hex, and Parson has access to three Archons...

Not sure how much we can read into that scenario, though, since if Parson had accepted, he would have been a captured unit. The rules may be different in that case.

When I first looked at that page I saw three archons carrying a net. No reason to believe the archons thought they could carry parsons. They may have been planning to hog tie him and interrogate him in the tower.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Justyn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:22 am

Lightbender wrote:Does anyone else think that Ansom could take Jetstone's capital with nothing more than all the dwagons of GK?

Yeah, I would say that 70 or so dwagons is "a lot".
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 am

Lightbender wrote:Does anyone else think that Ansom could take Jetstone's capital with nothing more than all the dwagons of GK?

However, they don't get Wanda's bonus. It breaks the whole bonuses on top of bonuses strategy.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lightbender » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:48 am

However, they don't get Wanda's bonus. It breaks the whole bonuses on top of bonuses strategy.

Which is a good strategy for efficiency, but a zergling rush with dwagons without the bonus can be a good strategy too =p
Lightbender

Previous

Return to Reactions