Book 2 - Page 3

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby quindraco » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 pm

So, I hear Tramennis can move at night, he just chooses not to.
--
QuinDraco
User avatar
quindraco
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 am

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BoopingCynic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:00 pm

quindraco wrote:So, I hear Tramennis can move at night, he just chooses not to.

Any unit can move in a single hex and may be able to attack at night but they can't leave the hex (except maybe Parson) it would be like violating the Second Law of thermodynamics in this universe :ugeek:.
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
User avatar
BoopingCynic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby DevilDan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:52 pm

quindraco wrote:So, I hear Tramennis can move at night, he just chooses not to.


I also hear that Tramennis does not sleep. He waits.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
User avatar
DevilDan
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Kerrrist.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby quindraco » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:18 pm

DevilDan wrote: I also hear that Tramennis does not sleep. He waits.


Tramennis knows what Charlie looks like, you know. So I heard, anyway.
--
QuinDraco
User avatar
quindraco
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 am

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Rift » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 pm

The voice I hear when Prince Traminnis speaks is that of Brad Dourif. He played Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings.
Image
Rift
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Darklotr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Haha nice comparison
Darklotr
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Jatopian » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 pm

BoopingCynic wrote:
Aris Katsaris wrote:To a man with an Arkenhammer, everything looks like a dwagon.


Wait, What? :|
I think that was supposed to be a reference to Maslow's famous "When all you have is a hammer..." quote.
Moik wrote:There keeps being complaints coming up about the heads being smaller and more regular now, and phrased as though it's a flaw in artistic consistency. I posit that it's intentional, hinting that
Spoiler: show
Erfworlders are becoming more human/real over time. Potential link; Rob's spoiler about Parson's Friends.
What spoiler, now?
Jatopian
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BoopingCynic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Jatopian wrote:
BoopingCynic wrote:
Aris Katsaris wrote:To a man with an Arkenhammer, everything looks like a dwagon.


Wait, What? :|
I think that was supposed to be a reference to Maslow's famous "When all you have is a hammer..." quote.
Moik wrote:There keeps being complaints coming up about the heads being smaller and more regular now, and phrased as though it's a flaw in artistic consistency. I posit that it's intentional, hinting that
Spoiler: show
Erfworlders are becoming more human/real over time. Potential link; Rob's spoiler about Parson's Friends.
What spoiler, now?

I guess I should look that up :oops:, and what spoiler? :|
---
*Edit: Cool, that is so Stanley :lol:.
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
User avatar
BoopingCynic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby warriortribble » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Tramennis reminds me of Brent Spiner. Specifically the way he played Puck in the Gargoyles series. Course the man is a jokester, so that aint saying much.

Well, here's hoping no one reminds me of Kate Mulgrew...
User avatar
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby HailGreen28 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Maybe "Tramennis" isn't "tremendous" at all.

Instead maybe it's a play on the word "trauma". With his words he can cause harm: He says "Ansom lives!" to Ossomer. His sarcasm to Ansom.

He might be skilled in causing trauma in battle. Maybe especially accurate with weapons. Maybe popped as a caster like a Shockomancer, which would be another reason the younger Ossomer was named Chief Warlord, Tramennis is really a caster.

or maybe he's "Dramatic" with the way he talks? meh.
HailGreen28
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BoopingCynic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:40 pm

HailGreen28 wrote:Maybe "Tramennis" isn't "tremendous" at all.

Instead maybe it's a play on the word "trauma". With his words he can cause harm: He says "Ansom lives!" to Ossomer. His sarcasm to Ansom.

He might be skilled in causing trauma in battle. Maybe especially accurate with weapons. Maybe popped as a caster like a Shockomancer, which would be another reason the younger Ossomer was named Chief Warlord, Tramennis is really a caster.

or maybe he's "Dramatic" with the way he talks? meh.

Tra-MEN-nis
DRA-ma-tic
TRAU-ma-tic

Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous and all of the names are a play on some good heroic qualities: He is a Prince more Ossamar, Ansom and Tramennis than a commoner :P.
I would think they have a brother or sister with a name based on charming :lol:.
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
User avatar
BoopingCynic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby ftl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:20 pm

BoopingCynic wrote:Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous.


The wiki isn't really an authority, FYI. It's basically got the same authority as what people say here, except it's something that a few people have agreed on (or, at least, not too many people disagree.) UNLESS it's actually marked as "Canon", there's not too much point in citing the wiki as an authority.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BoopingCynic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 pm

ftl wrote:
BoopingCynic wrote:Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous.


The wiki isn't really an authority, FYI. It's basically got the same authority as what people say here, except it's something that a few people have agreed on (or, at least, not too many people disagree.) UNLESS it's actually marked as "Canon", there's not too much point in citing the wiki as an authority.


But still find something that sounds like
Tra-MEN-nis
Tre-MEN-dus (Original Latin spelling)
Tre-MEN-dous
<insert phonetically spelled similar word... if you can :twisted:>
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
User avatar
BoopingCynic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby fjolnir » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 am

Tramennis strikes me as the guy who picks fights in bars, knowing his brothers will back him up, though slightly less belligerant
User avatar
fjolnir
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby AL_Lagarto » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:58 am

Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous and all of the names are a play on some good heroic qualities: He is a Prince more Ossamar, Ansom and Tramennis than a commoner :P.
I would think they have a brother or sister with a name based on charming :lol:.


Prince Charmin is the black sheep of the family, or took that spot before Ansom got decrypted, anyways. Jetstone tried to pop an heir and got a Royal dirtamancer instead.

On a more serious note, I'm running along the same mental lines as the person who thought Tramennis reminded them of Caligula. Is it really a coincidence that Tramennis wears caligae, the sandal/boots that gave Caligula his nickname? From summer update 40:

"I cheated of course," declared Tramennis as he dismounted adroitly. His caligae sandals crunched the gravel. "I set up a relay through Rollingstone and Penistone." He patted the Unipegataur on the flank and nodded his thanks to it.
AL_Lagarto
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Azukar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:07 am

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who took one look at Ossomer and saw Superman, or looked at Tramennis and thought, "Beware".

Jamie's artwork set an amazingly high standard in defining ErfWorld's style, and I think Elddonnemar is going to make a great successor.

Can't wait to see how Book Two is going to develop - if the Battle for Gobwin Knob taught me anything, it's not to bother even speculating, but to enjoy the ride.
Azukar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:50 am
Location: Australia - NSW

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Infidel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:45 am

Justyn wrote:
Infidel wrote: Such as an eccentric store owner that refuses to take credit cards for payment.


Actually, credit card companies charge storekeepers a monthly fee plus a fee per transaction; so shopkeeper not wanting to take credit cards might have nothing to do with eccentricity, but rather just not wanting to get hit coming and going from the credit card company.


true. I was trying to come up with a quick example. Guess I should have thought it out harder.

BoopingCynic wrote:But still find something that sounds like
Tra-MEN-nis
Tre-MEN-dus (Original Latin spelling)
Tre-MEN-dous
<insert phonetically spelled similar word... if you can :twisted:>


Ohh, I want to play too. How about.

Tra-Men-nis
tra-la-la-meningitis
tra-ooh-la-la-menintights.

Or Oss-o-mer
Ask-a-nerd.
House-of-Mer-ry men in tights.
O-SS-Ome-R
..sOS...SOs.....cOME..in please...is anyone out theRe?

An-Some
Hand-Some-cake over would you please.
a-ns-ome
A-nosmoking-home
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
User avatar
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby BoopingCynic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:11 am

Infidel wrote:
BoopingCynic wrote:But still find something that sounds like
Tra-MEN-nis
Tre-MEN-dus (Original Latin spelling)
Tre-MEN-dous
<insert phonetically spelled similar word... if you can :twisted:>


Ohh, I want to play too. How about.

Tra-Men-nis
tra-la-la-meningitis
tra-ooh-la-la-menintights.

Or Oss-o-mer
Ask-a-nerd.
House-of-Mer-ry men in tights.
O-SS-Ome-R
..sOS...SOs.....cOME..in please...is anyone out theRe?

An-Some
Hand-Some-cake over would you please.
a-ns-ome
A-nosmoking-home


I don't really get a lot of these words. and besides it doesn't make any sense without an adjective ;).
AL_Lagarto wrote:On a more serious note, I'm running along the same mental lines as the person who thought Tramennis reminded them of Caligula. Is it really a coincidence that Tramennis wears caligae, the sandal/boots that gave Caligula his nickname? From summer update 40:

OoOoh annay the prince and you get disbanded :mrgreen:. I mean wouldn't Caligula want to be able to vaporize anyone and everyone... just for fun... yeah that's Tramennis, if a bit more violent :?.
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
User avatar
BoopingCynic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby AllPurposeNerd » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:32 am

Rift wrote:The voice I hear when Prince Traminnis speaks is that of Brad Dourif.

I saw him at I-Con a few years ago. He was walking up the steps from the dealer's floor, I was walking down, and I looked at him and he looked at me with this real deer in the headlights look, no words exchanged, I was like, "Piter DeVries?" and he was like, "No, don't recognize me!"

Anyway, yeah, he's Tramennis so hard it hurts. Ya know I heard that Tramennis is his own side, and his natural allies are men.
Takeoff every Sig. You know what you do.
User avatar
AllPurposeNerd
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Davre and 11 guests