Wanda, Faq and other speculation

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Wanda, Faq and other speculation

Postby privatepepper » Sun May 10, 2009 6:22 pm

SteveMB wrote:
privatepepper wrote:Just a note about Wanda:

When the Character Profiles page was still up on Giant in the Playground, Wanda was listed as a member of "the long-lost Croatan tribe". She was not originally a Faq unit, so her loyalty to them may have been particularly low.

The tribe name and the place name are independent of each other (e.g. "Plaid"/"Gobwin Knob"). As far as we know, "Croatan" was the name of the tribe that inhabited Faq (which would fit with their being "lost").

No, http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Jillian_Zamussels is listed as a member of the Faq tribe- and, apparently, the old Character Profiles are now on the Wiki. Wanda is still Croatan.
There's not much to be said. Follow me, and I will teach you the paths of love, of hate, of fire, of death, of life, of ice. Follow me, and I will lead you through years of victory and ruin.
privatepepper

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Thats pretty interesting. I think that Wanda claiming Ansom had taken a lot from her led to the speculation that it was Ansom who took FAQ not Stanley. This little overlooked, by most, tidbit throws some interesting options into that mix. Maybe Ansom and Jetstone ended the croatan. Maybe thats where the predictamancer set her on her path for an arkentool.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Sun May 10, 2009 8:59 pm

privatepepper wrote:No, http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Jillian_Zamussels is listed as a member of the Faq tribe- and, apparently, the old Character Profiles are now on the Wiki. Wanda is still Croatan.

But it is still fan created, was there a confirm that the update is accurate?

On the giantitp site, Jillian is listed as "claims no tribe" not Faq.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun May 10, 2009 11:39 pm

we know Jillian is from FAQ. She says so herself very clearly in the comic.
Mikalyaran

Postby raphfrk » Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 am

Mikalyaran wrote:we know Jillian is from FAQ. She says so herself very clearly in the comic.

Right, but that doesn't mean that the city is Faq, but her tribe is Croatan.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 am

raphfrk wrote:Right, but that doesn't mean that the city is Faq, but her tribe is Croatan.

ok. i misunderstood what was being asked.
Mikalyaran

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Mikalyaran wrote:Thats pretty interesting. I think that Wanda claiming Ansom had taken a lot from her led to the speculation that it was Ansom who took FAQ not Stanley.

I'm sure Wanda is referring to Jillian, not Faq. Ansom stole Jillian's affections, or at least friendship, from Wanda. That to me has to be what Wanda refers to.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon May 11, 2009 7:51 pm

gameboy1234 wrote:I'm sure Wanda is referring to Jillian, not Faq. Ansom stole Jillian's affections, or at least friendship, from Wanda. That to me has to be what Wanda refers to.

I totally agree. I was never one of those behind the Ansom took FAQ theory. I'm just saying that's where a lot of the speculation came from. Wanda being Croatan, and therefor possibly popped somewhere besides FAQ, could dispel a lot of that if we had proof that Croatan weren't from FAQ (faqian?). I always thought the Ansom took FAQ theory was ridiclous.
Mikalyaran

Postby Zerohour » Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 am

We can't really know what Wanda meant when she said Ansom took more f4om her until we get some more interaction between the two. JIllian could be what she was talking about, but I don't think it's 100% sure.
Zerohour

Postby Thydron » Tue May 12, 2009 10:30 am

well book 2 is apparently going to be set "a lot of days/turns ahead of the end of Book 1.", so we might not have to speculate about FAQ for much longer
Thydron

Postby Muzzafar » Tue May 12, 2009 11:15 am

A small observation: when Sizemore tells Parson about the "special mission" that Stanley took him on, we see dwagons flying over little white round houses with brown conical roofs. (Page 79, 3rd panel) Those houses do not look similar to Faq as depicted on page 82 (green tiled square roofs).
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lothmar » Tue May 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Just joined the forums so im not sure if this has been discussed yet. But im thinking wanda's attunement to the arkenpliers has expanded her magic beyond croakamancy, but since croakamancy was already 'fate' magic I think 'decrypt' is a 'deletionism' ability. To me it makes sense.

Basically, You are not only dead, you have been removed from the logs thus your unit upkeep is 0 and decay is zero because I dont believe it's technically croakamancy since you were simply removed from the 'trash' bin before you were deleted a second time and the system was reformated. Then again this is just a wild theory of my own. However if im right, then I believe we're seeing our first uses of 'deletionism' in the comic. ^^

Just like how the arkenhammer gave Stanley the ability to use 'shockamancy' through itself, in a sense. *Edit* Okay, my understanding of shockamancy was a bit off. XD Though I still think the electric bursts he used on occassion 'stun' opponents.
Lothmar

Postby Darkside007 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Muzzafar wrote:A small observation: when Sizemore tells Parson about the "special mission" that Stanley took him on, we see dwagons flying over little white round houses with brown conical roofs. (Page 79, 3rd panel) Those houses do not look similar to Faq as depicted on page 82 (green tiled square roofs).

The mushroom houses could simply be a subordinate city, we've only seen the capital. Or they could be farms.
Darkside007

Postby Lothmar » Tue May 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Darkside007 wrote:
Muzzafar wrote:A small observation: when Sizemore tells Parson about the "special mission" that Stanley took him on, we see dwagons flying over little white round houses with brown conical roofs. (Page 79, 3rd panel) Those houses do not look similar to Faq as depicted on page 82 (green tiled square roofs).

The mushroom houses could simply be a subordinate city, we've only seen the capital. Or they could be farms.

Or they could have been attacking smurfs.
Lothmar

Postby privatepepper » Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 am

Lothmar wrote:
Darkside007 wrote:

Or they could have been attacking smurfs.

I would not be surprised to hear that Stanley defeated a side of smurf-like peoples.
There's not much to be said. Follow me, and I will teach you the paths of love, of hate, of fire, of death, of life, of ice. Follow me, and I will lead you through years of victory and ruin.
privatepepper

Postby Frogpop » Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 am

privatepepper wrote:I would not be surprised to hear that Stanley defeated a side of smurf-like peoples.

I bet Manpower did all the heavy lifting.
Frogpop
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 pm

So this latest comic clears up a lot of the speculation about Wanda, FAQ, and Jillian ( Less about Jillian). What does everyone think about Wanda and FAQ now? Maybe the mushroom houses and part of the old tribal ways of the Croatan who were conquered by one of banhammers ancient ancestors. They had three cities right? Maybe it was three seperate tribes who were all brough together under the leadership of one tribe. Hell maybe Wanda is some of the last remaining Royalty of the Croatan.
Mikalyaran

Postby Kreistor » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Frogpop wrote:
privatepepper wrote:I would not be surprised to hear that Stanley defeated a side of smurf-like peoples.

Not likely, with 160. Stanley wrecked Faq before he became Overlord/ Given that Manpower was the last in a line of Chief Warlords, and Stanley had come to raise a good looking guy from the ranks to the position, Manpower wasn't a Warlord before Stanley took over. Nope, Stanley destroyed Faq, unexpectedly, but he did it himself.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Darkside007 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:53 pm

If you'll excuse it, allow me to gloat for a moment. :lol: 8-)
Darkside007

Postby Frogpop » Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Kreistor wrote:
Frogpop wrote:

Not likely, with 160. Stanley wrecked Faq before he became Overlord/ Given that Manpower was the last in a line of Chief Warlords, and Stanley had come to raise a good looking guy from the ranks to the position, Manpower wasn't a Warlord before Stanley took over. Nope, Stanley destroyed Faq, unexpectedly, but he did it himself.

We were talking about Stanley defeating the hypothetical SMERFs, not Faq, and either way I was joking around at the tool's expense.
Frogpop

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld