No forum without text rp. Or... no REAL forum.

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

No forum without text rp. Or... no REAL forum.

Postby Attuned » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Hello people =) i joined earlier today, (thanks to harknell) and i thought: Hey! this forum has no real text rp games and stuff! We gotta change that!
Now... i am a NESer (Never Ending Story) on the civfanatics(.com) forums, and i have abit knowledge of how to have a NES going. So, i am starting a Erfworld Text Rp =) i plan to base it either in the future, or in the past, but most importantly: at a time where we can do whatever we want with charecters and stuff. This is not the kind of game where we use dnd rules or anything, we just make something up while we play =)
Before i start i want you guy's opinions on somethings:

1: Should this EST (Erfworld Stimulation Thing) be after the comic (after parson and wanda and ansom and so on) or before the comic story.
2: Should this be a EST where you control a single charecter, or where you are a tool that controls a big city/army/something else.
3: Do you like pie?

cant wait to see the answers =)
Attuned (to the Arkenpie perhaps?)
Last edited by Attuned on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attuned

Re: No forum without text rp. Or... no REAL forum.

Postby Attuned » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:28 pm

oh and... in EST's and NES's there is no rules exept for what the GM says, and thats the point =)
goto http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69 for some examples of what i mean =)
Attuned

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Before would be best; for all we know the world has been in a constant state of war for a hundred thousand turns... but we have no idea what sort of shape it will be in after the comic has concluded.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Attuned » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 am

Yeah, that makes sense.
Attuned

Postby President_Allosaurus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:20 pm

1. I think it should be before the events of Battle for Gobwin Knob. The story there is moving onwards and into the future, so by playing in the past we can rest assured we'll never come into contact with the story.

2. I think playing a single character is better for RP, but puts most of the heavy lifting on the Chief Warlord and Casters. The Stanleys of the World don't get to do much unless there's combat and war. If we played entire sides we'd have to play a slew of characters each but there would be able to be wars and diplomacy.

What do you think?
President_Allosaurus

Postby Crovius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I am intrigued. I really like this idea. Personally I'm more for single characters, but maybe our character can take control of groups during war. Or maybe the characters are unique and do things outside what normal captains and warlords do during warfare. Like how Parson is a Special unit.
Crovius

Postby President_Allosaurus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Crovius wrote:I am intrigued. I really like this idea. Personally I'm more for single characters, but maybe our character can take control of groups during war. Or maybe the characters are unique and do things outside what normal captains and warlords do during warfare. Like how Parson is a Special unit.

I disagree with the latter part. Parson is a Special Unit, but it's because he's a Player, I think. Even the most powerful of units, created directly by Arkentools, which are the most powerful artifacts, don't get that kind of designation (that we know of.) However, a number of Capital Sides could do things "differently", such as Transylvito apparently being composed entirely of warlords with flight and bats.
President_Allosaurus

Postby prototype19 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Crovius wrote:. Personally I'm more for single characters, but maybe our character can take control of groups during war.
I like that idea, like control one warrior but also command a side or army or whatever so see everything from ur personal perspective but still have to deal with diplomacy and whatnot. I also think it should be set up before the comic, cuz we dont want to be messing with a world that we dont kno wat it will look like. and no, i actually do not like pie.
Winners never quit and quitters never winbut those who never win and never quit are idiots.
prototype19

Postby Attuned » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 am

Hmmm, it seems that itl be One-Person, about... somewhere BS (Before stanley (want me to change that to something else? =P))

Here's a early char sheet:
Name:
Race:
Unit Stats: (select 1-3 special abilities along with normal stuff, but use your head, the weaker abilities the more of them. If you choose to be like, a master class mathamancer, its okay with me, just dont overdo your greatness okay?)
Side: (Who you work for)
Background:
Class:
Special Apparances:
Inventory:
Weapons and Armor:
Level:

if you got any additions, throw them at me.
Oh and... i dont know with you guys, but even though ive read the whole comic im not sure of all the titles for casters, and im also abit confused about how some of theese things work. So... you MIGHT have to tell me exactly how things cuch as luckamancy and croakamance works during the game. Im a GM, not a loremaster ;)
Attuned

Postby Attuned » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 am

(please start making charecters now =P)
Attuned

Postby Crovius » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Name: Blessto
Race: Marbit
Unit Stats:
Move - 10
Hit - 6
Combat - 3
Defense - 3
Light, Poison, Leadership 1
Side: Mercenary
Background: Blessto is an Advance Marbit Stabber who leads a small group of mercenary Marbits. He lost an ear fighting barbarian gobwins. He hates most gobwins, but will work for whoever pays the most.
Class: Stabber
Special Apparances: Black with red eyes and is missing one ear
Inventory: Two poitons to heal and Mining tools
Weapons and Armor: Black leather armor and a jagged pair of daggers
Level: 3
Edit: Chnaged the stats around, that work bettter?
Last edited by Crovius on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crovius

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 pm

...that's one hell of a Marbit.

I know this is tough considering the dearth of info out there, but remember the first few people who post stats are establishing a baseline for everyone.

Remember what we do know: Jack Snipe, a Man, has a move of 8. As a caster, that *might* be low for a Man, or average. He probably has several levels which might have raised his Move a little. 22 move is what Doombats have, so probably no land creature (other than maybe some kind of cavalry) should even approach that.

Combat - 5 is what Bogroll had when he croaked Ansom. Probably decent number, not great. Jack Snipe has a 2, so we can assume anyone who is not totally pathetic to have at least a 2 or a 3.

Defense - Bogroll had a 4, Snipe a 2. Figure similar numbers as Combat.

Hits - Bogroll had 12, Snipe 6. 6 is probably decent for non-advanced/heavy units. 12 is probably decent for heavies. Maybe 9ish for advanced?

Remember the doombats. Crappy, so maybe 1-1 on Combat and Defense, maybe 1-2 or 2-1. Coupla hits, like 2-4?

From that below-average mark, you can separate into categories like Regular Troops, Advanced, Heavies, and, of course, Warlords.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Rhyme-o-mancer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Name: Richie
Race: Man (Vampire?)
Unit Stats:
Move - 9
Combat - 3
Hit - 6
Defense - 2
Special - Caster, Rhyme-o-mancer
Side: Transylvito
Background: Popped in the kingdom of Transylvito, Richie the Rhyme-o-mancer always had a thing for poetry, often using its tempo and prose in his rhymes. Richie is almost incapable of speaking normally, always rhyming his words subconsciencely. He likes to tag along with traveling groups, even though he hardly contributes anything. You could say he's really lazy.
Class: Rhyme-o-mancer
Special Apparances: Slightly curled brown mustache with a goatee. Unkept brown hair and general unkept appearance. Always snapping or humming. Looks like a beatnik.
Inventory: Beret, cigarettes, matches
Weapons and Armor: Caster staff (Actually a cane with a stone bird head on the top), cloth armor (Gentleman's vest, beret, gold chain necklace, torn jeans, sneakers)
Level: 5

My character is named after Richard Brautigan... easily my favorite author.
Last edited by Rhyme-o-mancer on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyme-o-mancer

Postby Doktor Jones » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 am

Name: Knut (pronounced "newt", though some mispronounce it "nut")
Race: Vampire
Unit Stats:
Move - 10
Hit - 6
Combat - 2
Defense - 3
Special: Leadership 1, Lookamancer
Side: Transylvito
Background: Knut was popped in many turns ago to provide field intel to the Don, and used Lookamancy to help upgrade the Doombats by providing the innate "vision" link that a Doombat's controller now has, enabling them to see whatever their Doombat sees. Can cast other Eyemancy spells, but prefers to stick with Lookamancy; hates casting Stagemancy, but acknowledges its usefulness.
Class: Caster
Special Appearances: Dark grey skin, unkempt white hair, and yellow eyes
Inventory: A few Lookamancy scrolls, and a Foolamancy scroll to veil himself and one other unit while creating illusory counterparts
Weapons and Armor: Wears a flowing black robe with gold embroidery over a black leather vest with gold undershirt and black slacks. Wields a golden staff crowned with a silver eye
Level: 5

Is it allowable to "retcon" Knut into Erfworld with the Doombats upgrade? I envision them as previously only being a low-cost harassment unit, which Knut and some other casters upgraded to the scout units that Vinny uses in the comic.

BTW, since the King of Transylvito in the comic is "Don King", which I feel is a double-pun (a Don is the leader of a mafia and the vamps seem to have an accent not unlike your stereotypical mobster, and then of course you have the fight promoter Don King)... Perhaps the King of Transylvito in this time period could be Don Knotts or something similar? If it were Don McLean, I could see rhyme-o-mancy being his favorite school of magic ("Bye, bye Miss American Pie... drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry...") ;)
Doktor Jones
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:03 am

Name: Pork
Race: Doombat
Unit Stats:
Move – 15 (14
Hit – 3 (4)
Combat – 4 (6)
Defense – 2 (2)
Recon, light, flight
Side: Barbarian
Background: On a recon mission with one warlord of his side and a number of other Doombats. This was a side which originated in Transylvito. On said recon mission unknown turns ago side had been wiped out by an unknown force. Eventually the only one in the group who survived the becoming of a barbarian, Pork was very nearly about to de-pop due to an absence of shmuckers when he met a group of mercenaries who captured him and were able to get the bat to join their side with the lure of rations. Has remained loyal to said mercenary group ever since.
Class: Lookamancer
Special Appearances: Larger than normal bat with glowing purple eyes.
Inventory: One model of old warlord.
Weapons and Armor:
Small helmet Grants +2 to combat and -1 to defense
Bat gloves +1 to hit, +1 to defense, -1 to move
Level: 3

I hope you don't mind the doombat... I wanted something interesting and different...

and I can tone the stats down if you need.
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Carinthium » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:03 am

I'm not sure if this is close enough to the norm, but giving it a go...

Name: Josemarion
Race: Human
Unit Stats:
Hit- 5
Move- 8
Combat- 3
Defence- 2
Leadership- 2

Disloyal 1, Low Upkeep 2

Side: Jetstone
Background:
The "Line of Inbreg" were initially a group of minor Counts that popped from time to time- being known for having low loyalty, low competence, and very low upkeep- they were only kept alive for the last one. The main problem was that they were "loyal" not to Jetstone, but, to the extent they had free will at all, to "The Line"- to the extent they had free will at all, it's glory was their priority. Josemarion keeps to that tradition...

Class: Warlord
Special Apparances: Unusually yellow skin, deliberately made bruise with "family club"
Inventory: None
Weapons and Armor: The "family club" (broken)
Level: 2
Carinthium

Postby Doktor Jones » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:23 am

Errmmmm... Attuned hasn't posted since June 6th, I don't think this game is going to get off the ground :(
Doktor Jones
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 am

Doktor Jones wrote:Errmmmm... Attuned hasn't posted since June 6th, I don't think this game is going to get off the ground :(

then we must find a way to revive it.

Think. Who could we get to build the RP off these stats, and who would DM?

That's all we need to start it right?
Lets give it a try, and if it fails, oh well. if not... :)
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Carinthium » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Agreed on the attempt- I can also DM if necessary. But are enough people still interested?
Carinthium

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 pm

I've never done a forum rpg, but I'd be interested in trying it out.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Next

Return to Your Games