AWESOME HAT!

Your fan art, demotivators, cartoons, animations, lolcats or whatever other images you want to show off.

AWESOME HAT!

Postby Xewleer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey guys, I can't draw very well, and this is paint... but... TESLA COIL HAT!

Tesla Hat.jpg
it's just a paint file. 30-40 k or whatever.
Tesla Hat.jpg (36.4 KiB) Viewed 2578 times

Okay, here's the basic design.
The shoulder hats fire off towards the center, head hat, which should catch all the electrical discharge if I make its electro magnetivity (or whatever, I'm not good on the terms, but I know what I mean, physics and whatnot) greater/lesser (I'd figure that out during testing) than the other two, and greater than any groups of pierced individuals, and computers. However, it would be very bad if I just had the tesla coils directly on me shoulders, so I figure that I need shoulder supports. These'll hold the batteries, see? I'll then lead wires from the tesla shoulders to the big center one.

From what I've researched, it should work, but there is a chance it would discharge in my face, and depending on the amperage, kill me. However, it would be worthwhile. As, I figure it would be totally awesome.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Re: AWESOME HAT!

Postby Emaria » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:22 am

I don't mean to in any way discourage you from your experiment here but... WHYYYYY? o_O
Emaria
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Xewleer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Here's a question... why not? Despite all my big talk chances are that I can't do it, at least, until certain conditions are met. Right now I'm just being a mad scientist vicariously through these forum posts. Try it! It's fun!

Hey!
If I get a powerful enough battery, and some plastic air tight containers, I could fake the conditions for lighting. If I make a shutter, I bet I could create this lightning gun that runs on the same basic principle as LIGHTNING ITSELF!

Because lightning is essentially static discharge due to uneven +/- charges in the atmosphere, that means I could pull this puppy off if I charge the air inside the container with the opposite of what's normally in the air! HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!
But I wouldn't have much control... oh well.
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby atteSmythe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Well, at least you're fully aware of the fact that it will discharge to your face and kill you.
atteSmythe

Postby Xewleer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Nonsense! It'll just discharge in my face, not kill me. If I keep the amperage below 1 I'll be unconscious, but alive. Besides, if I ensure that the hat is more attractive to the shoulder pads than my face is I should be relatively fine (unless my hair catches alight, but I'll figure out how to prevent it if I have an issue with it.
Xewleer

Postby mea culpa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm

admittedly, I've always been a horror with electricity.

Either way, isn't one of the properties of a tesla coil it makes quite strong magnetic fields? Aaaaand wouldn't those, say, disrupt your brain? I seem to remember when scientists really have to investigate specific parts of the human living brain they use very restricted magnetic fields to turn off part of the brain or even seperate neurons... And that leads me to think it might not be a wonderful idea having a huge magnetic field on your head.

Then again, I'm but a simple layman, so what do I know.
mea culpa

Postby Xewleer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 pm

STOP RUINING MY HAT WITH YOUR COLD, HORRIBLE LOGIC.

.... I suppose a lead hat... (no wait! that's for radiation)

But I've seen a lot of people mess around with Tesla Coils, they don't seem to have issues. This isn't going to be a super powerful one like you normally see, just powerful enough for a little 'flash and bang'.

Do headphones create the same effect? I wear them, like, 15-18 hours a day!
Xewleer

Postby atteSmythe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Xewleer wrote:Do headphones create the same effect? I wear them, like, 15-18 hours a day!

Gentlemen, I believe we've found our culprit!
atteSmythe

Postby Xewleer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Man... my enthusiasm is wearing down...

Wouldn't it be better to have the two shoulder pads focus on an antennae that would catch the lightning? Just thinking.
Xewleer

Postby SteveMB » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:30 pm

mea culpa wrote:Either way, isn't one of the properties of a tesla coil it makes quite strong magnetic fields? Aaaaand wouldn't those, say, disrupt your brain?

Bah! The FOOLS!! I'll show THEM how "disrupted" my brain is when I TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Xewleer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:54 am

SteveMB wrote:
mea culpa wrote:Either way, isn't one of the properties of a tesla coil it makes quite strong magnetic fields? Aaaaand wouldn't those, say, disrupt your brain?

Bah! The FOOLS!! I'll show THEM how "disrupted" my brain is when I TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

YES YES!!! BWA HA HA HAHAHA! My mastery of lightning will COW EVERYONE! THEY WILL ALL BOW BEFORE LIGHTNING LEADER!
Xewleer

Postby Xewleer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 am

SteveMB wrote:

YES YES!!! BWA HA HA HAHAHA! My mastery of lightning will COW EVERYONE! THEY WILL ALL BOW BEFORE LIGHTNING LEADER!
Xewleer

Postby Emaria » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm pretty sure the magnetic field created by a telsa coil that could fit on a hat would not be large enough to disrupt with brain function. We already have a mad scientist on our hands here though. Maybe if it disrupted his current brain function he'd say "Why am I wearing this hat?" :lol:
Emaria

Postby mea culpa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:17 am

Emaria wrote:I'm pretty sure the magnetic field created by a telsa coil that could fit on a hat would not be large enough to disrupt with brain function.

Maybe not. Still, purely for safety reasons I'd first let it have tried out by an irritating little niece. Whether or not it be will be lethal, that way it's a win-win situation.
mea culpa

Postby Xewleer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

I was thinking... annoying little brother... don't have any annoying nieces, surprisingly.
Xewleer

Postby Smoker » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:48 am

atteSmythe wrote:
Xewleer wrote:Do headphones create the same effect? I wear them, like, 15-18 hours a day!

Gentlemen, I believe we've found our culprit!

ROFLMAO
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Return to Art and Images