Forum Code Question

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Forum Code Question

Postby Djinn_in_Tonic » Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 pm

First off, thanks for the new forum/site! It's looking GREAT!

That said, is there any way of getting the same forum posting code options that Rich uses over at GitP? I'm a frequent poster there, and having to redo the coding for any thread I want to post to both forums is going to be a pain. I also imagine that, given Erf's humble origins as part of that site (nice to see you're moving up fast :D), many other forum-goers here will share the same problem.

Anyway, just wondering.

-The Djinn
Ingredients

2oz Djinn
5oz Water
1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.
Djinn_in_Tonic

Re: Forum Code Question

Postby harknell » Sun May 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi, I'm not sure what code you mean? BBCode? Or something else? I believe they use Vbulletin for OOTS, so I don't actually know if there is a common code set up for both board types. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so point me to the info so I can investigate further.
Webmaster for the comic Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos: http://www.onezumi.com
Webmaster for the comic Erfworld: http://www.erfworld.com
harknell
Site Admin

Postby Djinn_in_Tonic » Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 am

Not being very tech-savvy, I'm honestly not sure. Basically, the thing that allows me to use [spoiler][/spoiler], [code], [list], and all that other stuff...whatever that code is called. I believe it is the BBCode, but I'm not sure.
Ingredients

2oz Djinn
5oz Water
1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.
Djinn_in_Tonic

Postby raphfrk » Mon May 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Djinn_in_Tonic wrote:Not being very tech-savvy, I'm honestly not sure. Basically, the thing that allows me to use [spoiler][/spoiler], [code], [list], and all that other stuff...whatever that code is called. I believe it is the BBCode, but I'm not sure.

One option would be to name the specific bbcode options that are missing, and see if the admins can get it to work?
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby harknell » Tue May 12, 2009 8:49 am

I did a brief look around and it appears some of the bbcode parts might be installable--but I'm not sure all of them are. They may also operate differently. If you guys can list all of the different ones you want I can see if it's possible to get them all working.
Webmaster for the comic Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos: http://www.onezumi.com
Webmaster for the comic Erfworld: http://www.erfworld.com
harknell
Site Admin

Postby Djinn_in_Tonic » Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 am

These are the ones I'd like to have here.

[size]*
[color]*
[center]
[left]
[right]
[indent]
[spoiler]
[table]

*These have a different method of functioning here, so it may not be an issue.
Ingredients

2oz Djinn
5oz Water
1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Djinn_in_Tonic

Postby Lady Nerevar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 am

Color, size, and spoiler all work (and can be accessed from the handy buttons above the post box). The others ive not seen in phpBB.

color

size

Spoiler: show
Spoiler

i've always used the list tag to handle indents.
Lady Nerevar

Postby SteveMB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am

Djinn_in_Tonic wrote:*These have a different method of functioning here, so it may not be an issue.

Well, for the ones that exist here but use different tags, the simplest solution is to copy your posts as plain text (in an "edit" window to capture the tagging) and do some standard search-and-replaces to convert the tag formats.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Gez » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:20 pm

I'd like to suggest something I've seen on a few other phpBB forums and that is pretty handy on a such a site: [wiki][/wiki]
For example "see the [wiki=Descriptive Table of Contents]TOC[/wiki]" would give "see the TOC" and "[wiki]Main Page[/wiki]" would give "Main Page". From what I know, it's pretty easy to add such a new tag.
Gez

Return to Suggestions/Requests