Book 2 - Page 3

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Naz Drala » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am

Roketter wrote:Wanda better not see Ossomer. I think she'd like to have a superman or two in her stack. :roll:

I don't know... I got the impression that she was a Wonder Woman kinda gal. Of course she might be mercantile enough to only be concerned with who gives her the biggest bonus.

p.s. yes I registered just to make those "jokes" :)
Naz Drala

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:06 pm

AllPurposeNerd wrote:I saw him at I-Con a few years ago. He was walking up the steps from the dealer's floor, I was walking down, and I looked at him and he looked at me with this real deer in the headlights look, no words exchanged, I was like, "Piter DeVries?" and he was like, "No, don't recognize me!"

The Harkonnen Mentat is how I knew him too. Yes I did watch LotR.

AllPurposeNerd wrote:Ya know I heard that Tramennis is his own side, and his natural allies are men.

That's also a Chuck Norris fact parody? It sounds a bit ... strange.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 pm

BoopingCynic wrote:Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous and all of the names are a play on some good heroic qualities: He is a Prince more Ossamar, Ansom and Tramennis than a commoner :P.
I would think they have a brother or sister with a name based on charming :lol:.

I have added 2 alternatives that have been suggested.

Also, I wonder how units are named. If Slately gets to name his heirs, then he may have given Tramennis the name before it was apparent.

OTOH, given that Balder is the one who picks the names, so presumably they have meaning for most of the other characters.

Tremendous is likely what was intended, but I don't think it has hit certainty yet.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BoopingCynic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 pm

raphfrk wrote:
BoopingCynic wrote:Nah I don't think so, plus here http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Tramennis it say's it is a play on tremendous and all of the names are a play on some good heroic qualities: He is a Prince more Ossamar, Ansom and Tramennis than a commoner :P.
I would think they have a brother or sister with a name based on charming :lol:.

I have added 2 alternatives that have been suggested.

Also, I wonder how units are named. If Slately gets to name his heirs, then he may have given Tramennis the name before it was apparent.

OTOH, given that Balder is the one who picks the names, so presumably they have meaning for most of the other characters.

Tremendous is likely what was intended, but I don't think it has hit certainty yet.

I think that since it is Ansom, Tremennis and Ossamar, and since you can't choose gender and probably name (remember Jillian?) it is probably just Balder making good puns :lol:.
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
BoopingCynic

Postby Moik » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Jatopian wrote:What spoiler, now?

BoopingCynic wrote:I guess I should look that up :oops:, and what spoiler? :|

Spoiler: show
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Word_of_the_Titans#2198313
I'm thinking this seeming evolution to normally-proportioned people is the how.
Moik

Postby Infidel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:03 am

BoopingCynic wrote:I don't really get a lot of these words. and besides it doesn't make any sense without an adjective ;).

it's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to be funny. Well I laughed, so HAH!
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Previous

Return to Reactions