159 The battle for Gobwin Knob, page 146

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: 159 The battle for Gobwin Knob, page 146

Postby Weimann » Wed May 13, 2009 7:22 am

I am worried about how Parson will react when Stanley comes home and goes "Oh, it seems I won."

Further I wonder why Parson or Stanley or whoever is really in charge has to attack the rest of the world. What is the reason? Why can't they just... stay put? Build houses? Live? It was clearly possible for the populance of Faq, so there seems to not be any kind of game mechanic forcing people into battle.

Oh, that spawned a thought. Are there different rules for peace?
Weimann

Postby The Old Hack » Wed May 13, 2009 9:06 am

Weimann wrote:Further I wonder why Parson or Stanley or whoever is really in charge has to attack the rest of the world. What is the reason? Why can't they just... stay put? Build houses? Live? It was clearly possible for the populance of Faq, so there seems to not be any kind of game mechanic forcing people into battle.

Mostly because Stanley has aggressively pursued war in order to obtain control of all of the Arkentools for a while now. And since GK now has not only the military and magical edge but also the finances necessary for expansion, I cannot see why Stanley would suddenly want to turn pacifist. I doubt he has changed that much, to be honest.
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 am

it seems most of faq was actually anti settle down, the casters seem to have defected to stanley...in what manner remains to be seen. but it doesn't seem likely the populace of faq actually liked the idea as much as the royal did.
moose o death

Postby Starwaster » Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 am

moose o death wrote:it seems most of faq was actually anti settle down, the casters seem to have defected to stanley...in what manner remains to be seen. but it doesn't seem likely the populace of faq actually liked the idea as much as the royal did.

I think it's a safe bet that Wanda sure didn't. That's why she arranged for FAQ's downfall.
Starwaster

Postby Starwaster » Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 am

Holy crap, I just realized, Wanda laughed a few strips back.... sure it was an evil laugh but she LAUGHED!!!!!!!!!

Does not bode well...
Starwaster

Postby Kreistor » Wed May 13, 2009 2:04 pm

kreszantas wrote:All this eye business can also be classified as "Artist Prerogative" and dependant on style, mood, and other features of the story... all combining into one nice neat package.

Or it could be Tribal. Different tribes, different eyes.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Previous

Return to Reactions